chairman Chat - October | Page 7 | Vital Football

chairman Chat - October

Why do we have to "trust that PS is telling the truth that the offers are not credible"...
("Credible" sounds like opinion.)
..any more than we should trust the second hand car salesmen who implies that the car has been driven only by a vicar...
..or the Estate Agent who insists that "deceptively spacious" doesn't mean "rather small" ?

Instead of just saying "The offers weren't not high enough",
Scally feels the need to double down and impugn past enquirers.

Haven't we had enough of attacking the (in this case un-named) person instead of the argument ?

Make an amount public - why not ?
Either he can state the amount offered - or he can indicate an amount he would aspire to.
Either way, he can say the enquirer was "a long way off".
And then, referencing the Accounts we can take a view.

If he has had offers, why insult them ?
Or could it be that no-one has offered a penny, hence it is easier to traduce an un-named party.

Each to his own....:oops:
What isn’t credible is that anyone who was seriously interested in taking over the Gills and had the necessary funds but was rebuffed by Scally’s ‘unreasonable’ demands would keep quiet about it. It’s a non sequitur. The media silence is proof in itself of a lack of serious potential buyers.

He certainly seems totally obsessed with rubbishing the Gills and Scally in particular. He posts at all hours of the day I've noticed and rubbished the Gills for losing to Sunderland, when any serious Gills fan would know we played superbly and were incredibly unlucky to lose. Apparently I've been told he was at it again today, saying how poor we are as we could only beat bottom of the table Doncaster 1-0, he wasn't there of course as he hasn't been for four years, a true Gills fan! He's been trying to antagonise Scally even more by putting a caricature up of him (Scally) on a plane yesterday. Although I haven't looked on that site today myself and probably won't any more as I agree with OSK, I think that he might have some kind of illness, due to his obsessive extreme views.

When it comes to actually supporting Gills and celebrating wins, he has (had) a bog standard answer. He’s often accused of only being negative and just says -

“I never moan about a win”.

But he’s never actually celebrated a win. Never comments on games or talked about any football matters, players, tactics, great goals. Anything 🤷‍♂️

And it was pretty obvious on that forum, after any win or positive result he’d stay pretty silent except for posting non-match negative stuff.

Quite bizarre. Even more so when his inner sanctum all defend him saying “he’s a bigger Gills fan than any of you, he loves the club”.

Sounds rather “cult-leader-like” to me.

It’s all the more reason PS should just completely ignore him publicly. The bloke seems to revel in the notoriety and has his cult followers slathering at the mouth.

I actually noticed similar on the other Gills forum, Connect .
Even after a hard won victory Tuesday, not a word of praise, just Donny were rubbish etc.
Take a look.
Some of them may be the same people as the ones that regularly spout their rubbish on Kent online.

I actually noticed similar on the other Gills forum, Connect .
Even after a hard won victory Tuesday, not a word of praise, just Donny were rubbish etc.
Take a look.
Some of them may be the same people as the ones that regularly spout their rubbish on Kent online.

Wow. Just went there myself. Didn’t know that board was still running.

Best comment of a wonderful match thread -

“Worrying thing for me was that the players (who are poor anyway) aren’t really playing for the shirt or manager.”

If that was someone on this forum, I don’t think they’ve commented so far. From everything I’ve watched (and heard) of this current team, it contains a fair smattering of quality. But it is jam packed with players who definitely do play for the shirt and manager. Never any lack of effort and desire.

Wow. Just went there myself. Didn’t know that board was still running.

Best comment of a wonderful match thread -

“Worrying thing for me was that the players (who are poor anyway) aren’t really playing for the shirt or manager.”

If that was someone on this forum, I don’t think they’ve commented so far. From everything I’ve watched (and heard) of this current team, it contains a fair smattering of quality. But it is jam packed with players who definitely do play for the shirt and manager. Never any lack of effort and desire.

I also looked at Connect yesterday. What struck me is how they twist Scally’s messages.Take for example:

Scally: “Every potential investor, without exception, has asked that I remain at the club for a period of 5 years.”

GillsConnect: “Scally will never attract an investor if he is demanding to stay at the club for 5 years.”

It makes you wonder whether Scally is best off not communicating at all.

He would 100% be better off not saying anything. It seems funny that over all these years he keeps rising to the bait and responding to particularly this individual, but generally the “Scally-outers”.

Every time he comments, it makes them more vociferous and the situation worse.

Deal with them privately (if possible) and move on.

I also looked at Connect yesterday. What struck me is how they twist Scally’s messages.Take for example:

Scally: “Every potential investor, without exception, has asked that I remain at the club for a period of 5 years.”

GillsConnect: “Scally will never attract an investor if he is demanding to stay at the club for 5 years.”

i believe he should communicate very rarely.

As an exile I haven't been to a home game so I can't comment on the toxic atmosphere (though I can guess). But I'm getting very irritated by the Scally outers hijacking the club's Facebook posts for their own agenda. These people are obsessed and have nothing to say about what happens on the pitch.

