Choi, Au Yeung, or the Admins - who's the target? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Choi, Au Yeung, or the Admins - who's the target?

If that is indeed the sum total of all she has to say in Parliament on the matter let's just say both she and her trumpeters somewhat over egged it last week.
Come on Lisa "blow the bloody doors" off as signalled not pay lip service by a passing mention in a wider speech !

I think she's right to tag it to a wider point. Unfortunately we're not a big enough club for Westminster to take too much exception to a wealthy man gambling with or to care enough to overhaul the admin process. We saw how quickly the rest of the football world lost interest in the case, proven further by how little coverage the takeover has received. She's right to try and I thank her for it along many other efforts, however I unfortunately feel that this is a Hollywood plot without a satisfactory ending - the bad guys will just vanish, maybe to return elsewhere and do the same. The conclusion to this disaster, and our future, is now in the hands of Phoenix. It's tough but I think that is the only justice will we have and we just need to look forward

So Nandy influenced the Bahrainians to buy the club did she?
No, of course she didn't. However:

- she may have influenced the EFL to "properly scrutinise" the Spanish bid
- she may have influenced the Admins to (eventually) stop pratting about, and
- her involvement, commitment and integrated working with the council and the SC may have impressed the Bahraini team. After all, she did get a mention in their statement.

Of course, you may be right, she did bugger all ... but come on mate, it's hardly likely ... you didn't even think to fast forward over Jay Whittle's bit in that "fans' interviews" video.

;)

No, of course she didn't. However:

- she may have influenced the EFL to "properly scrutinise" the Spanish bid
- she may have influenced the Admins to (eventually) stop pratting about, and
- her involvement, commitment and integrated working with the council and the SC may have impressed the Bahraini team. After all, she did get a mention in their statement.

Of course, you may be right, she did bugger all ... but come on mate, it's hardly likely ... you didn't even think to fast forward over Jay Whittle's bit in that "fans' interviews" video.

;)

May have this, May have that, Maybe this Maybe that?

I still say she asked the EFL to "properly scrutinise" the Bahraini's then ask for further checks to jeopardise the takeover hoping to piss them off and they would walk away so the door stayed open for Pollard and Co.

Chuffed as a butty the EFL fucked her off!

;)

Ok Moonay i took your point the first time, no need to milk it! :downer:

More chance of the Goon Squad hunting down and knee capping Baron Greenback, The Citeh blurt, Rick Parry, Choi & Au Yeung than parliament doing anything remotely positive to stop this happening again.

Fair play to Dandy Nandy though, at least she's tried 👍

I think she's right to tag it to a wider point. Unfortunately we're not a big enough club for Westminster to take too much exception to a wealthy man gambling with or to care enough to overhaul the admin process. We saw how quickly the rest of the football world lost interest in the case, proven further by how little coverage the takeover has received. She's right to try and I thank her for it along many other efforts, however I unfortunately feel that this is a Hollywood plot without a satisfactory ending - the bad guys will just vanish, maybe to return elsewhere and do the same. The conclusion to this disaster, and our future, is now in the hands of Phoenix. It's tough but I think that is the only justice will we have and we just need to look forward

My how those f@ckers in parliament would take notice if it was a BIG club n not little ole Latics. Imagine the uproar from Man U / Liverpool / Chelsea directors who'd be in the ears of front bench politicians....

May have this, May have that, Maybe this Maybe that?

I still say she asked the EFL to "properly scrutinise" the Bahraini's then ask for further checks to jeopardise the takeover hoping to piss them off and they would walk away so the door stayed open for Pollard and Co.

Chuffed as a butty the EFL fucked her off!

Tee hee hee. So, I speculate on some reasonable points, supported to a degree by the comments from the new Chairman, yet you push a conspiracy theory with absolutely no merit to it whatsoever !

Life must be hard in your world.
;)

We already had the argument about how much use Nandy was during the last 9 months. No one will have changed their mind from a week ago so let's not rehash it.
Yeah, that's why (as I said) I started the new thread ... just to comment on her comments.

Can't help it if folk still want a pop though I suppose.

100% bang on. Pointless discussion which can only lead to Arthur dusting his bollocking stick off.
If you can't differentiate between commenting on what she says, or doesn't say, or who she says it about, and commenting on the woman herself, then sorry mate, it's your lookout.

It seemed a fairly reasonable thread topic to me.

If you can't differentiate between commenting on what she says, or doesn't say, or who she says it about, and commenting on the woman herself, then sorry mate, it's your lookout.

It seemed a fairly reasonable thread topic to me.

Well here's my last post on this pointless thread...I think she has exaggerated her involvement in the whole business, I think her preferred option wasn't successful, I think she has over-egged the shitstorm she said she was going to perform in Westminster and so basically , in my eyes, she's full of hot air. Now crack on if you wish on a marathon political shite fest but I won't be taking part.

Well here's my last post on this pointless thread...I think she has exaggerated her involvement in the whole business, I think her preferred option wasn't successful, I think she has over-egged the shitstorm she said she was going to perform in Westminster and so basically , in my eyes, she's full of hot air. Now crack on if you wish on a marathon political shite fest but I won't be taking part.

Now hold on a god darn minute there HindleyM, you can't just go n chuck them thar handgrenades of opinions then not expect Moonay to have dusted off his roottin tooting rocking chair, gone n got some popcorn, corndog & sum Doctor Pepper to wash it all down whilst typing out his multiple replies to your good self until the sun rises over the yardarm.......🍻😉

This not the Parliament speech.
Parliament are on their hols at the moment.
Chatham House, although sounding like Houses of Parliament- not, is a research unit.

Was this the speech where the wrong doings against 'our club' was going to feature?
There was a line that went 'The football fans who fought for a year to save their loved local club after it was thrown away for a gambling debt by financiers on the other side of the world.'
Is this the bit? Actually Latics fans fought nine months and not a year and unless the MP knows something else the 'gambling debt' was a theory that had long been dismissed as fiction. Hopefully there may be some light shed on this.
Anyway, Pollard didn't succeed and that's water under the bridge now. Can see why she attached a personal agenda and a Lisa test to the Bahranians now as this could have been a major embarrassment to her in terms of the main points of her speech.
Will we see her at Latics? Entirely up to her. She pinned her name to the Latics flag in some sort of way and for some sort of reason so she has my gratitude for that but that doesn't mean she likes football.

Your view.
You're entitled to.it.
In my opinion, it's flawed.
Regardless, it still wasn't the point of the thread.

Last edited:
100% bang on. Pointless discussion which can only lead to Arthur dusting his bollocking stick off.

Actually Hindleymon, I'm very happy that Moonay created this dedicated thread. My sole gripe and the reason I decided to take on some minor administrative duties was because of threads going off topic, particularly with regard to politics discussions.
Now, you, KDZ, Jock and ME can easily ignore this entire thread whilst the rest of the interested parties can just crack on.
In my smug, self centered, self obsessed little world I'm actually thinking that my previous moaning in this regard may actually have influenced Moonay, to the benefit of all the forum contributors (I am obviously a little deluded)