Cardiff (A) | Page 3 | Vital Football

Cardiff (A)

Most managers (even one's as bad as Joyce and Mackay) could organise a team to shut up shop. 🤡simply can't do this. ........

Firstly, not they can't. If they could, teams who take a lead would never lose.

........Every time sky went to the game first comment was how open the game was fair enough if you are chasing the game. When you are in front #naive.........

Amazing. How often has Cook been criticised previously for not going for the kill?

Enjoy your half empty pints tonight Hampton.
;)

The form has improved its just the situations and events that have happened during the games that have left a lot of frustration in my opinion. I can't recall a game that we got absolutely hammered this year.

I agree. Fine margins as Mr Cook says. That said, 31 points dropped from winning positions is a disgrace. We do seem to be slowly improving though. Fingers crossed that we have enough to survive

Can anyone explain what does lowe have to do to be dropped or took off early in a game ?

We have so many injury prone players; so many of them seem to struggle to keep fit... It's such a shame that Lowe isn't one of them 😂

Being serious, I applaud his professionalism, to be fair. He clearly looks after himself and that's to his credit. I also don't think Lowe ever doesn't give 100% for the cause. If he was actually good enough for this level of football, he'd be a real key player for us.

As such, I won't blame Lowe. He doesn't pick himself, and he does try his best. No-one can ever ask any player to do any more than that, so I have no bad feelings whatsoever for Jamal himself.

What we can ask is that a manager actually pick his best players, not the ones who are his mates and favourites, despite their being inferior to players who don't get a game, or only do bit parts.

When you’re in the mire and have two opportunities to pick up the full haul then you have to take it. As such it’s another two points squandered. 31 lost this season is a disgrace and if there are records of such things then we must be near the top of the list.

The fact Lowe almost completed another 90 minutes is staggering yet the clown keeps picking him. Maybe we’re contracted to keep selecting these ex Pompey players even though it isn’t merited.

it is good to see that they are still fighting against the odds, but the seeds of our destruction were sown in the first half of the season. A disgrace that a team with the squad we have are in our position.

Exactly. If we’d have sacked Cook when we should in the autumn and replaced him with someone of even moderate managerial ability we’d be comfortably safe by now.

The form has improved its just the situations and events that have happened during the games that have left a lot of frustration in my opinion. I can't recall a game that we got absolutely hammered this year.

The 0-3 home defeat to Brentford was a fair old shellacking...the score line certainly didn’t flatter them (though technically not THIS year ?)

Just back. Cardiff were there for the taking IMO. Good battling performance but Lowe and Massey offer us nothing going forward. Lowe had an opportunity in the second half to put his foot through it and leather it towards goal his tame effort summed up his performance - no conviction. Heart was in my mouth when the goal got disallowed at the end, looked like Marshall was flapping (as usual). We were the team with the better quality and actually it must have been difficult to play in those conditions (it didn’t seem to bad in the stand but probably worse on the pitch itself), but Cardiff were really poor and were reliant on set pieces and Vaulks’ long throws. We needed the three points but we’re still in it. We have to really go for it next week against Millbrawl. Just a quick word about Balagun. Much more composed than Dunkley and won nearly all his headers. He needs to stay in until the end of the season. If we get a proper left back in and drop Evans, Massey and Lowe we might have half a chance.

We often end up finishing with something more closely resembling a team that should've started with. You know before a ball is kicked Lowe, Massey and Jacobs (and to a lesser extent Evans) will be passangers and need subbing. So we end up wasting most of our subs correcting poor starting 11 decisions rather than having flexibility to adjust tactics fully. Yet while those lads get chance after chance barely producing a decent perforance between them others never get a look in. Garner, Geldhardt, Pilkington, Naismith (in midfield l) and even Gary Roberts have all shown more than the others but are treated like Cook only begrudgingly uses them when he is desperate and under pressure rather than ever treat our players based on performance.

Apparently the Bournemouth fans want Dobre to get a start in the Prem so come on loan to us and is behind Lowe, Massey, Jacobs, Roberts and probably Williams, Evans for an attacking midfield spot as well as anyone else on the books. He can't offer much less than some of them so why not give him a chance. We know for a fact when we start or bring on some players they will less than useless - give this lad a shot he is an unknown quantity which is better than proven failed quantities at this level.

Geldhardt has taken McMannamans spot and it looks like Dobre is going to be the new Devante Cole.

Set piece / throwing defending has been appalling for a year and it was our undoing again. The marking for the first was disgraceful and the second while there were Fouls and deflections the lad striking the ball wasn't picked up either. There is inherently something wrong in our defensive organisation and we have learned absolutely nothing to put it right. We had a miracle at Leeds where as bravely as we fought Leeds missed sitters and we had a lucky escape but that was the exception rather than the rule. No team can stay up being so disorganised - if we had anyone who could sort out the defence we may not have held onto every lead to give us the full 31 points but even holding onto a third of that keeps you up comfortably. I wouldn't even mind if we played sexy attacking football where we were free scoring but leaving ourselves open at the back. But we play quite defensive and don't create many chances but still conceeded for fun. Barnsley are rubbish at the back but play 3 up front and play attacking football - if Cook has zero clue how to fix the defence and is unwilling to bring in someone to do it for him he should start trying to use attack as the best form of defence.

Great goal from Moore it seems he's finally worked out after months of going virtually exclusively to the back post without getting a ball played into that area we only play crosses to the near post. I don't understand how Moore and the rest of the team have been on completely different pages for so long - what do they do in training.

Ref mistake cost us dearly but poor team selection and the old acillies heel of defending set pieces is making a tough job nearly impossible. You can manage to get away being low scoring if you are well organised and can grind out wins but you can't be low scoring and so disorganised and get away with it.

Last edited: