City 2 Stretford Galacticos 3 - Stats & Post Match Reaction & Debate Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

City 2 Stretford Galacticos 3 - Stats & Post Match Reaction & Debate Thread

Sterling’s misses and Gundogan’s header straight at De Gea feel worse every time i think about them

This is not the first time and give the intesnity of the occasion, the blatant nature of the Atkinson waving away the penalty appeals, it is not a surprise that the focus was lost and the red mist descended. We have faced this kind of bias all season long with the foul count regularly being higher for us than opponents.

But they have only themselves to blame for the for switching off especially for both Pogba's goals - he was allowed to drift into the penalty area untracked, a classic midfielder error regarding any player they should be tracking to no longer be their responsibility when they enter the penalty area. "That's the defender's problem"......

I remain pissed off with Pep's lack of energy and failure to get a grip and shake things up. Whatever the circumstances after Sterling missed two sitters he would previoulsy have hauled him off which might well have woken a few people up.

I remain angry :censor:

I think Pep's predicament in taking Sterling off after he missed them sitters was that it was Sterling that was creating most of our chances too, damned if you do...

Woke up this morning feeling the same way I did when I went to bed. That's two mornings in four days whereby I feel as grumpy as hell. Gotta shake this mood off or the wife will be chasing me with a pitch fork. Snap out of it Dave FFS.
Right there with ya, mate. I've been yelled at twice, and I've only been up for 45 minutes. Just floating around in a daze.

It has dawned on me why I have been feeling so crap about this ......

I dared to dream. I had foolishly dared to believe that these sort of days were a thing of the past. I had been seduced by the sumptuous football, by the late goals, by the sequences of results.......

That is why it cut so deeply to lose that one game. We have lost derbies before, we have sacrificed leads against the rags at home before, never with so much at stake but it really wasn’t even the League title issue, it was simply that I had thought the days of throwing games away were history.

I was wrong :shake:

The Ped report has yet to be posted here but I have posted on the front page.

I am not keen on any City player being called a chicken - seems Gundogan has replaced Bravo in the scapegoat arena

That reminds me, are we going to talk about Ederson? 6 goals conceded from 6 chances in the last two games, where's aggressive Eddie gone?

I was disappointed eso with the third on Saturday.....he took a tentative half step forward, then stopped and went back.....I thought the whole point of leaving such a large space was precisely to give the keeper a good chance of coming to collect/deal with the ball played into that area.:shake:

I was disappointed eso with the third on Saturday.....he took a tentative half step forward, then stopped and went back.....I thought the whole point of leaving such a large space was precisely to give the keeper a good chance of coming to collect/deal with the ball played into that area.:shake:

The second and third for me Skoorb, both them goals are food and drink to early season Ederson. The first and third last Wednesday too.

Even the shithouse defending we've witnessed the last two games was the type of defending that was blamed on Bravo's presence last season.

Hopefully we see aggressive Eddie back soon and that that proactive type keeping is not being coached out of him.

It is very odd that he should become more reticent now - you would think the time for that would have been immediately after he felt Mané’s studs in his face last autumn.

Had Bravo shown this hesitancy he would have been hung out to dry

The Ped report has yet to be posted here but I have posted on the front page.

I am not keen on any City player being called a chicken - seems Gundogan has replaced Bravo in the scapegoat arena

Gundogan has been pretty good this season - played out of position against Liverpool and missed a 'sitter' against the rags but then again who doesn't miss one every now and then.

Tonight is as 'they' say going to be massive. In my naivety/stupidity I'm rather looking forward to it.