Christmas Thread 2020 | Vital Football

Christmas Thread 2020

kefkat

Vital Football Legend
Shh! Don't want to wake them do we? Leave the lights on low and lets get these dec's up ready for the morning, Needs a woman touch in here. So glad I got new now! Now where is that bag of Claret and blue tinsel and gets to work

I hope those Christmas binmen will be working properly this year, else this lot will be moaning about the bin status all month :santa::santa::santa:

So it's the 1st of December and someone got to do it so the ''all things Christmasy' thread is here. After this year, I thought I would play an opener of one of the most popular Christmas songs of all times!

Welcome to Anti-Christmas and New Year, for all things about ''this most wonderful time of the year'' He does show some love at the end, kind of

Your first Christmas song, as I ''Deck the halls with bows of holly'' :guitar::santa:Bday:santa::guitar:

No real wishes, as per usual, apart from the hope mom and dad have a nice time. We've cancelled Xmas meal out, was going to Lambs in Stratford on Boxing Day, as they;'ve been shafted by the tier sysem, that looks unlikely.

I'll make sure they are able to relax and hopefully have a little laugh. That's all that matters to me. Mom had a stroke a few weeks back, she's bounced back well bless her, but want what time left she has, to be as good as it can be.

No real wishes, as per usual, apart from the hope mom and dad have a nice time. We've cancelled Xmas meal out, was going to Lambs in Stratford on Boxing Day, as they;'ve been shafted by the tier sysem, that looks unlikely.

I'll make sure they are able to relax and hopefully have a little laugh. That's all that matters to me. Mom had a stroke a few weeks back, she's bounced back well bless her, but want what time left she has, to be as good as it can be.

I think many restaurants are doing home deliveries of 🎄 meals cooked, delivered and you just serve on the day. It might be something to look into

I am sorry to hear that about your mom JF. Its hard seeing our parents getting older (in my case just mom) I hope she is recovering ok

So even though I put the decorations up on 22nd November, I did refrain from starting a Xmas thread.... until now! It's December, so screw you if you think it's too early!

Cooked dinner last night while blasting the Xmas tunes! Feeling very festive.

What does everyone have planned for the big day? We're having my mom and her partner over for xmas dinner, so 7 of us in total which will be a lot easier than cooking for 16 like last year!

No Turkey this year though as it's rubbish. Will be getting a rib of beef.

Oopps, didn't see that thread.... well I did, but I thought it was just about the song so didn't click it. My bad. Will merge (and maybe change the title)

Yes, sorry, didn't mean to hi-jack the thread with talk of mom, she's bounced back well bless. She's 80, it is just what age brings innit.

But determined to make their Christmas nice, despite my hatred of this time of year.

Wish I had the vibes that some like Deano get, a festive feeling. I couldn't imagine ever putting on Christmas songs, I do turn them off though!

Nice that people find this time of year so enjoyable though, as long as they think about those who need love, charity and to have people reach out to them during this time, as opposed to just tinsel and presents and commercial stuff.

:santa:

I like Christmas , but he build up starts far too early nowadays.

The 10-14 days covering Christmas and the New Year is the bit I like.

I like Christmas , but he build up starts far too early nowadays.

The 10-14 days covering Christmas and the New Year is the bit I like.

Yes,think if it was more compact, I'd think it was fine, but it goes on and on and nah, not for me thanks!

I never thought of this until I heard it about a week ago, Christmas time is essentially a mental health event.

We all know Christmas is essentially a continuation of various pagan traditions but when you think about how dark and depressing it gets and how isolated some of us are. Christmas brings people out, it gives us something to look forward to and it gives us a time to celebrate and treat people well.

All these traditions essentially make us feel better. We go out get our tree, we decorate it, have some drinks, go down the shops, have our nice coffee or comfort foods and meet people and be around people. It'll be very difficult for more people this year without that buzz, as much as we all hate lines.

Sod it, why have folks like you lot and not expect you to do the legwork lol (I'm now bored of searching)

Not seen much about Xmas restrictions and what's supposedly being lifted with not being around much, but we normally have my uncle up and subject to him confirming he's been clear and free for 14 days and double checking he's been still basically shielding as we expect anyway. There's no issues with that is there?