Can we make the play offs? | Page 9 | Vital Football

Can we make the play offs?

Stevenage have a tough looking set of fixtures, can’t score and look like they’ve run out of gas. I will be surprised if they hang on to 6th. Oxford have fully blown a gasket so that leaves us and Blackpool. We have made up 11 points on Stevenage and Oxford and 4 on Blackpool over the last 8 games. 8 games to go and it’s a 2 horse shoot out between us and Blackpool. 14/1 is the price to load on now we will be down to 4/1 by Saturday tea time.

Yep, Oxford and Stevenage are running out of steam, whereas Blackpool are still in decent form. They're our main challengers for that last play-off spot. The rest of the teams above should have enough to get themselves over the line. It would be fitting to get one over on Blackpool after 2021.

As mentioned on the match thread, injuries to House and Draper really is the key to out chances of grabbing that 6th spot in my view.

If we lose House and Draper for most of the remaining games, as well as Makama did last night, I just don't think we will have the physical presence and pressing up front to maintain our current form.

If we can have House or Draper available, then... who knows!

We are not going to get near the playoffs according to this.

To get to 82 Stevenage need 2.1 points per game from the last ten. Form for the last six is 1.2 ppg.
But if they only need another 14 points to pip our 75 then the ppg required drops to 1.4.
Too many variables to make it this simple. But I can't see them getting 82pts. A defeat tonight would do nicely for starters. It's hard to want Posh to win though.

To get to 82 Stevenage need 2.1 points per game from the last ten. Form for the last six is 1.2 ppg.
But if they only need another 14 points to pip our 75 then the ppg required drops to 1.4.
Too many variables to make it this simple. But I can't see them getting 82pts. A defeat tonight would do nicely for starters. It's hard to want Posh to win though.
My god it is, it just feels wrong to want them to win!

Stevenage have won only two of their last eight games, both by 1-0 (against Wycombe who were 15th, and Cambridge who were 17th) and are scoring less than a goal a game. Their race is run, and Oxford are plummeting faster than Phillip Schofield's career. I think it is between us and Blackpool, but are we peaking too soon?

Stevenage have won only two of their last eight games, both by 1-0 (against Wycombe who were 15th, and Cambridge who were 17th) and are scoring less than a goal a game. Their race is run, and Oxford are plummeting faster than Phillip Schofield's career. I think it is between us and Blackpool, but are we peaking too soon?
have we even peaked? skubala seems to think there is room for improvement.

blackpool have two away games next: wigan (does that count as a tricky derby?) and derby. plus barnsley at home (barnsley have the best away record in the league).

Blackpool have two tough away games coming up at Wigan and Derby but then they have three consecutive home games against Wycombe, Cambridge and Fleetwood plus Carlisle away which IMO are all winnable so we really need to keep this run going.

Imagine being in a situation where we want Peterborough to win a game and that is where we find ourselves as Imps today. Peterborough have a 1-0 lead against Stevenage and I hope they hang on until the end.

Next three games:

Stevenage:
ORIENT (H)
Carlisle (a)
BOLTON (H)

Blackpool:
Wigan (a)
Derby (a)
WYCOMBE (H)

Oxford:
Port Vale (a)
Shrewsbury (a)
FLEETWOOD (H)

Lincoln:
BRISTOL ROVERS (H)
ORIENT (H)
Carlisle (a)

Interesting that Lincoln and Stevenage have two of the same games (Orient at home, Carlisle away).