City Gossip | Page 117 | Vital Football

City Gossip

Ferguson did maintain his success over a considerable period that is true .....but those stats are pretty good evidence for putting Pep up there with the best.

Where I think Pep is head and shoulders above them all is the influence that has had, continues to have and the legacy his influence will have throughout the game on this country for years to come. Taggart may end up with more titles etc.......but I don't know anyone claiming he has influenced the style of play of their team.

Ferguson did maintain his success over a considerable period that is true .....but those stats are pretty good evidence for putting Pep up there with the best.

Where I think Pep is head and shoulders above them all is the influence that has had, continues to have and the legacy his influence will have throughout the game on this country for years to come. Taggart may end up with more titles etc.......but I don't know anyone claiming he has influenced the style of play of their team.
And without the constraint of ffp, in fact JoMU bullied teams into selling players and paying quite extraordinary fees that were lauded rather that castigated

And without the constraint of ffp, in fact JoMU bullied teams into selling players and paying quite extraordinary fees that were lauded rather that castigated
Yes, I didn't get into that territory but they had considerable advantages that rarely get highlighted. Not to mention the influence he wielded over officials.....I will never forget the Fergie Time added in the 2008 derby at the OT :censor:

The league was much less competitive as well. That red nosed bastard had a much easier path.

The league was much less competitive as well. That red nosed bastard had a much easier path.

It was less competitive but maybe was that because the rags made it so - ironically had they been a worse side then it might have been/seemed more competitive. If we win the title again next season (four seasons out of five) then looking back will this period seem less competitive taking into account the points differences? Might be more competitive away from the top, once we hit our stride and overtook the rags then no one really looked like stopping us. If we sign a top striker then I can't see us not winning next season, otherwise think Chelsea will probably be the main threat. We'll see...

Be nice if he worked out WTF was wrong with his play first. He has regressed into a modern version of Darren Huckerby again. Just watched bits of our win over the dippers in January - he was so much more direct. Now he seems to dirty her and mess up his control all the time.
“dirty her”?
:oops:

OMG I swear this f—king autocorrect will drive me insane.

I typed “dither”. I did. I saw it on the screen..........

Klopp getting his excuses in, just in case they finish P5, me thinks. In any case we had more injuries/Covid than Liverpool

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/57207985
Yes, it is something he is phenomenally good at. He is such a waffler & full of hot air. I mean what does that last sentence even mean?

Like the supreme egoist that he is it is never enough to simply praise your opponent, to give credit where it is due, to be gracious and magnanimous in defeat. No he has to decry his bad luck and in doing so try to diminish the achievements of others. What a prize knob. :tongue: