Chorley in our cup | Page 18 | Vital Football

Chorley in our cup

His body language and demeanour is just so negative. Standing their with his hands in his pockets failing to offer advice to what was essentially a youth team is just poor management. Offer some encouragement, some motivational words, some tactical advice but don’t just stand their looking like you can’t be arsed, even if you aren’t. Doesn’t seem the right personality to me to manage what I said is essentially a youth team. Our academy manager could do much better.

Err - perhaps you were watching a different game to me ?, but up until Long got sent off at around 44 mins it looked to me like we were playing just fine - the midfield were passing the ball around accurately and we were keeping possession and controlling the game, we were 2:0 up and playing some nice football!
It went pear shaped when Long got sent off and Sheridan panicked and took off Merrie who had been playing well in midfield with Perry and proceeded by bringing on a young foreward to play out of position in defence he did this with about 1min to go to half time and with us 2:0 up - what a complete twat !

After this stupid substitution our midfield was fucked up and the rest is history !

Sorry about the expletives but just thinking about what (in my book) Sheridan caused yesterday and then piled the blame on Long and the other young guys just makes me so angry ! and I just want to call a twat a twat when it’s fully deserved !

The fact that he didn't support their players at all is just salt on the wound. Both on the pitch and off the pitch with his declarations (saying they should be held responsible and that they concede comical goals... Come on man).

Just listened to Sheridans interview - I dont see a problem with what he has said publicly - he was honest and genuine - the players should have done better and hopefully they will learn from it.
He is their manager not some random fan. He threw them under the bus and took no responsibility at all.

I wonder if the “experienced” #2 team in L1 players get as much crap from their fans after getting beat at home by Chorley as our youngsters did ? !

Chorley were outstanding and thoroughly deserved to win. Makes our defeat against them feel less embarrassing now considering they just outplayed a top end league one team with 11 men for the full game,a near full strength team and inside 90 minutes.
Well done to them and I hope they get a decent draw in the 3rd round and fans are allowed in.

Currently looking good at 1-0 up to go on and beat Wayne Rooneys Derby County (U23's).
I was surprised that the quality of Chorley's first players are far more superior than Derbys academy players.

Not taking out away from our oldest rivals but like the game against us especially with ten men I would have had them down as favourites today. Derby are shite and today's Derby side didn't resemble a Derby championship side.
However they got one over on Elbows Rooney.

As much as it's a great opportunity for Chorley to progress in the FA, the fact that it's a make shift Derby team due to covid issues, it's just more evidence that all sport should be stopped...taking up vital resources, exposing risks to players/ playing staff & the sheer greed of football.... I'm beginning to sound like a broken record but what will it take to make authorities sit up & listen 🤔

As much as it's a great opportunity for Chorley to progress in the FA, the fact that it's a make shift Derby team due to covid issues, it's just more evidence that all sport should be stopped...taking up vital resources, exposing risks to players/ playing staff & the sheer greed of football.... I'm beginning to sound like a broken record but what will it take to make authorities sit up & listen 🤔
Nobody listens Jock. The government, the people. Loads of cars on the road, loads more kids in school than there should be, kids in school at all is crazy. Supermarkets don't even have one way. Takeaways all open.
Everything needs to close now.

Well done Chorley, it will give them vital money in these hard times.

It reminds me of the times when were a Non-League team and caused
some shocks in the FA cup.

Well done Chorley, it will give them vital money in these hard times.

It reminds me of the times when were a Non-League team and caused
some shocks in the FA cup.
We would have caused many more shocks if we had played against line ups like what us and Derby had out.