City 2 Stretford Galacticos 3 - Stats & Post Match Reaction & Debate Thread | Vital Football

City 2 Stretford Galacticos 3 - Stats & Post Match Reaction & Debate Thread

Johnny Baguette

Alert Team
Full Time Stat Attack:
City 2 The rags 3
Possession: 65% v 35%
Shots: 20 v 5
On Target: 6 v 4
Corners: 8 v 4
Offsides: 0 v 2
Fouls: 17 v 9
Bookings: 6 v 3

We just lost it at the end and that is down to the Referee causes the frustration of some poor decisions at majot times.

On their comeback: "At half time we were feeling sorry for ourselves, we wanted to go out there and play with prided and thought we full deserved it in the end.

"The first half was terrible, we dropped off didn’t play our game, and could have been out of sight."

"The manager didn’t have to say much at half time as we knew ourselves as players it was a poor performance. He said that we didn’t want to be the clowns standing there watching them get their title.

"City have been fantastic here all season, but we stepped up and won the game."

"When you make a mistake you want an opportunity to make amends. You could see the relief after the first goal, and I am just glad to contribute."

"You never see Paul hide,11 players stood up today when it would have been easy to hide."

Twat summing up...

Man City 2-3 Man Utd
8557841a-b29b-4236-9d24-e82a9b116cf1.jpg

Robbie Savage
Ex-Leicester City & Wales midfielder on BBC Radio 5 live
What a pleasure it was to be here. Manchester City embarrassing United in the first half but then the player, who was so poor in the first half, ends up winning the game for United and stopping Manchester City claiming the title tonight.

Twat summing up...

Man City 2-3 Man Utd
8557841a-b29b-4236-9d24-e82a9b116cf1.jpg

Robbie Savage
Ex-Leicester City & Wales midfielder on BBC Radio 5 live
What a pleasure it was to be here. Manchester City embarrassing United in the first half but then the player, who was so poor in the first half, ends up winning the game for United and stopping Manchester City claiming the title tonight.
Not good enough, he's a twunt.

Speechless at what I have just witnessed.

We had history in our grasp and let it slip through our fingers. Instead of putting them to the sword we have handed them a gift and something they’d will beat us with for ages. And we thought Typical City was a thing of the past.

It could be argued that Pep once again underestimated what was needed but the side he picked went 2-0 up and carved out three other chances to bury the opposition. The responsibility for that lies with Raheem Sterling especially who spurned two gilt edged chances, and Gundogan who had a free header and sent it straight at De Gea.

To concede so softly hints at a lack of conviction and professional ruthlessness.

We have lost two critical games weaklily, lost momentum, shattered confidence and tainted what has been an astonishing season. We are in danger of limping over the line and have not shown the resilience and steel which are the hallmarks of truly great sides.

All City fans will be wondering what they have witnessed

Maybe it's time to sit some players, and bring in the youth. They haven't been a party to this collapse, and will see at it as a chance to impress.

Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho, speaking to Sky Sports:

"I was really sad with the first goal and I think it is the third corner they scored against us this season.

"Then with the second it was important for the players to keep confident. We moved the ball, more than any team has against Manchester City. We pressed a bit higher and we keep the shape to get a good result.

"I think mathematically we need six points to stay in the top four and this win is part of that tonight."

"Our challenge is to finish second but I want to congratulate City for the title because they are going to win and deservedly. They gave no chance to the others because they had this season of don't stop winning.

"My objective here was to get points and not spoil any celebrations. The point is can we improve enough to catch them next season?

"If the accusation from his agent about Pogba is that he wants to go to other clubs, his price has gone up."

Pep Guardiola on 5 live:

"A special day for United which is a pity. We did absolutely everything in the first half but then for 10-15 minutes we conceded goals. It is what it is.

"But we move forward. We did everything in the first half, we played with courage and created so many chances. Some penalties in the first half, some in the second half but we have to improve.

"We were not good enough in the end. The schedule is like this, that's why this competition is so tough.

"We will try to pick ourselves up for Liverpool, we are professionals."

A little sad for fans and players, we will try to be in a good mood next Tuesday. Football is boxes. When you’re in the box you have a good chance to score.

Penalty? I didn’t see it. I’ve been told it was but I didn’t see it.

They found their game, found their actions, they have spirit, but we did everything to win the game. Our team tried to create and attack, that is what we have done all season, we tried to produce all of that quality and goals. You have to defend a little better in the second half, but it is football. As far as intention no complaints.

Did we play bad? It would be good if you try to understand, that we played good football. You have to judge the performance and the way they played not only to look at the result to make a judgement."

It is hard not to feel that something is amiss after Young’s foul on Sterling (not given); similar incident against Young (given); his handball (nitgiven) and then the awful red card penalty foul on Agüero (inexplicably not given)

It is hard not to feel that something is amiss after Young’s foul on Sterling (not given); similar incident against Young (given); his handball (nitgiven) and then the awful red card penalty foul on Agüero (inexplicably not given)

You have to stop and think about it. However, it's done now, and, although I don't have a vast amount of time for Spurs, they will be hoping the refereeing in the Cup semi final isn't of a similar standard.