Chelsea v Tottenham Carabou Cup 2nd leg | Page 16 | Vital Football

Chelsea v Tottenham Carabou Cup 2nd leg

Lined up our strongest (remaining) lineup (in a weird formation) and still lost. So we are out and we added fatigue to the beaten squad.

Double whammy.

Poch's decision making and lack of success in big cup games aren't improving. Anybody still concerned that ManU or RM will snap up our manager?

I don't, in fact I've said it a thousand times - we don't have the 'depth' Which is why Poch has got them and had them over-performing, and now you finally agree with me....:grinning::tophat:

If we don't have the depth, why do we insist on going all out on all cups? This decision is what got our squad hammered to begin with.

Also, we are far from over performing. We are where we should be, perhaps in a worse place.

Overall we did not deserve to go through and I thought we did far better than my expectations....a semi defeat on penalties with a depleted squad and not enough depth is a sign that we are not as shite as some are saying on here.

Slightly disappointed personally that we did not get through in normal time on our second half showing Lorente and Moura could have won it for us if they had more confidence.

As someone else said how would Chelski have faired without hazzard and Kante for example!

Move on get over it....play a mix of youngsters and whats left of our experienced players who are not injured or carrying injuores and expect to go out. Maybe we surprise them but if not, what a great experience fot the up and coming potentials.

Sissokko came off carrying what looks like the same injury from Manure game so he was patched up for this one and that's purely because of our lack of depth.

Get em all fit for league and CL ....

With out Hazard and Kante they would have Kovacic and Willian

With out Hazard and Kante they would have Kovacic and Willian

Oh give over! Willian and Kovacic are nowhere near Hazard and Kante. Hazard has 10 goals and 10 assists this season, Willian has 3 and 3. Kante is one of the best DMs in Europe who has started to look just as good in a Box to Box role.

And something else nobody is saying, if these semi-final games had been last season, we'd be in the final.

Oh give over! Willian and Kovacic are nowhere near Hazard and Kante. Hazard has 10 goals and 10 assists this season, Willian has 3 and 3. Kante is one of the best DMs in Europe who has started to look just as good in a Box to Box role.

The gap between those two is still much close that Lamela/Llorente and Kane and Alli

Willian was Chelsea player of the year a couple of seasons running and Kovacic helped Croatia to a world cup final in the summer.

AND if the linesman and ref had done their jobs properly last night, Lamela would have had a 1 on 1 with Kepa. We were our own worst enemies last night but it wasn't as clear cut as 'we played bad and Chelsea played good'.

With so many absentees Poch had to rush Sissoko back too soon .No wonder his hamstring went.It's easy for us to criticise the manager for not playing Skippy,Sterling ,N'Koudou etc ,but he's between a rock & a hard place. We moan because he doesn't win trophies ,we moan because he doesn't play youngsters,we moan because he doesn't bring in expensive transfers. Perhaps we should all stop moaning & face reality ; our club has more debt than the Greek economy & Poch is the only reason we are in the top 4 & challenging in all cup competitions.Be careful for what you wish for Vital Spurs posters.

The gap between those two is still much close that Lamela/Llorente and Kane and Alli

Willian was Chelsea player of the year a couple of seasons running and Kovacic helped Croatia to a world cup final in the summer.

Two details that are totally irrelevant NOW though. And does it show how well we did last night when you consider that Llorente is 3rd choice striker behind Kane and Son, Lamela is definitely behind Son, Dele, Eriksen and maybe even Lucas nowadays and Willian/Kovacic are actually regular first choicers.

My main point is, Willian and Kovacic are not adequate replacements for Hazard and Kante. No way. Chelsea would badly feel the lack of Hazard or Kante.

Two details that are totally irrelevant NOW though. And does it show how well we did last night when you consider that Llorente is 3rd choice striker behind Kane and Son, Lamela is definitely behind Son, Dele, Eriksen and maybe even Lucas nowadays and Willian/Kovacic are actually regular first choicers.

My main point is, Willian and Kovacic are not adequate replacements for Hazard and Kante. No way. Chelsea would badly feel the lack of Hazard or Kante.

They are more than Adequate replacements for those two, you are proving my point by saying the are first teamers as they are trusted to play.

Maybe when we start to play from the first minute instead of the 30th or 46th, we will take that next step. Also I would love to know why poch thought Davies would be a better bet than rose in this game, well any game really.

And why if he plays llorente we seem unable to give him some service which plays to his (limited) strengths.

They are more than Adequate replacements for those two, you are proving my point by saying the are first teamers as they are trusted to play.

I think you're missing my point when I say our usual, immediate back-up for Kane and Dele are also unavailable or having to be used in a different position.

The best way to highlight my point is by saying Kane is first choice, but its ok if he gets injured because we have Son that can step in. But we both know that even though Son is a top class player, he still would not fill the void left by Kane because Kane is world class. It's the same with Hazard/Willian. Chelsea without Hazard would be like us without Kane.

And I called it before.
Trying to hit on the break with the slowcoaches Llorente and Lamela was farcical.

I don't mind Lamela being in the mix on a team set up to counter...but Llorente is dumb tactically for that. Put someone up top with pace so we can break fast.

I am simply astounded with how tactically inept MP is. There better be some serious shit we are not seeing to absolve him of how criminal some of these decisions are...and I am sure there are to an extent...but damn...

Despite the overall picture being riddled with injury stories I think we fought with pride. I wouldn’t have taken Llorente off but Lucas did get an excellent chance.

Losing on penalties is never fun. But we didn’t have the shooters available for that eventuality.

Next.

Lamela is way more suited to a deeper role, behind the front line. That is where he has been good for us this season, before he got injured. If he can come deep and collect the ball in a bit of space he tends to make things happen. He's way more creative than people give him credit for and I will never and have never questioned his commitment to the team.

Despite the overall picture being riddled with injury stories I think we fought with pride. I wouldn’t have taken Llorente off but Lucas did get an excellent chance.

Losing on penalties is never fun. But we didn’t have the shooters available for that eventuality.

Next.
Same here, I would have taken Lamela, who I thought was pretty poor most of the time, off for Lucas instead