City 2 Stretford Galacticos 3 - Stats & Post Match Reaction & Debate Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

City 2 Stretford Galacticos 3 - Stats & Post Match Reaction & Debate Thread

Nailed on. Red card for a Spurs player, penalty to the rags, job done. The narrative is written.

Atkinson stitched us up big time again.

You have to wonder whether anything retrospective should be done about Young’s foul on Agüero.

by the way mathematically it is still possible for Utd to win this league this season, with amount negativity surrounding our players , there is a high possibility that harry kane and co too will have as say on our title run coming week

I still don't believe that second half. Just went to another pub and carried on drinking. We should have had a penalty, Sterling and Gundogan should have put us 5-0 up at the break but neither happened. I was really optimistic for today and the game on Tuesday but then this happened. Hopefully 'typical City' will happen on Tuesday and we will win 4-0 but that second half... We are bullies, as long as we've got the ball and are in control then we are fine but the moment a team gets in our faces we lose it - our discipline second half was atrocious.

Skoorb is right we are not ruthless enough but I might add we are really so arrogant that it beggars belief.
The rags lifted themselves off the floor at halftime and gave us a lesson in guts and determination.
Maybe ( I hope ) that this is the lesson we learn.

Even if our attack as our form of defence was working well, which it is not, we still need to have a decent guard at our door, which we haven’t.

You know the stunning thing is I cannot think that the rags actually did anything remarkable in the second half. We just opened the door and held it for them as they waltzed through.

Their goals were all really soft. We simply took our foot off the gas and allowed them all the time and space they wanted.

Absolutely gutted.

As a City fan I have seen some spineless performances over the years but in many cases we were really garbage all around. But this? This was pathetic and all the worse for having secured a lead and controlled the game as the first half ended. Pep picked his players and they scored ........but having squandered those three chances he failed to react and let things go. In the past Sterling has been hauled off for missing a sitter. Perhaps he should have done the same but he allowed them to sit in the cozy posh dressing room and pat themselves on the back as if the game was won.

I a must more angry with all of them and Pep than I have been all season:mad:

Woke up this morning (not feeling fine). What's worse than an evening with the outlaws and THAT result. Dreading Tuesday and not looking forward to the Tots for that matter either.
Fuming.

The failure yesterday is collective - no one is exonerated save the subs and possibly Ederson who was left exposed by the sort of defending we witnessed last year and which led to Bravo being regularly eviscerated. They came out for the second half in a comfort zone for which Pep & Kompany must take responsibility - the latter is the captain and he should have fired them up and warned them against complacency; Pep should have been more proactive - if he wasn’t going to make changes in personnel to shake them up, he needed to do so mentally. So much for the relentless closing down and recovering the ball quickly - they were lethargic and slow and handed the initiative to the rags.

This is going to take a few days to get out of my system

Delph or Fernandinho commits this foul and you can bet Atkinson or his pathetic Assistant would have seen it :mad:

Ederson shouldn't be exonerated, that's 6 goals conceded from 6 chances in our last two games. Where's aggressive Ederson gone?

Fair point. I think I was trying to illustrate that Bravo would have been torn a new one for some of those goals because he had been left so exposed........but actually thinking on it, the ‘upgrade’ was supposed to cater for any of that type of defensive failing. So fair play, he should be included.

I do wonder wtf the point is of holding such a high line if when the ball is played into to it, the keeper doesn’t come and challenge in that space :shake:

Woke up this morning feeling the same way I did when I went to bed. That's two mornings in four days whereby I feel as grumpy as hell. Gotta shake this mood off or the wife will be chasing me with a pitch fork. Snap out of it Dave FFS.

Fair point. I think I was trying to illustrate that Bravo would have been torn a new one for some of those goals because he had been left so exposed........but actually thinking on it, the ‘upgrade’ was supposed to cater for any of that type of defensive failing. So fair play, he should be included.

I do wonder wtf the point is of holding such a high line if when the ball is played into to it, the keeper doesn’t come and challenge in that space :shake:

That's what got me Skoorb, that third goal would be food and drink to early season Ederson. Even his general performance seems lacking, the same problems of last season have resurfaced, no organisation, no aggression and no top class saves.

The morning after. Still seething. Off topic from the team losing belief, Sir Taggart and the FA/UEFA/Stretford board member D Gill oversaw proceedings yesterday side by side. Atkinson the ref who Taggart banned from the swamp until “the 97th minute game.”
City were adjudged to have made just shy of 20 fouls in the defeat yesterday which as VMC statto, I can confirm is unprecedented for any side involving our games this season while the rags offences were in single figures despite shocking fouls. The majority of the 6 City bookings came at a time when the team could not regain its rhythm. These are the facts. Expand it out to Tuesday. If we beat Liverpool by 4 clear goals, 6 of our players face 1st leg semi final suspensions if booked, including KDB and Fernandinho. We are far from a dirty side but factually what we will achieve this season will be not only through overcoming other football teams. Imho with the decisions that have gone against us this season it is a miracle we have come this far! God help us if Eire nemesis Turkish ref Cnuty Knacker gets the gig versus Liverpool.
Meanwhile. Barring a miracle remontada on Tuesday I fear we are teetering on the brink of a self induced implosion beyond the media anti-City brigade’s wildest dreams. When a team decide to have a real go at us, we currently have no answers.

I do think however that the referee also cost us the game, missing the handball which deflected away from the path of Sterling, Aguero's penalty shout and a good one at that, the linesman not spotting a foul by Young on Sterling when he was all over him, yet spots an innocuous one when sterling fouls Young, offside for the Smalling goal, I could go on, but the players themselves will have been frustrated at the bias shown by Atkinson and not for the first time I might add.

This is not the first time and give the intesnity of the occasion, the blatant nature of the Atkinson waving away the penalty appeals, it is not a surprise that the focus was lost and the red mist descended. We have faced this kind of bias all season long with the foul count regularly being higher for us than opponents.

But they have only themselves to blame for the for switching off especially for both Pogba's goals - he was allowed to drift into the penalty area untracked, a classic midfielder error regarding any player they should be tracking to no longer be their responsibility when they enter the penalty area. "That's the defender's problem"......

I remain pissed off with Pep's lack of energy and failure to get a grip and shake things up. Whatever the circumstances after Sterling missed two sitters he would previoulsy have hauled him off which might well have woken a few people up.

I remain angry :censor:

Damn! I was going to wait until I wasn't so pissed off before commenting, but that might be too long a wait.

Pep got it wrong twice in two games with his team selection.
We lose all confidence and self-belief far too easily.
Totally biased officiating is almost impossible to prevail against.
Sterling's misses are not funny anymore.
I'm really not looking forward to our next two games.