Christmas Thread 2020 | Page 3 | Vital Football

Christmas Thread 2020

I hate christmas with a passion. Made sure i am working xmas eve, xmas day, boxing day, NYE and new years day. Hate it. Hate it. Hate it. Hate everything about it. Hate people coming round, being obliged to go others homes who have the heating on full blast, hate opening presents, hate pretending to be all jolly and happy. Bollocks to it. Glad i will be nowhere to be seen.

I have had a proper barny with Mrs M about the xmas lights at the front earlier . Long story but basically because of the socket situation in the garage I cannot put all the lights up. If I did it would mean going out to the garage and contorting myself on the floor behind the treadmill to turn the xmas lights off . Now I said I am not doing that for 2 weeks every night in the cold garage. It will be me that has to turn them.off as no one else does . Apparently this was unreasonable, i am miserable and have ruined the fun of putting lights up. And the fact that she left a candle burning in the lounge all night last night kind of strengthened my point about me having to turn the lights off which didn't go down well either.

Xmas can fcuk off to be quite frank , sick.of it already. It turns people demented and unreasonable.

I have had a proper barny with Mrs M about the xmas lights at the front earlier . Long story but basically because of the socket situation in the garage I cannot put all the lights up. If I did it would mean going out to the garage and contorting myself on the floor behind the treadmill to turn the xmas lights off . Now I said I am not doing that for 2 weeks every night in the cold garage. It will be me that has to turn them.off as no one else does . Apparently this was unreasonable, i am miserable and have ruined the fun of putting lights up. And the fact that she left a candle burning in the lounge all night last night kind of strengthened my point about me having to turn the lights off which didn't go down well either.

Xmas can fcuk off to be quite frank , sick.of it already. It turns people demented and unreasonable.

You could always use a timer switch , but I suppose down South some people haven't caught up with modern technology.

"Do they know it's Christmas time at all?"

Yes Bob, a massive % of Africans are Christian, so they did know it was Christmas, they were starving, not thick.

"And there won't be snow in Africa this Christmas."

Err, yes Bob, parts of Africa would see snow.

Hope that helps.

Any other queries?

Have they said there prayers?

That's the problem with Xmas, everyone puts so much pressure on themselves to make everything perfect.

I swear if folks just calmed down, dialled it back a bit, and stopped it being so damn early and showy (look at us, we have the lights perfect etc) it might actually be fun.

Let me let you miserable fuckers into a little secret.... Xmas IS fun for those of us who want it to be fun!

It's what you make of it. Same as any other time of year really.

Let me let you miserable fuckers into a little secret.... Xmas IS fun for those of us who want it to be fun!

It's what you make of it. Same as any other time of year really.

Yes, I can't argue with that, things in life are what you make them.

My point remains, if it started later (as it used to) and wasn't so hyped, I would personally like it. The fact it starts in October now, and ramps up out of hand in Nov ruins it for me (and I am only talking about for me).

Was talking to my parents the other day and said I wish could get excited and festive like you do, I think it is great for you.

For me, I really just hate the hype and it looks that so many people (as highlighted by MD last night) fight and argue over this period because of the pressure to make it perfect.

Oh and another difference, to be fair, is you have a lovely young kid to re-live your childhood Christmases through, that must make a massive difference, he gets excited, you get excited for him. Brilliant stuff.

Hi folks Scrooge here, hate Christmas with a passion, and cant wait for 1st of January to get it all out of the way.
Have spent the day putting up the rediculously huge tree Mrs wittonite insists on and decorating it all.
I have to say it looks great when its all finished, but never liked it as a kid, and cant wait to get back to Spring weather in the new year.
Feel the same mate even as a kid just did'nt like it. Well now I am on my own and this year its cancelled I can do what I want to do.