Carabao Cup Draw Thread | Page 6 | Vital Football

Carabao Cup Draw Thread

One of the grounds I've been to for a none Imps game. Went when they had Shearer up front, played Forest and won 7-0. Think it was downhill for them after that!
Think we'll have a decent following, we talk good amounts to Leeds & Birmingham I recall and we had pretty rubbish teams those days !

No idea why anyone would be unhappy about this tie.
We are in the Second rd of the Football League Cup.
We're not off to Solihull Moors or Eastleigh or Alfreton etc.
Blackburn are a club with a great history and have been Premier Lge Champions in more recent times.
Few Lincoln fans will have seen us play at Ewood Park (48 yrs since last visit).

And we have now been given an excellent 7000 tkts at a reasonable price too.
We should be looking to sell at least half that allocation as a minimum & why not aim to actually outnumber their fans?

And maybe being the day after a bank holiday is a bit of a bonus - anyone who would need time off work to go could simply extend the holiday weekend by another day ☺

Maybe for some a trip to sunny Blackpool could precede the Tuesday game?

Anyway let's get as many there as we can. And look forward to a 3rd rd tie next ??

No idea why anyone would be unhappy about this tie.
We are in the Second rd of the Football League Cup.
We're not off to Solihull Moors or Eastleigh or Alfreton etc.
Blackburn are a club with a great history and have been Premier Lge Champions in more recent times.
Few Lincoln fans will have seen us play at Ewood Park (48 yrs since last visit).

And we have now been given an excellent 7000 tkts at a reasonable price too.
We should be looking to sell at least half that allocation as a minimum & why not aim to actually outnumber their fans?

And maybe being the day after a bank holiday is a bit of a bonus - anyone who would need time off work to go could simply extend the holiday weekend by another day ☺

Maybe for some a trip to sunny Blackpool could precede the Tuesday game?

Anyway let's get as many there as we can. And look forward to a 3rd rd tie next ??

It's away, it's awful to get to. It's also going to be a really tough fixture (no bad thing in some ways, but there were probably easier ones).

I think there were much better ties to be had, but I do take some of your points.

I agree better draws could have happened.
But i always look to cups to see us play at a new away ground and with a 22% likelihood of that happening this time for me, i have to be pleased with outcome.
Also travel pretty decent as i live about 70 miles from Blackburn.
It WILL be a tough game, no reason for Blackburn to go ultra weak at all. Far from it, they will see this as a good chance to progress plus we are not an unknown quantity to them so they certainly won't underestimate us.

I'm all for a bit of perspective and yeah, obviously I'd rather be playing in the League Cup than the FA Trophy, but you can't just pull the "we were non-league two years ago so cheer up" card whenever we get a bad draw