Choi, Au Yeung, or the Admins - who's the target? | Page 3 | Vital Football

Choi, Au Yeung, or the Admins - who's the target?

Actually Hindleymon, I'm very happy that Moonay created this dedicated thread. My sole gripe and the reason I decided to take on some minor administrative duties was because of threads going off topic, particularly with regard to politics discussions.
Now, you, KDZ, Jock and ME can easily ignore this entire thread whilst the rest of the interested parties can just crack on.
In my smug, self centered, self obsessed little world I'm actually thinking that my previous moaning in this regard may actually have influenced Moonay, to the benefit of all the forum contributors (I am obviously a little deluded)

I think you're entitled to be a little smug Arthur, as it probably did.

I know I seem to get most (or at least, much) of the blame for politics being raised on the forum, but that's just cos others are maybe more keen to point the finger, even when others have initiated the digression.

I think the topic here is a valid one without politics being involved in the slightest.

Daleks is right too, I think I may have misled folk by assuming the speech was going to be in Parliament, when in fact, it was just the Chatham House one ... which leads us to a reasonable assumption that (not being in the HoP, where she'd be protected by parliamentary privilege) the blowing off of the doors is yet to come.

... which leads us to a reasonable assumption that (not being in the HoP, where she'd be protected by parliamentary privilege) the blowing off of the doors is yet to come.
I hope so - then Latics fans can finally have some clarity and closure on wtf has been going on for 9 months to enable a line to be drawn. Otherwise the discord will continue for years. I don't care if its a statement at 11pm on a monday night with 3 people in the chamber it needs airing.
Still not holding my breath that she will do it at all - maybe a day counter on the home page would be appropriate similatr to the Tony Blair WMD one from back in the day ?

🎣 Where's me landing net ? 😁
Surprised that you didn't point out the intentional spelling mistake as well mind ! 😂😉

Intentional my arse! I actually thought of correcting it for you, but thought it might give you a headache trying to work out how a letter had disappeared !

Re "the speech", I doubt she's actually going to reveal very much ... just focus on the suspicious offload by Choi, the atrocious decision by Au Yeung, the (previous) failings of the EFL, the behaviour and actions of the Admins (maybe) and the general craziness of what's happened.

I doubt anything will change as a result, but do we really expect it to?

Intentional my arse! I actually thought of correcting it for you, but thought it might give you a headache trying to work out how a letter had disappeared !

Re "the speech", I doubt she's actually going to reveal very much ... just focus on the suspicious offload by Choi, the atrocious decision by Au Yeung, the (previous) failings of the EFL, the behaviour and actions of the Admins (maybe) and the general craziness of what's happened?

TBF I believe that would satisfy the majority.
What she should be pressing for is a commitment amd rule change from the EFL that all current and future potential owners of any League club be subject to the same level of scrutiny and rigourous checks that she insisted on for us.
This to be underpinned by a legal requirement to do so - it could be called tics law !

Nandy should come clean and tell us all she knows and stop the cryptic clues, what harm could it do now? The deal is done and dusted.

She could also tell us why she asked for the extra checks to be made on the Bahraini's, no don't bother with that one we all know the answer to that!

Edit....Except for the gullible on this site!

Extra checks, I think being in her position she had every right to some reassurance. Could you imagine the scandal in the press if later it came out that there were serious human rights issues.

Extra checks, I think being in her position she had every right to some reassurance. Could you imagine the scandal in the press if later it came out that there were serious human rights issues.
And in doing so placed the takeover at potential risk.
No problem with these checks being made for all but that's not been the case here.
Can you imagine if the deal had not gone through due to the failure of an unrequired test insisted on by the local MP ?
Who would have been happy then - only Lisa and Pollard probably 🤔

Has lisa Nandy come out and congratulated new owners on takeover or have I missed it

No problem with these checks being made for all but that's not been the case here.
Can you imagine if the deal had not gone through due to the failure of an unrequired test insisted on by the local MP ?
That's the problem some of us think she tried her best to find some sort of dirt on the Bahrain group
It worked with the Spanish but she was done by the Bahrain group nothing to find
Now I know some love Lisa to bits and it's fine by me
But I will always think her and Pollard wanted plan b

Yes but the takeover wasn't down to her. Not one little bit. It was business between Bregbies and our new owner. Could her reassurances have scuppered the takeover? Who knows? Agree she didn't seem to show much support for any other owners but Local owners. Alas like Bregbies she probably won't show much more interest in Latics.

Yes but the takeover wasn't down to her. Not one little bit. It was business between Bregbies and our new owner. Could her reassurances have scuppered the takeover? Who knows? Agree she didn't seem to show much support for any otherowners but Local owners. Alas like Bregbies she probably won't show much more interest in Latics.
Fine by me - once she has completed her promised parliamentary privilage tell all statement 😁

Brilliant.

Hampton, you're a liar, a thief, a fraudster, a paedophile, and a murderer.

Now prove that you aren't..

FFS !
Think your being a little unbalanced in your approach here Moonay
Can't have it one way and not the other.
Anyrode sure Lisas statement will clear it all up one way or the other 😁