Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Lose

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • Win on Penalties

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Lose on Penalties

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
How can u expect to win when playing against 15 - well, that's what it looked like.....

Leipzig is a damn good side; they make the pitch big, use the ball well, so it appears that they have fifteen; it will take much better than us to give them a game.

When the draw for the last sixteen was made, I thought that we were pretty fortunate to get Leipzig, and had a real chance. Wrong. They are a very good side, and we would have been unlikely to beat them over two legs with a much stronger line up. Evidently their manager used to be called the Baby Mourinho. Can't remember too many Mourinho teams playing with the flair that this team often showed against us.

Go easy now. We have a stadium and a platform to build on. Look at those dozy dildo sellers in the east end in council accommodation. Lets not slit our wrists just yet, eh?
In business terms, this means asset heavy and when revenue and profit, hence cashflow cannot meet this, then u have serious problem. Levy recently admitted that lack of funds from missing UCL will be a problem.
Look no further than Arse needing to keep selling players despite an almost uninterrupted run by Arsene in the UCL. Look no further than Leeds on how they bet all on UCL.
It is always silly to fully focus on stadium at the detriment of the squad. Any discerning pundit/supporter can see the start in decline about 3 years back when we lost Walker and Dembo started to slow and got injured often. That couple with Rose losing his head and Dier and Alli declining instead of improving started to eat into the team. Then we have the Eriksen situatiin dragging us through the mud...

When the draw for the last sixteen was made, I thought that we were pretty fortunate to get Leipzig, and had a real chance. Wrong. They are a very good side, and we would have been unlikely to beat them over two legs with a much stronger line up. Evidently their manager used to be called the Baby Mourinho. Can't remember too many Mourinho teams playing with the flair that this team often showed against us.
Bro,
It was the other way round, anyone who drew us would be lucky.

Sissoko, Davies, Bergwijn and Sanchez were also unavailable. That's 6 first team starters when added to Kane and Son. Plus the players who are trying to fill the void are running on empty. Moura, Loco and Alli have played too many minutes. Winks is buckling under the pressure. Lamela is brittle but surprised me with his energy tonight.

True.....but it's how we are playing that IMO is impacting results. Most of the players don't seem to have a first touch, are unable to even control prooerly, can't make short passes, ball watch rather than move into spaces, lack of appear to lack a footballing brain, whoever plays should be able to do the basics. Every team outplays us....Every team looks like a team, we look like we have just met up for a kickaround...

Get used to it guys. Normal service had resumed. We did not build when we were exciting, now we r going further and further down. Seen it coming 2 to 3 years back but Levy did nothing. Then we panic and bought useless buggers for insane amount.
I dont know about u guys, these whole saga was so slow, long and tortuous that i had gone through my 5 stages of grief already. I have reached acceptance. Yesterday, i crawled out of bed at an ungodly time of 4am but after 10 odd minutes was bombarded with 2 crap goals against us and i just quietly switched off the TV and went to sleep.
I used to be so filled with rage seeing such lack of desire and application and i wont be able to sleep. But i slept very soundly this morning. RIP Spurs and UCL. Welcome mid table mediocrity or worse, relegation scraps. Seen so many of those in closed to 40 years with Spurs.

Leipzig's opening goal: by the time their attacker crosses the ball we had four defenders in a line and they had five players in or around the penalty area. Not a single player tracking back until Winks belatedly arrives and by that time the damage was done. And it keeps happening, match after match. What on earth is taking place on the training ground or is that the players are not following the instructions? For a team that is generally set up defensively we are a shambles at the moment. And that's without taking in account the individual mistakes that keep being made.

Some good calls on Talk Sport last night. Levy and ENIC getting most of the blame.

It doesn't surprise me, and unquestionably they do share blame in a situation like this, but there are plenty of others who have a fair share too.

Anyway, as I expected the season is over. Roll on next year.

Leipzig's opening goal: by the time their attacker crosses the ball we had four defenders in a line and they had five players in or around the penalty area. Not a single player tracking back until Winks belatedly arrives and by that time the damage was done. And it keeps happening, match after match. What on earth is taking place on the training ground or is that the players are not following the instructions? For a team that is generally set up defensively we are a shambles at the moment. And that's without taking in account the individual mistakes that keep being made.

All confidence has been squeezed out of everyone by decisions leading up this point, when the confidence is gone, everything is gone.

You don't fix a sinking ship by getting a pretty new main sail. That is essentially what the Mourinho hire was. You get somebody who is going to plug the holes and steady the ship.

Mourinho has never been in this position before, and I dont mean with injuries. The rest of the squad is jaded and has zero confidence and I'm not sure Mourinho has any idea of how to fix these kinds of issues.

As much as I have sympathy and understanding towards the injury crisis, there are so many things I am seeing that set off alarm bells for me.

You don't fix a sinking ship by getting a pretty new main sail. That is essentially what the Mourinho hire was. You get somebody who is going to plug the holes and steady the ship.

Mourinho has never been in this position before, and I dont mean with injuries. The rest of the squad is jaded and has zero confidence and I'm not sure Mourinho has any idea of how to fix these kinds of issues.

As much as I have sympathy and understanding towards the injury crisis, there are so many things I am seeing that set off alarm bells for me.

I could go on almost forever for why what we've argued about with / over Jose has lead to this point, it didn't have to be that way, but it is what it is now and is exactly as I expected it to be, chances are we'll finish in the bottom half of the table now, and Jose can make himself look a hero as he changes it around next season.