Champions League 2022-23 | Page 2 | Vital Football

Champions League 2022-23

I'm worried about Europe this season, I've got a feeling we might struggle. Conte is known not to be great in Europe.
I'm just looking forward to six Champions League nights whoever we play. We - the fans, the players, the manager, the club - put so much into qualifying last season that we may as well enjoy it now we're here.

I'm just looking forward to six Champions League nights whoever we play. We - the fans, the players, the manager, the club - put so much into qualifying last season that we may as well enjoy it now we're here.

Yep agree, I am buzzing for this seasons CL because we've been out of it for 2 seasons. (feels like about 5 lol)
God knows how the poor gooners must feel.

We really do need to be getting out of the groups at the very least, realistically we should be good enough for the quarters.

Without wishing to undermine the PL, which for me is the toughest competition in European football to win, there really isn't anything to match being able to watch our Club taking on the best in Europe in the CL. For those of us fortunate enough to be present at the wonderful European nights at the Lane in the early sixties, I'm sure that nobody would disagree that we experienced something really quite special, even the European Cup semi final defeat to Benfica, which provided us with life long memories.
A decent run in the CL under Redknapp by a very good Spurs team was high on entertainment, whilst the run thru to the CL final under Poch possibly rates as the Club's best achievement, albeit somewhat surreal at the time it being so unexpected.
I can't wait for this seasons CL to start, and really do believe that we will go deep into this tournament.

As some have already stated. Conte’s record in Europe isn’t fantastic.

With that said, he has a great chance to change that this season. The draw has been very kind.

Arrogance aside, we should expect to top the group. Travel wise, we don’t have horrendous distances to travel either which will help the following league games.

It's certainly a very good draw in terms of the calibre of the opposition compared to what it could have been. But there are plenty of potential banana skins too. And overconfidence is the last thing we can afford. Surely Conte will put paid to that.

Marseilles is one of the most intimidating grounds in European football. Eintracht have a vast following as well and play to big crowds.

Sporting Lisbon will require strong referees in both games. The antics we saw from Fernandes at the weekend is endemic in Portuguese football.

I can't wait.