Chelsea v Tottenham Carabou Cup 2nd leg | Page 14 | Vital Football

Chelsea v Tottenham Carabou Cup 2nd leg

NRD, IMO you are missing the key point that others are trying to make. We only really have a squad of 16 players and there are cert starters even when half fit. All because either we can't coach the others up to the required level or we've failed to recruit adequate replacements. Burnout/fatigue will increase chances of injuries.

The fringe players are not getting enough game time because of the above and are now being thrown in at the deep end, with very high expectations, especially at his vital stage of the season.

Poor squad management imo.

People over rate our squad players massively.

Apart for 20 minutes tonight how shit was lamela?

He’s starting the next few games

Llorente - don’t let the goal disguise how poor he was - again starting games till Son is back.

Moura - just back from injury.

As Poch has already said Kiny, he doesn't have to win trophies here.

Only at spurs hey. I laugh these days. 10 years ago I would have smashed the house or pub up. Can't be arsed these days.

You just know what will happen. With our strongest team we would have still lost.

TODAREISTODON'T should be our new moto on the new stadium. Lets get the FA Cup over with then we know 100% it's another season over with.

I called it before

He has the easiest job in football - top 4 and he is over achiceving Despite the squad

5th/6th well what did you expect

No pressure to win a trophy, even get to a final.

People keep saying we would have won with first team, as you say we wouldn’t, another semi and another fuck up by the manager this time in the first leg.

Playing it around the back instead of using our forwards taht destroyed them a few weeks before - forward/back/sideways etc

Only at spurs hey. I laugh these days. 10 years ago I would have smashed the house or pub up. Can't be arsed these days.

You just know what will happen. With our strongest team we would have still lost.

TODAREISTODON'T should be our new moto on the new stadium. Lets get the FA Cup over with then we know 100% it's another season over with.

:clap::clap::clap:

Exactly how I feel, I just know it's going to happen so I don't think it hurts as much, of course it still hurts and I'll still be fuming tomorrow but I just have no expectation anymore.

Lets be honest if we did beat them tonight we would have got absolutely murdered in the final

I called it before

He has the easiest job in football - top 4 and he is over achiceving Despite the squad

People keep saying we would have won with first team, as you say we wouldn’t, another semi and another fuck up by the manager this time in the first league.

Playing it around the back instead of using our forwards taht destroyed them a few weeks before - forward/back/sideways etc

Always an excuse with most spurs fans. Give it another 5 years and they will still say the same tripe.

Two woeful pens there.

We didn’t deserve to go through.

As soon as it went to pens we were always gunna bottle it.
Think we did deserve to go through Kiny,no one gave us a chance yet we got them to Penos,missing the heart of our attacking team,yet we nearly had another great Escape. They know they are poxed to be in a Final they are a Shambles, very proud of the lads tonight,they proved me wrong,not the result,the performance.

Think we did deserve to go through Kiny,no one gave us a chance yet we got them to Penos,missing the heart of our attacking team,yet we nearly had another great Escape. They know they are poxed to be in a Final they are a Shambles, very proud of the lads tonight,they proved me wrong,not the result,the performance.

We got battered over two legs, they were much the better team.

I agree.
But its a failing of the manager that this squad/team was put out this evening.
FFS - he played four at the back for pretty much the first time this season. In a semi final. Against Chelsea.
He has no plan B as he hasnt got the players for a plan B. and thats down to the coaching staff.

I called it before

People keep saying we would have won with first team, as you say we wouldn’t, another semi and another fuck up by the manager this time in the first leg.

Yes we have had enough I think he should go he has taken us as far as possible

don, I'd feel the same way if I were Eriksen, seeing the dross he's having to play along side and club's ambitions do not match your own.
Eriksen is hardly a saint. He has his patches and usually start the first 10 games or so of each season poorly. Then some rebound in form and then on and off poor. He has been pretty average for past 5 games or so despite the assist at Fulham.

For Levy, TO DARE IS TO DO NOTHING for the football part. But he is doing very well as investor by building assets. But he didnt realize, if team plays shit, there will b nobody in that spanking new stadium.

It does show how much has changed in recent seasons when we have a team, as injury hit and in a real bad patch of form as us, that the supposed big London club Chelsea still struggle to beat.

