Chat with the Chairman | Page 3 | Vital Football

Chat with the Chairman

It would be nice if somebody at the club would answer the phone. I just keep getting cut off.

It would be nice if somebody at the club would answer the phone. I just keep getting cut off.
Going by Scally’s interview there’s still very limited staff, wouldn’t be surprised if there was no more than 2/3 people on the phones dealing with the ticket enquiries.
Today they were going through the backlog of emails sent over the weekend when presumably it was shut.
The whole setup seems a bit tinpot and not fitting of a League 1 club, it’s run more like a non league outfit at times, but Covid has meant we’ve had to restrict all outgoings possible which means there’s only a skeleton staff in operation.

Good to hear from Scally and good that he makes some admissions that he could have done more and been better on the communication front. One notable ommission and absence from his interview was I believe he didn't once mention anything about a new stadium. Given that he spoke a lot about ground improvements, has this idea been scrapped/parked?

I think mentioning a new stadium would be a terrible message when merely surviving as a club during peak Coronavirus was questionable.

Going by Scally’s interview there’s still very limited staff, wouldn’t be surprised if there was no more than 2/3 people on the phones dealing with the ticket enquiries.
Today they were going through the backlog of emails sent over the weekend when presumably it was shut.
The whole setup seems a bit tinpot and not fitting of a League 1 club, it’s run more like a non league outfit at times, but Covid has meant we’ve had to restrict all outgoings possible which means there’s only a skeleton staff in operation.

I will admit, in the week they announce prices and put s/t’s on sale, I thought there would be extra staff in to cope. Including manning the computers over a weekend. Surely someone could just log in and see “ wow there’s a thousand emails wanting to give us money! Best get on to it”.

For the past year, the company I work for has had to often furlough some employees, and otherwise ask staff to take annual leave or other things when it’s very quiet due to Covid outbreaks and lockdowns etc. But as soon as it’s busy it’s been everyone in the office and full on. It doesn’t seem too hard to get staff working when there’s work to do.

I will admit, in the week they announce prices and put s/t’s on sale, I thought there would be extra staff in to cope. Including manning the computers over a weekend. Surely someone could just log in and see “ wow there’s a thousand emails wanting to give us money! Best get on to it”.

Fair comment, OSK. One assumes that GFC would need a few extra staff on-site. Though, to be fair to PS, the providers of the new system (secutix) say of their service:

"Simplify season tickets purchase and fulfilment by moving it online and relieving ticket operators from endless phone calls and paperwork. Allow season ticket holders to independently change their seats, add additional seats and quickly complete transactions online."

Bound to be teething problems. But, as Andrew Neil would say - it`s had a rocky start.... ..

For the past year, the company I work for has had to often furlough some employees, and otherwise ask staff to take annual leave or other things when it’s very quiet due to Covid outbreaks and lockdowns etc. But as soon as it’s busy it’s been everyone in the office and full on. It doesn’t seem too hard to get staff working when there’s work to do.

I'm afraid the old days when they could ask for volunteers to come down to shovel the texts and give the computers a fresh coat of paint are long gone.

I'm afraid the old days when they could ask for volunteers to come down to shovel the texts and give the computers a fresh coat of paint are long gone.

Blast from the past.

I remember skiving off work back in the day to help shovel snow off the terraces and allow the WBA cup game to go ahead.

Had to make sure my mug wasn’t shown on the telly when some reporters came round asking for some footage to show.

Oh how we laughed when we were rewarded for our efforts by a 90th min winner for West Brom 😕

Not being pedantic... But isn't Scslly supposed to be isolating like the players and staff are? Is it a good idea that if he does carry the virus to be visiting an 89 year old at his home..?

Not being pedantic... But isn't Scslly supposed to be isolating like the players and staff are? Is it a good idea that if he does carry the virus to be visiting an 89 year old at his home..?

Didn’t their isolation period end last Monday? They were all back in training I thought.