As it seems unlikely that a rich Arab will buy the club I think the best plan is to approach Steve Bruce and get him to invest his £8 million and take over as coach when Mr Evans leaves at the end of the season.
I think this meets the criteria that only positive comments are allowed on this forum.

As it seems unlikely that a rich Arab will buy the club I think the best plan is to approach Steve Bruce and get him to invest his £8 million and take over as coach when Mr Evans leaves at the end of the season.
I think this meets the criteria that only positive comments are allowed on this forum.
More like only realistic comments are welcome on this forum. 😉

Comes from a song by one of my top ten bands, who disbanded in 1995!
Your World Customer, by The Fatima Mansions-

In the bright-lit railway station, 3 A.M.
in a town whose active life is at an end
I was met by a rich man dressed in a panda fur
who said, ";If I can keep smiling I can change the world.";
What world?

";Lord Straight Banana, Lord Paper Twine,
Lord Biting Yo-Yo, they're all friends of mine.
Lord Trannie Dolequeue, Lord Private Zoo,
Lord Hanging Bishop and Lord Valium, too.";

";I know you think you have a job
but the whole world knows it's ended.
Why do you laugh at the dying of the senile god
on whom your devilish life depended?";

Shop-soiled and broken
in a part not clearly seen
You'll have no Armegeddon, no more screams
Pleasant dreams...

CHORUS:
Your world, your world, your world customer
Your world, your world, your world, your world

I said, ";I'm sure your faith in what you cannot see
has made your slumbers sounder but it won't work for me.
I am sick of fresh starts, of the promises I've heard
from my lips and others of a brighter world.";

";Now I'm a punchdrunk sailor who cannot picture land,
an exhausted atom in a grain of sand.
They who can't be frozen like a teenage corpse
must be isolated and tied up in knots.";

Fake chrome and a lick of paint
and a change of name announced
by some menswear dummy turned messenger
of a master whose name he cannot pronounce
You feast on bargain-basement dregs
Get your self-delusions off the well-worn peg
No new hierarchy, female or male
No Santa, Elvis or Holy Grail

Shop-soiled and clueless, too indebted to inspect
what both feeds and defets you--no respect
I'm beaten, but I still reject
this world, just like a sentence
Without crime or guilt or sin
so give the panda back his skin
and give the berries back their gin--

Remember seeing them at reading festival. 1990 I think!

Just seen posts on the various Gills Facebook forums (by Dean Marchant?) asking for all fans that want Scally out to help their cause with funds.

Saying they have a lot of future ideas.

Tom was the laywer the club used in the centre plate (or whatever they are called, the catering firm!) course case.

He then took the job with us and then left to join Southend - his home town club.
Could his departure have coincided with the day-to-day issues we’ve faced?

What isn’t credible is that anyone who was seriously interested in taking over the Gills and had the necessary funds but was rebuffed by Scally’s ‘unreasonable’ demands would keep quiet about it. It’s a non sequitur. The media silence is proof in itself of a lack of serious potential buyers.

Would you not think an NDA would be in place at the earliest stage of communication ?

I'd insist on it.

Just seen posts on the various Gills Facebook forums (by Dean Marchant?) asking for all fans that want Scally out to help their cause with funds.

Saying they have a lot of future ideas.
Can only see those messages leading to more conflict. I am down for the Portsmouth and Cheltenham matches but it will be hard to justify travelling to games in the Rainham end if this continues. I will consider sitting elsewhere in future as I can see it getting very nasty .So yes for now the extra stewarding is almost certainly their to stay .The problem of course could develop to the point where fans from other clubs like Millwall and Charlton etc simply help fund trouble at Gillingham simply for the hell of it .There is no premiership fan I know from a previous work place who would definitely be up for helping to fund trouble at Gillingham.At present for perhaps understandable reasons there efforts appear to be more focused on the Medway Stand side of the Rainham End.i sit on the other side .Which is not ideal for the factory or indeed for a small number of vocals reaching the directors box area.So hopefully those on that side will not have to move or be faced first hand with these nutters.

Last edited:
Sunderland was my first match in two years. It was great to be back but I certainly didn't enjoy the experience anywhere near as much as I used to. Too many people far more bothered by shouting for 'Scally Out' rather than supporting the players on the pitch. Whatever the incident at the corner of the RE/ME stand was that kept distracting everyone from the game. A few boos at taking the knee (which I tried to explain to my partner, but gave up in despair).

Experience was saved a bit by the seemingly more positive folk sat around us. Including a guy sat right behind us with two young kids, one who was clearly at their first game. After the opening goal, I heard the youngest say "Dad I like football now, can we come again?"

I hope the former doesn't prevent too much of the latter happening. I ask myself, if I was going to my first match now rather than 20 years ago, would I want to come back?