City Gossip, Dressing Room and Tactics 21/22 | Page 41 | Vital Football

City Gossip, Dressing Room and Tactics 21/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the Athletic.

He announced this at the Nou Camp on Wednesday. His former City manager Pep Guardiola was in attendance, along with a number of names from his time in Manchester, his Barcelona team-mates and his Argentina colleagues.

He was in tears when he was initially introduced. After composing himself he said: “This is to tell you that I have decided to stop playing professional football.

“It is a very tough moment, but I am happy with the decision I have taken. First comes my health. I took the decision for the problems I had a month and a bit ago. I was in good hands of the doctors who told me the best was to stop playing. I took the decision about a week ago, I did everything possible to keep hope alive, but there was not much. I am very proud for my career, very happy.

“I always dreamed of playing football, thankful to everyone who has helped me, at Atletico, at City, I am very grateful because I was treated very well. And the people at Barca have been incredible with me.

“I wanted to come to the best team in the world, but things happen for a reason, and they have treated me very well here. Also, I am grateful to the Argentina national team, and everybody here in this moment, my family.”

From the Athletic.

He announced this at the Nou Camp on Wednesday. His former City manager Pep Guardiola was in attendance, along with a number of names from his time in Manchester, his Barcelona team-mates and his Argentina colleagues.

He was in tears when he was initially introduced. After composing himself he said: “This is to tell you that I have decided to stop playing professional football.

“It is a very tough moment, but I am happy with the decision I have taken. First comes my health. I took the decision for the problems I had a month and a bit ago. I was in good hands of the doctors who told me the best was to stop playing. I took the decision about a week ago, I did everything possible to keep hope alive, but there was not much. I am very proud for my career, very happy.

“I always dreamed of playing football, thankful to everyone who has helped me, at Atletico, at City, I am very grateful because I was treated very well. And the people at Barca have been incredible with me.

“I wanted to come to the best team in the world, but things happen for a reason, and they have treated me very well here. Also, I am grateful to the Argentina national team, and everybody here in this moment, my family.”
That must have been tough for him 🙁 but he will always be a legend at our club. What a player. What a privilege to have him at our club for the best years of his career. What a privilege to see him play. :bow:

Be well Sergio and thank you for so many magical moments but especially for that one 93:20 on 12th May 2012. Never to be forgotten.

I confess I could not bear to see Sergio’s goodbye stuff. One day I may find the balls to watch it but I’m in no fit state to do so at the present time.
Enjoy your retirement and stay safe and well.
Adios, mi heroe. 💙 :love1:

Something similar may've been posted before, but, why not. Well worth 20+ minutes of your time.

Aside from the clear winner in terms of favourite goal ever........(no prizes for guessing) of the many, many other wonderful strikes one of my other personal favs is the one against Liverpool™failed where he slots the ball in past Pepe Reina from the acute angle outside the box ........ exquisite :bow:

Aside from the clear winner in terms of favourite goal ever........(no prizes for guessing) of the many, many other wonderful strikes one of my other personal favs is the one against Liverpool™failed where he slots the ball in past Pepe Reina from the acute angle outside the box ........ exquisite :bow:

that too is my personal favourite the distance too had to be taken into consideration it was a fabulous strikers goal

Status
Not open for further replies.