City Gossip, Dressing Room and Tactics 21/22 | Page 40 | Vital Football

City Gossip, Dressing Room and Tactics 21/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Following Klipperty's unfortunate disrespect towards the African Cup of Nations it prompted me to check the dates to see when Mahrez will be absent.

The tournament takes place between 9th Jan - 6th Feb 2022.

City have two leagues games during this period -
15/1 - Chelsea H
22/1 - Southampton A
The 8th/9th Jan will be the FA Cup 3rd round.
If City progress the 28th/30th Jan would be when the FA Cup 4th round matches are scheduled.

personally I don't think he did disrespect the tournament, I understand what he meant and I have used the phrase myself but the media guy didn't get it, he could have substituted the world Cup in place and still referred to it as a little competition, just like we call Little John, just because he is tall.

I think he ought to be a bit more careful with his brand of humour. He likes to think he is a friendly guy but I can't help finding him a moaning, sanctimonious git.

I think he ought to be a bit more careful with his brand of humour. He likes to think he is a friendly guy but I can't help finding him a moaning, sanctimonious git.

I do think he is a right James Hunt and you are right but I don't think he knew that everything he says or does someone somewhere will take offence and that goes for all people in the public eye and you are correct saying he should engage brain before speaking.

His explanation makes sense bit awareness of his use of irony is wayward. Plus deep down his real frustration (if he were honest enough to admit it) is the fact that he will be missing Mane and Salah for the month.…..

Compared to the World Cup, Euro Cup and even the Olympics football comp by comparison the African Nations Cup is a smaller Comp. If that upsets a medja type, good.

Status
Not open for further replies.