Chat with the Chairman | Vital Football

Chat with the Chairman

To be fair, he only mentioned the ship sailing on about 5 occasions.

Unfortunately it does sound like he's fallen out with more people (no details).

Brilliant, the Chairman says it's gonna be a regular weekly feature and has been man enough to hold his hands up and admit communications may have been poor in the past, fair play to Scally.

Good idea and much more upbeat and positive than some of the "message to supporters" essays we've had previously. Hope it continues 👍🏻

Brilliant, the Chairman says it's gonna be a regular weekly feature and has been man enough to hold his hands up and admit communications may have been poor in the past, fair play to Scally.
He's a quick frakking learner then - he's done nothing else but for almost the past quarter of a century - keeping schtumm, oh yes, also not getting the tax forms completed and sent in on time.

Never mind, still glad he's here, at least we still have a team - albeit a bit depleted.

Good idea and much more upbeat and positive than some of the "message to supporters" essays we've had previously. Hope it continues 👍🏻
You're wrong there Bromley. You must slag him off whatever he does.
:-)

He seeems to be getting more reflective with age. Nothing earth shattering probably not much we didn't know but he apologises for the lack of communication and is making the right noises for the future.

Two things struck me. He didn't expect and wasn't planning for unrestricted admission in August. He was clearly unsettled by the events at Wembley, acknowledged their seriousness and said all the right things. Well done on that Mr Chairman.

Last edited:
Thanks to Lark for the link - very interesting.

A constructive move forward by PS to be speaking to the fans on a weekly basis. Whether the feature will continue as a "live" broadcast remains to be seen - he might actually tell us something he could later regret ! Personally, I really enjoyed and appreciated the "chat".

IMO, it`s the right way to go and I appreciate very much having the benefit of PS`s GFC update - especially as an exile. PS indicated that the weekly session should be called "Chairman`s Chat" , maybe it should be shipped out as "Captains Log" .

Well done PS and GFC - looking forward to next week`s installment already .

Thanks to Lark for the link - very interesting.

A constructive move forward by PS to be speaking to the fans on a weekly basis. Whether the feature will continue as a "live" broadcast remains to be seen - he might actually tell us something he could later regret ! Personally, I really enjoyed and appreciated the "chat".

IMO, it`s the right way to go and I appreciate very much having the benefit of PS`s GFC update - especially as an exile. PS indicated that the weekly session should be called "Chairman`s Chat" , maybe it should be shipped out as "Captains Log" .

Well done PS and GFC - looking forward to next week`s installment already .

I do a captain's log but its daily.

A big downside of the Club's Covid issues and cancelled friendlies is SE cannot "audition" possible signings/trialists.

A big downside of the Club's Covid issues and cancelled friendlies is SE cannot "audition" possible signings/trialists.
Exactly what was going through my mind Phil.
It would have been a good opportunity to check out some potential signings.
It looks like we will be going into the Lincoln game with virtually no preseason.