Cardiff (A) | Page 4 | Vital Football

Cardiff (A)

Firstly, not they can't. If they could, teams who take a lead would never lose.

Eh ? Don't think i said always - are you suggesting 2 said managers never shut up shop to win a game ? 🤔

Amazing. How often has Cook been criticised previously for not going for the kill?
Not sure your point here ? going for the kill at home maybe, away fm home when you have a second chance to close out a game ? 🤔
Last 2 weeks - 5 at back home vs. Preston - today 3 up front away vs. Cardiff.
In both cases 100% wrong way round

Enjoy your half empty pints tonight Hampton.
;)
Pints full Moonay tks - of common sense and realism 😉

Just back. Cardiff were there for the taking IMO. Good battling performance but Lowe and Massey offer us nothing going forward. Lowe had an opportunity in the second half to put his foot through it and leather it towards goal his tame effort summed up his performance - no conviction. Heart was in my mouth when the goal got disallowed at the end, looked like Marshall was flapping (as usual). We were the team with the better quality and actually it must have been difficult to play in those conditions (it didn’t seem to bad in the stand but probably worse on the pitch itself), but Cardiff were really poor and were reliant on set pieces and Vaulks’ long throws. We needed the three points but we’re still in it. We have to really go for it next week against Millbrawl. Just a quick word about Balagun. Much more composed than Dunkley and won nearly all his headers. He needs to stay in until the end of the season. If we get a proper left back in and drop Evans, Massey and Lowe we might have half a chance.
Well we have two left backs. Hopefully one will be playing soon and Naismith could possibly play in position on the left of midfield. Maybe thats a little simplistic though to actually play players in position.

Just back. Cardiff were there for the taking IMO. Good battling performance but Lowe and Massey offer us nothing going forward. Lowe had an opportunity in the second half to put his foot through it and leather it towards goal his tame effort summed up his performance - no conviction. Heart was in my mouth when the goal got disallowed at the end, looked like Marshall was flapping (as usual). We were the team with the better quality and actually it must have been difficult to play in those conditions (it didn’t seem to bad in the stand but probably worse on the pitch itself), but Cardiff were really poor and were reliant on set pieces and Vaulks’ long throws. We needed the three points but we’re still in it. We have to really go for it next week against Millbrawl. Just a quick word about Balagun. Much more composed than Dunkley and won nearly all his headers. He needs to stay in until the end of the season. If we get a proper left back in and drop Evans, Massey and Lowe we might have half a chance.

Swindon what planet are you on ? Why would you think cook would change now, has snot shown one sign of dropping them, especially the worst of them all lowe despite every fan with a basic knowledge can see that they give us very little or nothing.

Well we have two left backs. Hopefully one will be playing soon and Naismith could possibly play in position on the left of midfield. Maybe thats a little simplistic though to actually play players in position.
Naismith can’t play left midfield he’s scared to go forward as a left back because he has no pace

One can only hope the penny will finally drop!

I think after the Millwall game when we played 4-4-2 with Garner and Moore and attacked quite well we said that, then after the better starting line up against Sheffield and Boro but each time we see an immediate revert to type.

He pretty much told us at the fans forum as long as he is here we won't be playing attacking formations like 4-4-2 or 4-3-3. He isn't interested in evolving his style or approach. The penny won't ever drop as he doesn't accept he's doing anything wrong.

I look forward to following Moore’s career post Latics. I maintain that playing in a better team at this level that offered him consistent support, he’d get 15/20 a season. That first goal was the finish of a 20 goal striker at this level.

........He pretty much told us at the fans forum as long as he is here we won't be playing attacking formations like 4-4-2 or 4-3-3. .

Though I agree he's often too defensively inclined, I don't think that the formation has anything to do with it.

4-2-3-1, 5-3-1-1 or whatever other shape you come up with can be as attacking as any other .......it all depends on the intent, the pressing and the support offered to the front man.

We're creating plenty of decent chances. We just need to take 'em.

Most managers (even one's as bad as Joyce and Mackay) could organise a team to shut up shop. 🤡simply can't do this. Every time sky went to the game first comment was how open the game was fair enough if you are chasing the game. When you are in front #naive.
Seems the coaching staff hadn't considered that Cardiff would chuck long throws into our box at every opportunity and worked on how to counter it during the week 🤯
If you had been there you'd realised how awful the ref was and the players - towelgate & time wasting.

Though I agree he's often too defensively inclined, I don't think that the formation has anything to do with it.

4-2-3-1, 5-3-1-1 or whatever other shape you come up with can be as attacking as any other .......it all depends on the intent, the pressing and the support offered to the front man.

We're creating plenty of decent chances. We just need to take 'em.

It can be but it rarely is for us. We don't create many clear cut chances though. Not many crosses land on strikers head and are missed or many pull backs blazed wide - the delivery, movement and getting men in the box is very often lacking.

It can be but it rarely is for us. We don't create many clear cut chances though. Not many crosses land on strikers head and are missed or many pull backs blazed wide - the delivery, movement and getting men in the box is very often lacking.
.....which is the fault of the players (and their instructions) as opposed to the formation.

We created plenty of chances in recent games that really should have been put away .......though I generally agree, we could still do far better.

.....which is the fault of the players (and their instructions) as opposed to the formation.

We created plenty of chances in recent games that really should have been put away .......though I generally agree, we could still do far better.

But when your manager has zero movement in his teams and generally a slow tempo 1 up front with the midfielders generally not close to him you minimise the bodies you need in attack.

If you have players so good they cover the cracks or a good manager playing a system well you can make 1 up front work, 5 at the back etc but have neither. We are generally appalling at transitioning from defence to attack and we play systems that require that.

If you dont think a "meltdown" is not appropriate given that team selection Moonay then not sure what would qualify for one ?
U23s would have been a better option than what 🤡 is putting on a pitch to represent our club today
Standing by your pre match analysis?