I'm not really bothered by the loss though.

People over rate our squad players massively.

Apart for 20 minutes tonight how shit was lamela?

He’s starting the next few games

Llorente - don’t let the goal disguise how poor he was - again starting games till Son is back.

Moura - just back from injury.
I had massive hope that Lamela would b our Hazard when he was in blistering form at start of season. But he has reverted to type

I had massive hope that Lamela would b our Hazard when he was in blistering form at start of season. But he has reverted to type

He doesn't look fit again to me. He's a lot like Rose in that he picks up injuries quite often and then takes ages to get back to match fitness and recapture form.

Ultimately, it went to penalties and we lost. We were no better and no worse than Chelsea over 90 mins. They just slotted their penalties. Do I read too much into that? Not at all. Lesson in life = you lose 50:50's.

Ultimately, this game explains where we are as a club. The superstars of Chelsea had the ascendency in the first half with their natural attributes as an expensively assembled team. Deep into the second half, those superstars were hanging on for dear life as our organisation, fight and spirit took over.

I would have made us favourites given 30 mins of extra time. That wasn't the case. It was down to penalties and we came up short.

My MoM....Danny Rose by a country mile. If a guy like Llorente had been born with those minerals we would have won tonight.

Let's batter Palace on Sunday.

Sissoko's been on the verge of breaking for the last 4 games, so that's not too much a surprise.

First half was pretty pathetic, but kinda felt the calling of 9 fouls on us to 2 on them was not doing us any favors.

Aurier/Sissoko right side is not a good thing to ever do on purpose. Proven over and again.

I would seriously consider playing Danny Rose as a Left Forward attacker until our injury troubles lessen. Play a more traditional back 4 and put Vert at LB. Vert-Snchz-Toby-Tripp

Llorente was not a good choice for this match, I said it beforehand, everybody knew it. He didn't bounce back from his shitshow last time out, he sux.

I rather like the look of Angry Harry Winks. Saw some passion on his face & in his game.

Passing the ball from atacking 30 yds in front of their net, back to our Goalie and inviting pressure in our defending third against any team is risky, against a team like that, well it's just plain stoopid. I get it, and some of the over-the-tops were pretty spectacular, but if THAT is how you conspire to win a cup semi-final? Then you're thick.

Didn't deserve to win.

Based upon the opponents display, he we had Kane/Dele/Son available to play, we would have won this easily.

COYS!

Sissoko's been on the verge of breaking for the last 4 games, so that's not too much a surprise.

First half was pretty pathetic, but kinda felt the calling of 9 fouls on us to 2 on them was not doing us any favors.

Aurier/Sissoko right side is not a good thing to ever do on purpose. Proven over and again.

I would seriously consider playing Danny Rose as a Left Forward attacker until our injury troubles lessen. Play a more traditional back 4 and put Vert at LB. Vert-Snchz-Toby-Tripp

Llorente was not a good choice for this match, I said it beforehand, everybody knew it. He didn't bounce back from his shitshow last time out, he sux.

I rather like the look of Angry Harry Winks. Saw some passion on his face & in his game.

Passing the ball from atacking 30 yds in front of their net, back to our Goalie and inviting pressure in our defending third against any team is risky, against a team like that, well it's just plain stoopid. I get it, and some of the over-the-tops were pretty spectacular, but if THAT is how you conspire to win a cup semi-final? Then you're thick.

Didn't deserve to win.

Based upon the opponents display, he we had Kane/Dele/Son available to play, we would have won this easily.

COYS!

I dare not say that with Kane and Son we would hv won easily. Look at first leg, we effectively did nothing after Kane scored his penalty. But we defended well and helped by their untidy possessions and crosses.
But today, we cant defend and gave 2 early goals.

I dare not say that with Kane and Son we would hv won easily. Look at first leg, we effectively did nothing after Kane scored his penalty. But we defended well and helped by their untidy possessions and crosses.
But today, we cant defend and gave 2 early goals.

I was only referring to how Chelski came out and played today, they dominated because we allowed them to, the other 3 in the side wouldn't have.

If we were more powerful commanding the attacking half, our defense wouldn't have had as much to do.

Pretty sure we had exactly 0 shots on goal in the first half.