Christian Eriksen - Player Thread | Page 19 | Vital Football

Christian Eriksen - Player Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can only think he is so confident and blase about his talent he knows he can up his game when he wants to. Rather than bust a gut every game he will drop his level if he feels like it.

Similar to Ronnie O' Sullivan in snooker. He knows he is better than anyone else so just turns it on to prove it sometimes. Not a pleasant trait but money is no worry ,he holds the cards.

I can condemn it but if I were in the same boat I'm not sure I'd be any different !!

If that were true - he'd have had a statement game in the CL final, sadly he didn't - in fact he seemed to switch off in what should have been the biggest game in his career.

Why would he drop his form for Denmark because he didn't get his move for Spurs? Surely he should relish linking up with his countrymen and being away from toxic Spurs if that's really the root cause. Furthermore wouldn't explain why he didn't turn up in the CL final as that was before the window opened.

IDK what the answer is, maybe just hitting some poor form but really he should be stamping inconsistencies out at his age.

He is in a rut. Whatever the reason the bloke should be treated like everyone else, drop him. We will suffer we have seen that but we reap what we sow. The tragedy is that we have no natural understudy and haven't for years after several failed attempts at growing one Carrol ect we think we have one in the guise of GLC but I'm not sure. Just dream of having Fodden sat on the bench to come on. This problem for us is five years in the making.

He is in a rut. Whatever the reason the bloke should be treated like everyone else, drop him. We will suffer we have seen that but we reap what we sow. The tragedy is that we have no natural understudy and haven't for years after several failed attempts at growing one Carrol ect we think we have one in the guise of GLC but I'm not sure. Just dream of having Fodden sat on the bench to come on. This problem for us is five years in the making.

Would you drop him based on his last game for us ?

That's my point about him just doing enough to justify being picked or included on the bench. It will be Interesting monitoring his future performances. His problem as I have said is......He is that good, anything less sticks out like a sore thumb.

Some comments inferring if Eriksen plays bad so does the rest of the Danish team and vice versa....if he plays well so do they. He is that influential according to some opinion.
Can we apply that to Spurs games ?

Some comments inferring if Eriksen plays bad so does the rest of the Danish team and vice versa....if he plays well so do they. He is that influential according to some opinion.
Can we apply that to Spurs games ?

Sometimes yes, sometimes no - he is that good, but we now have no idea what Eriksen is stepping over that white line.

Would you drop him based on his last game for us ?

That's my point about him just doing enough to justify being picked or included on the bench. It will be Interesting monitoring his future performances. His problem as I have said is......He is that good, anything less sticks out like a sore thumb.
No I'd drop him on his form over the past twelve games. He had a pre season and a summer off okay he did not get the move he wanted, but he can and we need more from him. I dont think a straight bet on a replacement makes sense get another class ACM player and get one fast.

hopefully Dele hasn't been rushed back this time and can return to form properly... He's a different style of AM to Eriksen but a very good one, and with Lo Celso alongside there's hopefully enough variation in our attacking play to get it done without Chris moving forward.

hopefully Dele hasn't been rushed back this time and can return to form properly... He's a different style of AM to Eriksen but a very good one, and with Lo Celso alongside there's hopefully enough variation in our attacking play to get it done without Chris moving forward.

In the rehab room?

For whom?

That’s the issue.

I don’t disagree at times we should, but there is no options.

For whom?

That’s the issue.

I don’t disagree at times we should, but there is no options.
His last performance for us was good if I remember correctly. I would rest him for sure in some games, bring him on from the bench if needed, try to eradicate any fatigue be it mental or physical. We need to get a tune out of him while he is here even if to keep his value up .

His last performance for us was good if I remember correctly. I would rest him for sure in some games, bring him on from the bench if needed, try to eradicate any fatigue be it mental or physical. We need to get a tune out of him while he is here even if to keep his value up .

He’s done nothing this season to not be starting

Considering we are back to last seasons squad again he has to start

Kiny an Chiv nailed it before I could....I am all for dropping an out of form player...but for who? Now I will argue we have much more depth at the AM position than say striker....ahem...

I argue that our most in form AMs at the moment are:

-Lamela - Standard...playing his best when the rest of team is faltering...hope he stays healthy.
-Lucas - Playing great but MP hates him so his play time is erratic at best.
-Son - knocking off his rust, but looked good last go.

and then....

-Lo Celso - no knock here...he is new and MP is stupid so he can't get much play time...though the cameo he did get was impressive in my opinion.
-Dele - I just don't see it...zero impact last showing...absolutely zero in my opinion. I think he thinks he is 100 times better than he actually is...dipshit

So I guess based on that you run Lamela, Son, and Lucas behind Kane...hmmm actually I kind of like the look of it. Now if we can just get Kane going...

I would play 4-3-2. The 3 would be Dele, Winks and Ndombele. The 2 would be Kane and Son.

As for why I haven't played 4-3-3. That's because I think Eriksen should go and play his best role. A total free-role floating around the pitch and influencing the game.

Let the maestro play.

I would play 4-3-2. The 3 would be Dele, Winks and Ndombele. The 2 would be Kane and Son.

As for why I haven't played 4-3-3. That's because I think Eriksen should go and play his best role. A total free-role floating around the pitch and influencing the game.

Let the maestro play.

Lloris

Aurier Sanchez Vert

Ndombele Winks Sissoko Son

Moura Kane Dele

Wouldn't play Eriksen unless there are clear signs that he's ready to commit all - only the training pitch will tell you that. On the bench, ready to come on if we're desperate.

Status
Not open for further replies.