Chancellor and Health Secretary (n/g) | Page 3 | Vital Football

Chancellor and Health Secretary (n/g)

Maybe hold the celebrations until Johnson actually fucks off, hey 58?
Every day he stays in power the country goes more to pot.But every day he stays in power the Tories lose more support. So he is hoping he stays in number ten till autumn. He can't do much more damage to the country during recess.But he can lose tens of thousands more Tory voters.
Some will return but many won't unless there is a massive purge of people like this Pincher bloke. .The investigations will drag on for years by the sounds of it while other parties might have the odd skeleton in the cupboard. The Tories sound like the will need a room the size of the cabinet office to squeeze all there skeletons in.

Last edited:
I am a bit worried about the speech due next week.

It is rumoured that Bozza is going to try to bribe the populace with tax cuts at a time when all public services, and particularly the NHS, are in crisis.

It was only recently that National Insurance was raised and even that was criticised, particularly by Labour, despite that money being supposedly earmarked for Social Care.

Meanwhile, paramedics are held for hours at hospitals while they try to find spare beds for those that need them. That delay is caused by patients that could go home but are unable to because there is no social care package available. How long has that issue remained unfixed?

Just don't get old or sick.

I am a bit worried about the speech due next week.

It is rumoured that Bozza is going to try to bribe the populace with tax cuts at a time when all public services, and particularly the NHS, are in crisis.

It was only recently that National Insurance was raised and even that was criticised, particularly by Labour, despite that money being supposedly earmarked for Social Care.

Meanwhile, paramedics are held for hours at hospitals while they try to find spare beds for those that need them. That delay is caused by patients that could go home but are unable to because there is no social care package available. How long has that issue remained unfixed?

Just don't get old or sick.
"Just don't get old or sick."

Shit, too late 😪

A very bruising PMQ’s with three of his own MP’s telling Mr Johnson to go, a couple of good lines from the opposition and then the resignation statement from Mr Javid. The benches behind were not full of support for him either.

I’ve just been reading, and hadn’t previously noticed, that the fixed term parliament act was scrapped by Boris and co back in March. Wouldn’t surprise me much if he felt backed in to a corner he’d call a snap election as a final act of sabotage to the Tory party, rather than resign.

My MP Jo Churchill has resigned as environmental minister.Now 18 have resigned the maths does not add up in favour of the Prime Minister if they had another vote.I have no doubt moves will happen this is totally unprecedented in modern times.Boris still insisting he is going to carry on.As he has a large majority. If they can't change the rules intime for the summer break I wonder if they will be willing in enough numbers to deliver a defeat in Parliament?

My MP Jo Churchill has resigned as environmental minister.Now 18 have resigned the maths does not add up in favour of the Prime Minister if they had another vote.I have no doubt moves will happen this is totally unprecedented in modern times.Boris still insisting he is going to carry on.As he has a large majority. If they can't change the rules intime for the summer break I wonder if they will be willing in enough numbers to deliver a defeat in Parliament?

It’s closer to 30 resignations now. Gove and the chief whip have told the prime minister to resign. His time is up it’s just a matter of when.

I’ve just received an email from my local MP saying that she has resigned her position as Private Parliamentary Secretary to the Treasury.
I know her personally and emailed her before the vote of confidence, saying that she is a woman of high local standing and integrity and should distance herself from the lying charlatan.
Obviously did the trick.
I am assuming that she voted no confidence or certainly has now.
Hopefully she’ll be at the beach clean on Sunday morning and we can chat.
Johnson will eventually be dragged out kicking and screaming with his finger nails scraping down Downing Street.

I thought he survived QT more or less unscathed. I'd have no problem with his deflection approach if he actually had a substantial record to boast about. He is absolutely right regarding what most people do and do not care about. Sadly, he has no such record and is forced to spend his time fending off problems largely of his own creation. I thought Starmer did ok. He has to strike a balance between throwing red meat to the faithful and not alienating the people who want things to work more than their side to win. Treating Johnson as yesterday's news and saying the real issue now was the Tories having the courage to do the right thing was rhetorically clever, although that's the last thing Labour actually wants right now.

I’ve just been reading, and hadn’t previously noticed, that the fixed term parliament act was scrapped by Boris and co back in March. Wouldn’t surprise me much if he felt backed in to a corner he’d call a snap election as a final act of sabotage to the Tory party, rather than resign.

I honestly can't see this happening. The 1922 committee are apparently vigorously working to change their rules so they can have another no confidence vote oust him if he doesn't resign.

I honestly can't see this happening. The 1922 committee are apparently vigorously working to change their rules so they can have another no confidence vote oust him if he doesn't resign.

No I don’t think it’s likely either, but it wouldn’t surprise me.

Bojo has wanted this job (for some reason) since he was a little scunthorpe at Eton, he's never going to resign, and he's never going to go for an election when he knows he'll lose.

He'll hang on as long as possible, it's up to the party (ffs) to oust him.

How long will it take to dawn on individual tory MPs, party members and voters. that's all we are waiting for, for them to wake up. Johnson cannot be harmed any further and is already the worst PM in living memory. What he can do is damage his own party and the country further and that bothers him not one jot. It's a gruesome watch.

It’s closer to 30 resignations now. Gove and the chief whip have told the prime minister to resign. His time is up it’s just a matter of when.
Unfortunately the only reason Gove wants him gone is because he now imagines his own weasley, scrawny, untrustworthy arse in the job.

Unfortunately the only reason Gove wants him gone is because he now imagines his own weasley, scrawny, untrustworthy arse in the job.
I Suspect your right. Though he was the first to say Boris was not the right man to lead the Conservative Party.
Your description covers most MP's