Carabao Cup Draw Thread | Vital Football

Carabao Cup Draw Thread

Sorry if its been stated before but whats the round by round prize money for this competition please?

All a bit pathetic, but chances for decent TV money. May have gone up slightly for 2018/2019.

EFL Cup 2017 Prize Money Breakdown for winners:

Round 1 £5,000
Round 2 £7,000
Round 3 £10,000
Round 4 £15,000
Quarterfinals £20,000
Semifinals £25,000
Runners-up £50,000
Winners £100,000

Teams each get 45% of the net gate receipts

It's very strange - all I can find from an Internet search re the current season is this site which indicates the only prize money is for the semi-finals onwards. Whether this is correct or not I don't know:

http://www.latestbettingoffers.co.uk/events/league-cup/

".... the prize money involved in the trophy only comes into play during its latter stages.

"When it comes to the League Cup, only the semi-finalists onwards get any money from the EFL, though it’s not a huge amount regardless. Both teams that leave at the semi-final stage of the tournament get £25,000, whilst the losing finalists receive £50,000. The winner of the trophy will get £100,000 in prize money. It’s also important to bear in mind that clubs get money from TV companies and from gate receipts. The money earned from ticket sales is split 45% to each team."

How does this compare with Checkatrade? Bit surprised that what used to be the League Cup (wasn't it?) has such relatively poor prize money, or do they rely on gate receipt shares? Perhaps explains why some higher level teams pay less attention to the cup.

How does this compare with Checkatrade? Bit surprised that what used to be the League Cup (wasn't it?) has such relatively poor prize money, or do they rely on gate receipt shares? Perhaps explains why some higher level teams pay less attention to the cup.
I wondered why some clubs didnt bother with it ,i think we know why now.I doubt tv money will be great then either.

Newcastle or Everton at Sincil Bank please. Let's have a big night and then we can focus on the league (unless we win!)

Let's get a premier league side Newcastle away and get out as prize money and 45 percent of gate is crap.