Can we make the play offs? | Page 8 | Vital Football

Can we make the play offs?

Blackpool had 15-goal Jordan Rhodes sent off yesterday - straight red, three-game ban if they don't appeal. Use of the arm - see what you think, play it from 17 seconds:

Harsh? Or did he take a look at the player first and deliberately lead with the arm?

He will miss those three tough aways - Northampton, Wigan and Derby.

Blackpool had 15-goal Jordan Rhodes sent off yesterday - straight red, three-game ban if they don't appeal. Use of the arm - see what you think, play it from 17 seconds:

Harsh? Or did he take a look at the player first and deliberately lead with the arm?

He will miss those three tough aways - Northampton, Wigan and Derby.

Possibly a tad harsh but as with Paudie's just after Christmas I can't see it being rescinded.

Letter of the law I think so. He is looking at the player too which is what I hated about Stevenage. But watching it - feels soft.

Remaining fixtures (home/away):

Stevenage: 5/5 Peterborough (a), Orient (H), Carlisle (a), Bolton (H), Charlton (a), Exeter (a), Barnsley (H), Burton (H), Oxford (a), Cheltenham (H).
Three games against the top six plus Orient and Charlton; three could still go down.

Oxford: 4/5 Bolton (a), Port Vale (a), LINCOLN (H), Shrewsbury (a), Fleetwood (H), Burton (a), Peterborough (H), Stevenage (H), Exeter (a).
Four tough home games plus Bolton away; includes five games against relegation strugglers.

Blackpool: 4/5 Northampton (a), Wigan (a), Derby (a), Wycombe (H), Cambridge (H), Fleetwood (H), Carlisle (a), Barnsley (H), Reading (a).
Three tough aways in a row followed by three winnable homes; local derby against fighting Fleetwood plus a couple of tough ones to finish.

LINCOLN: 5/4 Cambridge (H), Bristol Rovers (H), Oxford (a), Orient (H), Carlisle (a), Reading (a), Wigan (H), Cheltenham (a), Portsmouth (H).
Perhaps the kindest set of fixtures of any contender? Cheltenham could be down by the time they come here and Portsmouth could be on the beach as we were in 2019.

Orient: 5/4 Port Vale (H), Stevenage (a), Exeter (H), LINCOLN (a), Peterborough (H), Cheltenham (H), Derby (a), Fleetwood (H), Shrewsbury (a).
Fading at the wrong time, currently 7 points behind with a poor goal difference. Four very tough aways; four home games are against sides fighting to stay up plus Peterborough.
Oxford fans don't seem to be taking to Buckingham at all.

It is a case of keeping on winning then asking the question after every match.
We will need a little bit of luck along the way. We can be derailed by an unfortunate sending off, a deflected goal for the opposition or an horrendous refereeing performance.
But equally some of those could happen to the the opposition so who knows.
I am just happy living the dream for now.

Can we? We can... but looking at the remaining fixtures and form I think Blackpool will be the biggest threat and maybe favourites from here. Oxford seem to have completely imploded, Stevenage have a lot of very tough games where as Blackpool don't.

Can we? We can... but looking at the remaining fixtures and form I think Blackpool will be the biggest threat and maybe favourites from here. Oxford seem to have completely imploded, Stevenage have a lot of very tough games where as Blackpool don't.
They do have a very nice run-in but momentum is key at this stage and they've only won 4 of their last 11. They also go to Derby on Good Friday which is tougher than any of our remaining games.

It is a case of keeping on winning then asking the question after every match.
We will need a little bit of luck along the way. We can be derailed by an unfortunate sending off, a deflected goal for the opposition or an horrendous refereeing performance.
But equally some of those could happen to the the opposition so who knows.
I am just happy living the dream for now.
Hopefully I am going to be able to keep repeating this after every match.
We are awesome at the moment.

We need to patch up a few key players and if the Oxford game is off for the International weekend it might not be a bad thing, but we have what is needed at this stage of the season, momentum , just keep going and enjoy ! I dont buy into this 'its too soon' rubbish , if a chance presents itself you have to go for it and see where it gets you, its a free hit !
UTI.

Last edited:
Well the odds are still against us. We have to maintain our 'best in the league' form and it is still for Stevenage to lose. Win their two games in hand and they are 9 points clear of us and there is nothing we can do about it.

That said, after a week like this one who can't have hope?

14/1 for imps to reach the play offs. - Stevenage 2/5 Blackpool 7/2 Oxford 4/1. Very clear where the value is!