City 3 Arsenal 1 - Stats Link & Post Match Reaction & Debate | Page 2 | Vital Football

City 3 Arsenal 1 - Stats Link & Post Match Reaction & Debate

Dan T's Grauniad Match Report...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/nov/05/manchester-city-arsenal-premier-league-match-report

Johnny Baguette - 5/11/2017 16:43

City's unbeaten run since 23rd April:

Played 23, Won 20, Drawn 3, Goals for 69, Against 15.

This Pep bloke.......”not sure he gets the Premier League”

I think he has got the hang of it now and is making several hacks eat their words

For their goal we were exposed on several occasions on our left and not blaming delph for anything because he does a fabulous job, the more he plays in that position the better he will become.

City forward Gabriel Jesus' rate of a goal every 89.6 minutes in the Premier League is the best record of any player to score more than 10 goals in the competition.

“Guardiola’s reaction on the touchline was reminiscent of a man fighting an invisible swarm of bees.” (After Sterling’s messed up his pass into the box when Sané would have been clear)

LOL

Arsene Wenger:

"It was an intense game of quality on both sides. We did create plenty of dangerous situations and chances but overall, the referee made the decisions again with a soft penalty and offside goal. It was unacceptable what happened. This happened to us last year with two offside goals. Today, the third goal killed the game. Of course, City are a top team and that made it even more difficult for us.

"The referees don't work enough, the level drops every season.

"I think we played well against a team who play quickly and well on the counter attack. In the first half, we were perhaps too deep and in the second half we were more in the game. At 2-1, it looked like we could make it back to 2-2.

"City are obviously a good side but that's up to other people to talk about how good they are."

More from Johnny Magnanimous:

"I believe it was no penalty. We know that Raheem Sterling dives well, he does that very well. And the third goal was offside. I am very upset because at 2-1 we were in the game.

"The third goal was the killer and it is by coincidence that mistakes always go for the home team, as we know.

"It is unfortunate that the game finished the way it finished. I am disappointed. You can accept if it City win in a normal way, they are a good side but this is unacceptable. Last season we lost two offside goals and it has happened again.

"City will be hard to stop."

Johnny Baguette - 5/11/2017 17:22

"I believe it was no penalty. We know that Raheem Sterling dives well, he does that very well. And the third goal was offside. I am very upset because at 2-1 we were in the game.

"The third goal was the killer and it is by coincidence that mistakes always go for the home team, as we know.

"It is unfortunate that the game finished the way it finished. I am disappointed. You can accept if it City win in a normal way, they are a good side but this is unacceptable. Last season we lost two offside goals and it has happened again.

There we go again. Surprised he hasn’t asked for Sterling to be referred to the Diving Panel.

I just wish they would front up and be honest. Had that been Delph on Sanchez at the other end he would have been screaming for a penalty and praising the officials in getting it right. This sort of garbage does my head in.

Johnny Baguette - 5/11/2017 17:22

It's a free anywhere else on the pitch so of course it's a penalty, soft perhaps considering they're often let go but Monreal had no intention to play the ball, just the man and so right decision for me.

Offside is not on the ref, it's on the lino, he was off but replay showed it was tight, you win some you lose some.

Seriously hacked off at Wenger’s accusation that Sterling dived - he needs to be called out about that. He is calling Sterling a cheat. Seems to be par for the course now from PL managers against our players - Dyche started the ball rolling and Whinging Wenger has jumped on the bandwagon :019: :019: :019:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41879264

At the end of the day, his defender clattered into an opponent in the penalty area and did not make any contact with the ball. Anywhere else on the pitch it’s a free kick. Twat.

His remarks will generate the perfect sound bite for the headline writers - Sterling will be branded a cheat in the media

:019: :019: :019: