City Gossip | Page 116 | Vital Football

City Gossip

Quite so. Evening Standard = LondonCentric paper hence their deference. Tuchel has done very well - with what was a very good squad already.

The key part is this :-

"Guardiola can point to Anthony Taylor's refusal to award Raheem Sterling a late penalty — and bemoan Sergio Aguero's wastefulness from the spot. Meanwhile, it is undeniable he fielded a much-weakened team to the one that will face Chelsea in the Champions League final."​

In both games individual performances were well below par and there were some bad decisions made (Aguero's penalty; Rodri's getting caught in possession in the league game) - almost as if some players were trying not to exert themselves too much because they didn't want to risk an injury and missing out on the CL.......

....BUT overall Pep tried to win these games by keeping his focus on the Champions League and we paid the price. Had we had a slender lead in the league I am pretty sure Pep would have put out a stronger team last weekend.

What he now has to do is make sure that his Cunning Plan of lulling Tuchel and his players into a True Sense of Security hasn't been wasted and he makes sure that his selection for 29th May is spot on and FULLY FIRED UP.

Just to note.......

The rags play twice this week before we play Newcastle on Friday. They are at home to The Assassins on Tuesday and Liverpool on Thursday. They are currently 10pts behind us with a game in hand. If they win both matches the gap will be down to 4pts. I predict the usual media types will get all giddy and borderline hysterical and start broadcasting THE TITLE RACE IS BACK ON-type headlines to generate clicks etc.

Brace yourselves. Nothing is guaranteed. Mathematically the title is NOT secured. We still have a job to do and need to turn up on Friday BIG TIME. Pep’s decisions and Sergio’s poor penalty technique are playing havoc with my blood pressure :oops:

Just to note.......

The rags play twice this week before we play Newcastle on Friday. They are at home to The Assassins on Tuesday and Liverpool on Thursday. They are currently 10pts behind us with a game in hand. If they win both matches the gap will be down to 4pts. I predict the usual media types will get all giddy and borderline hysterical and start broadcasting THE TITLE RACE IS BACK ON-type headlines to generate clicks etc.

Brace yourselves. Nothing is guaranteed. Mathematically the title is NOT secured. We still have a job to do and need to turn up on Friday BIG TIME. Pep’s decisions and Sergio’s poor penalty technique are playing havoc with my blood pressure :oops:
You are not alone.
:bounce:

Just to note.......

If we can't bag 3 points from either Newcastle, Brighton, or the Toffs then we don't deserve it, of course the Rags could lose as well, so I remain supremely confident in achieving our #1 Pot for this season.

If we can't bag 3 points from either Newcastle, Brighton, or the Toffs then we don't deserve it, of course the Rags could lose as well, so I remain supremely confident in achieving our #1 Pot for this season.
Exactly but no favours expected from Leicester who appear to have blown up big time