City Gossip | Page 2 | Vital Football

City Gossip

And the draw for the fourth round of the Carabao Cup will take place on Saturday night after 9 p.m.

Just a snippet from the Pep presser. There was a suggestion that ben Mendy was late at the Club, Pep (in an effort to defuse potential Pogba like headlines from the paranoid media) quoted Traffic etc in the player's efforts to get to the ground on time, but was pushed for an answer.

wow they don't half clutch at straws in every conceivable manner to drive a wedge in there, when there are no cracks.

hands up all those who have never been late for work!

absolutely BD and the club should not let it go but is it newsworthy or is it trying to stir the pot, I am not sure.

I remember James Cooper when Bob was in charge, his first question was all about Mario

Three hours late is out of order. The article refers to him (perhaps) staying up to watch the Joshua fight......

Pep will not stand for anything that threatens squad harmony. The media will definitely try to jam a wedge if possible especially with the circus going on in Salford.

Otamendi back in the Argentina squad for their upcoming games, good news is there's still no place for Aguero.

Just needs a goal just like Mahrez to get his confidence back. I know he scored against Oxford, but he won't count that he needs a top flight goal. He did not look happy after scoring in midweek

No I decided to change the title because the previous one indicated purely on transfers and it can now include gossip, a place to put things like disputes in contracts if there is no separate thread.

If Kenny you want me to run by you If I want to post a thread or delete a forum as the Competition Forum has been, I shall gladly consult you or as you suggest we could run a poll what do you think?

FFS run it by everyone not just me! If anything rankles it's that a group of posters (for whatever reason) fucked off and then when you deign to return immediately change something!

There seems to be a consensus to have both a Specubollox and City Gossip which is great!

Onwards and upwards...

And brilliant from VK4 - but would we expect anything less although the cynic in me (and don't say you haven't noticed...) would suggest he doesn't need the money.

And Ramsey - exactly what message would buying him send out to any young midfielders on our books - and you know who I mean. Good player, but no thanks.

So where is the Comps forum?

re VK4 completely agree and giving the profits to charity means those that attend the testimonial will be giving their entrance fee to charity.

If Ramsey could guarantee fitness I would take him in a flash ideal for the Ferna post.

Benny Mendy was omitted from first team activities by Pep for a week due to his tardiness in attending treatment for his injury

Benny Mendy was omitted from first team activities by Pep for a week due to his tardiness in attending treatment for his injury

Actions have consequences :wagging:

Pep reminding Mendy that the side got along without him last season and can do so again. Mind you, it is interesting that Sané has shone brightly in his absence & this raises the question whether the pair can operate as well in tandem or whether such a progressive full back actually inhibits Sané......

A good problem to have.........and I am sure Pep will find a fix.