CEO Keith Wyness Thread | Page 16 | Vital Football

CEO Keith Wyness Thread

"Aston Villa Football Club confirm that it has today agreed an out of court settlement with former CEO, Mr Keith Wyness, who had brought a claim against the Club, and its former owner Dr Tony Xia, following his departure in June 2018".

"The current directors of the Club, none of whom were at the Club at the time of this dispute, accept Mr Wyness’ assertion that during this period he was seeking to act in the best interests of the Club. We wish him well for the future".

Article....... https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2019/11/01/club-statement-avfc

Well that tells us what we need to know, xia was a chancer, I didn't think it but what an absolute shower of shit, after the shower of shit that saw us relegated. I thank JAH, vishnah, Buddha, Allah, jesus and so for the fact we have somehow come out of the last 10 years of car crash management to end up with the owners we now have.

He had his faults, but the way people turned on him in favour of the snake oil salesman was unbelievable.

We are incredibly lucky to have the owners and management we now have. Moaning about this or that player is ridiculous.

We are incredibly lucky to have the owners and management we now have. Moaning about this or that player is ridiculous.

It really isn't mate. It really, really isn't. It is football. Take the passion and opinions out of it, then we're lost.

For me, I like the look of these guys and what they have done so far, but I'm keeping my feet on the ground, Randy was perfect when he first came. All have an end game, I hope their end game matches ours, or at the very least, they give 110% trying.

Everything crossed.

Not sure what success is these days, in modern football, to compete with a club funded by a country looks a slightly big ask!

Another moment of action from our new owners that gives me cause for great hope and optimism. This situation/court case could have dragged our name through the gutter-press for a while. Instead, the new owners have acted decisively and once again put their money where their mouths are to reach a reasonable settlement and avoided all the negative crap from the media. They have done/are doing everything to not only move us forward, but also to clean up the pile of shite that they inherited from eight years of horrendous ownership and mis-management.
I'm sure there is a non-disclosure agreement tied to the settlement, so this will ensure that Mr Wyness can't sell his story (although to be fair to him, he could have been bleating to the press for the past twelve months but doesn't seem to have done that).

For me, I like the look of these guys and what they have done so far, but I'm keeping my feet on the ground, Randy was perfect when he first came. All have an end game, I hope their end game matches ours, or at the very least, they give 110% trying.

A few articles about Purslow have popped up recently which do serve as a reminder to be cautious but hopefully he has learned his lesson.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...w-paul-tyrrell-villains-anfield-a9180396.html

'Purslow did not have the same sense of reverence for Rafa Benitez. He became increasingly keen to get rid of the Champions League-winning manager. When he finally succeeded in 2010 after Liverpool struggled to seventh place in the Premier League, Purslow had the ideal replacement in mind: Roy Hodgson. Not only that, but he had the perfect welcoming gift for the incoming manager: Joe Cole.'

looks like fairly standard dipper drivel tbh - victims innit.

Wyness tho - vile chancer on a par with potless Tone.
The sooner this whole shower of shite are nowt but distant memories the better.

Always worth keeping our feet on the floor.

And no, I don't think that is fair on Wyness Surely anyone takes their chances if they crop up on joining a company in a top job. I don't like how he outsourced and other issues, they were pretty rude to me when I gave feedback on Corporate and then ended up having to admit the feedback was right, the place was a mess and people were stopping going. So not a fan boy, but the only mistake he made was believing that Xia was the real deal. He only had to talk to a few in the game (I did, so it isn't that difficult) to realise what he was walking into.