Christmas Thread 2020 | Page 2 | Vital Football

Christmas Thread 2020

I'm looking forward to a nice quiet one at home and meeting my brand new niece for the first time.

And I quite like the idea of not having to go out to the pub and meet all my mates (most of whom I see all round year anyway) and getting stuck in the local town in the cold trying to get a taxi home.

Sod it, why have folks like you lot and not expect you to do the legwork lol (I'm now bored of searching)

Not seen much about Xmas restrictions and what's supposedly being lifted with not being around much, but we normally have my uncle up and subject to him confirming he's been clear and free for 14 days and double checking he's been still basically shielding as we expect anyway. There's no issues with that is there?

Between 22nd December and 27th December we have 5 days reprieve.

We are all allowed to have up to 3 households mixing over that time so I can't see any issue with your Uncle, Mike

Sod it, why have folks like you lot and not expect you to do the legwork lol (I'm now bored of searching)

Not seen much about Xmas restrictions and what's supposedly being lifted with not being around much, but we normally have my uncle up and subject to him confirming he's been clear and free for 14 days and double checking he's been still basically shielding as we expect anyway. There's no issues with that is there?
No that's fine, but you can't then spend Boxing Day (for example) with another 'household' - i.e. you have to stick with the same (up to 3) households for the 5-day period, as I understand it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-55056375

We'll find out tomorrow what's going to happen for Christmas here. The mrs usually puts on a big show but there won't be much point if it's just the four of us.

I tell you one thing shrinks would have a field day with, is why Christmas songs make me feel so glum. They really go through me, was in Sainsbury yesterday with the non stop xmas tunes and I just hate it.

But I had lovely Christmases as a kid, no traumas or owt.

:santa:

Hi folks Scrooge here, hate Christmas with a passion, and cant wait for 1st of January to get it all out of the way.
Have spent the day putting up the rediculously huge tree Mrs wittonite insists on and decorating it all.
I have to say it looks great when its all finished, but never liked it as a kid, and cant wait to get back to Spring weather in the new year.

I'm at home with the family for the next week so helped put the tree up today. It does look lovely and all that shit.

But when I was younger Christmas lasted around 5 or 6 days, now it feels like a month and a half. I blame the shops for that, as soon as Halloween is done the tinsel comes out.

At least I can’t be accused of not being in the Xmas spirit after demolishing 2 huge slabs of stollen this evening.
Yum .

I've already watched the following films this week.

Bad santa 2
Die hard
Die hard 2
A muppet Christmas carol
Home alone
Home alone 2
Arthur Christmas

I went outside to cut and trim the bushes outside the front today as I knew the Xmas decs were going up indoors. Managed to stay out there for about 3 hours , did the job, chatted with my neighbour and my mum and dad who passed by.

Came indoors, yep, all done .

I now can’t put anything down on a table or sideboard with out smashing into a snow globe, Xmas ornament or any other Xmas chintzy shite. The dogs tail whacks into numerous chintzy Xmas shit at Labrador tail level. Things have been moved to make room for the chintzy shite so I can’t find things now. And I can see my electric meter reading turning at warp speed 9 with all the extra lights now up.

MEH.

Oh and the outside lights are not even up yet. Apparently I need to be supervised doing it and she went out this afternoon.

MEH

I went outside to cut and trim the bushes outside the front today as I knew the Xmas decs were going up indoors. Managed to stay out there for about 3 hours , did the job, chatted with my neighbour and my mum and dad who passed by.

Came indoors, yep, all done .

I now can’t put anything down on a table or sideboard with out smashing into a snow globe, Xmas ornament or any other Xmas chintzy shite. The dogs tail whacks into numerous chintzy Xmas shit at Labrador tail level. Things have been moved to make room for the chintzy shite so I can’t find things now. And I can see my electric meter reading turning at warp speed 9 with all the extra lights now up.

MEH.

Oh and the outside lights are not even up yet. Apparently I need to be supervised doing it and she went out this afternoon.

MEH