Cheltenham Match Thread | Page 5 | Vital Football

Cheltenham Match Thread

Lack of leadership on the pitch as well as quality

The quality imo is there Pete. The instructions from the man with all the certificates, but no practical use for them, is what is making us look so devoid of quality.

I've seen good coaches, or should I say motivators or man managers, turn a team around by instilling belief, confidence and hunger. Critchley is not that man.

I'd like to see Sadler sell up and go. If he claims to be a fan since he was (some random age) and has the best interests of the club at heart, blah, blah! Then walk away with some dignity sooner, rather than later. He's obviously very good at managing hedge funds, but terrible at running a football club.

When the inevitable happens, our play off push is finished and our hopes of reaching Wembley via the Pisspot Cup are consigned to failure, then we shall have a 3 month time of reflection and pain before the 2024/2025 season starts.
I agree, he obviously has no idea how to run a football club. This cut him some slack because he's a Blackpool lad does'nt wash with me. Totally out of his depth. Made too many bad decisions because he knows fa about football and instead, dependent on the men in suits. Thanks for giving it a go Simon, but best to sell up so we can progress.

The quality imo is there Pete. The instructions from the man with all the certificates, but no practical use for them, is what is making us look so devoid of quality.

I've seen good coaches, or should I say motivators or man managers, turn a team around by instilling belief, confidence and hunger. Critchley is not that man.
He couldn't motivate a Labrador.

Still be happy with 7,8,9th this season Luke? Still be looking forward to next season Luke?
I'll take that this year after the shift show last season.
There's no God given right to walk this, or any league and we have to accept that.

I think we are being delusional if we think that if we get promoted then we are ready for the Championship.
Sheffield Wed had 90 odd pts in this league last season, look at them as a yardstick.
For every Ipswich there's a dozen Wendies, Rotherhams etc.
The East stand now being talked to a capacity of 3600.
That stand as it is now did have the capability to hold 10000.
We've got to cut our cloth.
For 29yrs we could only dream about being top 10 in this league, we've been spoilt with Wembley, Millennium Stadium appearances over the last 20yrs.
Critchley leaving when he did set us back, as a minimum 3yrs, for me next season is the yardstick where I'll judge our immediate future.
For the remainder if this year its a case of what ifs for me. The away forms been appalling. The lack of a plan B needs addressing, if Rhodes goes we need a new striker. There'll be a lot of shote and some half decent performances between now and then, a trip to Wembley would be a bonus and for me that should now be our aim for this season.

I'll take that this year after the shift show last season.
There's no God given right to walk this, or any league and we have to accept that.

I think we are being delusional if we think that if we get promoted then we are ready for the Championship.
Sheffield Wed had 90 odd pts in this league last season, look at them as a yardstick.
For every Ipswich there's a dozen Wendies, Rotherhams etc.
The East stand now being talked to a capacity of 3600.
That stand as it is now did have the capability to hold 10000.
We've got to cut our cloth.
For 29yrs we could only dream about being top 10 in this league, we've been spoilt with Wembley, Millennium Stadium appearances over the last 20yrs.
Critchley leaving when he did set us back, as a minimum 3yrs, for me next season is the yardstick where I'll judge our immediate future.
For the remainder if this year its a case of what ifs for me. The away forms been appalling. The lack of a plan B needs addressing, if Rhodes goes we need a new striker. There'll be a lot of shote and some half decent performances between now and then, a trip to Wembley would be a bonus and for me that should now be our aim for this season.
Well Sex, you may have faith in Critchley, but I have none. Flogging a dead horse comes to mind.

Still be happy with 7,8,9th this season Luke? Still be looking forward to next season Luke?

Carry on playing like we do away from home and we won’t finish 7/8/9th nodrogaty.

Never said I was looking forward to next season either, I said promotion has to be the aim nodrogaty.

Well Sex, you may have faith in Critchley, but I have none. Flogging a dead horse comes to mind.
I never said that Noddy😁
I do believe he would benefit from a better backroom team.
Bowyer as a no2 and Dobbie Thommo as a no3.
Bowyer particularly has seen a lot of us and I like his analysis.

I never said that Noddy😁
I do believe he would benefit from a better backroom team.
Bowyer as a no2 and Dobbie Thommo as a no3.
Bowyer particularly has seen a lot of us and I like his analysis.
I only said "may" Sex, but why he should be in prime place and the others at 2 and 3 baffles me, he's an inept arsehead. I'd take Bowyer, Dobbie or Thommo over him. I would prefer it if he disappeared completely tbh.

I just can't see it Noddy.
Think he is here for the duration.
It needs someone to "help" him with tactics for starters.

Team of giants at home fighting for their lives - 4 4 2.
Marv + Casey in the middle.
Corners v us. What use are Hamilton ( Debbie does Dallas headed it better) and Dembele on each touchline on the halfway line.
That means at least 3 of their team out of our box.
God knows why we don't do it.
We are niave when it comes to throw ins. Every team steals 10yds. With their long throws it was like a corner.
2 scrappy goals through masses of players. Let's get this box less crowded.

Finally, for all his detractors I actually think we missed Norburn last night.

I only said "may" Sex, but why he should be in prime place and the others at 2 and 3 baffles me, he's an inept arsehead. I'd take Bowyer, Dobbie or Thommo over him. I would prefer it if he disappeared completely tbh.
Arsehead!🤣🤣🤣🤣

One thing is certain. Supporter numbers are going to drop rapidly both at home and away if they have to continue watching this dross. Now only 14 league games left of the season. Will things change for next season? I very much doubt it. Just more of the same unless we have a change of Manager and Coaching staff.

One thing is certain. Supporter numbers are going to drop rapidly both at home and away if they have to continue watching this dross. Now only 14 league games left of the season. Will things change for next season? I very much doubt it. Just more of the same unless we have a change of Manager and Coaching staff.
Well Aus, I won't be buying into Sadlers human farming any more thats for sure.