City 3 Arsenal 1 - Stats Link & Post Match Reaction & Debate | Page 4 | Vital Football

City 3 Arsenal 1 - Stats Link & Post Match Reaction & Debate

The offside was a definite offside but as much as they can blame the officials for calling it wrongly, they should also be having a go at their defenders who all stood still with their arms raised and allowed the pass that led to the goal. Must have forgotten the basics of playing to the whistle.

Colin Is The King - 7/11/2017 10:20

In real time, Silva looked offside by a distance.
Maybe not......

https://twitter.com/PrestwichBlue/status/927599355309248513

Yep, very little in it, much the same as the Sané one last year. I don't get the histrionics over it, when it's that tight you just rue your luck and move on.

It looked obvious in real time but it really was marginal and I too don't get what the fuss is about. I still remember the time Walker was offside by two yards at WHL a couple of seasons back in a move which led to Spurs equalising on the stroke of halftime. Don't recall a massive fuss about that decision.

The Arsenal players need to look at themselves - play to the whistle. You learn that in school.

So, AW is facing no sanction for calling Raz a diver.
At least his totally unwarranted outburst puts to bed, once and for all, the prospect of Raz going to the Arse.

The only thing it demonstrates is just how low Wenger’s credibility has sunk - no one is listening. They all looked at the footage and saw it was a penalty (apart from some one-eyed Gooners who thought it was fake news and that footage had been digitally altered).

Shame really - he is on the verge of breaking the record for managing the most matches in the PL but he is increasingly seen as an irrelevance due to his incessant moaning and whinging.

He does seem to have lost the plot and appears rattled. On the one hand you can't help but feel sorry for the old sod but on the other, I hope he stays put because it means they are not moving forward and are, indeed, regressing.

Many good points here....

http://www.readbutneverred.com/more-poison-with-the-praise-mr-guardiola/

Vinegar Tits won't leave this one be, he's done an interview with Bein in which he reiterates his views on Sterling

"[Sterling] used the naivety of the referee in a very positive way.That’s why I said the referees don’t work, they don’t do their homework.

"They’re professional in England, one of the few countries. Look at their schedule and look at how many will go to the World Cup.

"I didn’t say that in a negative way, I said he used the fact he was in front of our defender [Monreal] to dive and he dived. In a few years he’ll say that as well. In the heat of the moment he’ll deny it."

From a guy who has based an entire managerial career of failing to see what happened inside the penalty area it is astonishing the clarity within which he can call this incident. Speaking in heat of the moment immediately after a defeat is one thing but for him still to be regurgitating this slanderous garbage is bordering on requiring legal action.

He has called Sterling a cheat - again - and is now trying to reinforce that with continued references to the incident in an effort to manipulate and influence th officials. It is out of order and he needs slapping down.

I await Pep’s response when the inevitable questions are posed in his press conference before the weekend

Skoorb - 13/11/2017 07:19

From a guy who has based an entire managerial career of failing to see what happened inside the penalty area it is astonishing the clarity within which he can call this incident. Speaking in heat of the moment immediately after a defeat is one thing but for him still to be regurgitating this slanderous garbage is bordering on requiring legal action.

He has called Sterling a cheat - again - and is now trying to reinforce that with continued references to the incident in an effort to manipulate and influence th officials. It is out of order and he needs slapping down.

I await Pep’s response when the inevitable questions are posed in his press conference before the weekend

Last gasps from a dying man. He is determined to ruin his legacy.