City Fixtures and Changes - 2019/20 | Page 2 | Vital Football

City Fixtures and Changes - 2019/20

I've just seen a reminder that, for the first time ever, there will be a two-week break in February for every team.
Personally, I would have preferred it to be in January, but it's better than nothing, I suppose.

There's a full round of PL fixtures scheduled for Saturday the 8th of February - the next set is then due on Saturday the 22nd.

There's no domestic cups during this period. The League Cup semis are sorted in January, with the Final on the 1st of March.
The FA Cup 4th round is on the 25th January, with the 5th round on the 4th of March.

There are, however, last 16 first leg ties in the CL due on the 18th and 19th of February.

I've just seen a reminder that, for the first time ever, there will be a two-week break in February for every team.
Personally, I would have preferred it to be in January, but it's better than nothing, I suppose.
I am sure there are some good reasons for this break for the players, but for me I dont see the need. Clubs have 25 men squads and the should use them. Football is entertainment, it's bad enough with the meaningless internationals, but to deprive the watching public for 2 weeks in the middle of the season does not stack up for me, rant over.

There have been calls for a mid-winter break for years and this is their first stab at it. I know that trying to schedule something like this with all the complexities of the assorted league, cup, European and international fixtures must be live, playing five dimensional chess.

I do wonder whether they are getting their ducks in a row for the insane disruption in 2022 when the World Cup will take place in December in Qatar. FIFA’s proudest achievement ?

I am sure there are some good reasons for this break for the players, but for me I dont see the need. Clubs have 25 men squads and the should use them. Football is entertainment, it's bad enough with the meaningless internationals, but to deprive the watching public for 2 weeks in the middle of the season does not stack up for me, rant over.
I know what you mean JK, but all of Europe get a winter break except us and I think it did have an adverse effect with so many games over the festive period. I think there was a study that proved our leagues suffered more injuries and fatigue than our European counterparts because of it.

As long as the clubs don’t seize the opportunity to undertake long flights to foreign shores to play in lucrative but meaningless friendlies........:wagging:

I know what you mean JK, but all of Europe get a winter break except us and I think it did have an adverse effect with so many games over the festive period. I think there was a study that proved our leagues suffered more injuries and fatigue than our European counterparts because of it.
How does a Feb break counter the XMas and New Year games cluster, we wont to be entertained when we are on holiday. As I said, a 25 man squad should have no issues. I think moaning foreign coaches have had an influence, in particular Maureen.

June and July worst months without premier league action. We reached the July month end and I am happy and ready to welcome another roller coaster weekend rides . Thank you pep for so many good memories over last two season.

We have experienced two fabulous seasons enjoying sumptuous football, superb goals and outstanding success in domestic competitions. It will be fascinating to see how Pep can encourage and coach his players to deliver once again, to maintain their hunger for success, their desire to succeed and continue to develop as individuals and as a squad.

It is a privilege to live through these times & they are made all the sweeter by having endured the pain of the "wilderness years".

An exciting season ahead. I await the next 'warning' from the kit man or tea lady at Anfield.

I agree because according to Kipperty we are actually playing fantasy football and as we all know when you play Fantasy footie coming outside the top one is not an option

Fixtures moved for TV in October:-

Our trip to Crystal Palace will now take place at 4.30pm on Sunday 20 October. That game will be shown live on Sky Sports.

This match could be moved to Saturday 19 October at 5.30pm dependent upon the participation of Premier League Clubs in the UEFA Champions League the following Tuesday.

And the game at the Etihad against Aston Villa will now kick off at the earlier time of 12.30pm on Saturday 26 October, with live coverage on BT Sport.

Fixtures moved for TV in October:-

Our trip to Crystal Palace will now take place at 4.30pm on Sunday 20 October. That game will be shown live on Sky Sports.

This match could be moved to Saturday 19 October at 5.30pm dependent upon the participation of Premier League Clubs in the UEFA Champions League the following Tuesday.

And the game at the Etihad against Aston Villa will now kick off at the earlier time of 12.30pm on Saturday 26 October, with live coverage on BT Sport.

The Everton and Palace games moved back to Saturday at 5.30pm kick off on Sky due to Champions League commitments.

Fixture changes for February.....

Four of City's Premier League fixtures in February have been moved for TV coverage.
The game at Tottenham will now take place on Sunday 2 February at 4.30pm.

The visit of West Ham is now scheduled to take place on Sunday 9 February. Again, that game will kick-off at 4.30pm.

After the mid-season break, our campaign will resume on Saturday 22 February when City face Leicester at the King Power Stadium. The kick-off time for that game has been moved to 5.30pm.

And the game against Arsenal at the Etihad has been moved to Sunday 1 March, with kick-off at 2pm. This remains subject to our involvement in the Carabao Cup final and if course will have an extra dimension to it after the departure of Arteta to the Entitled Ones.