Cahill Rumours Rumble On | Page 3 | Vital Football

Cahill Rumours Rumble On

I would be disappointed if we sign players like Cahill.

Like Cahill ?

So not if we signed Cahill then ?.

I jest, but....
What if we just signed Gary Cahill and all the other signings were younger and more of the type you want.

Nothing wrong with that surely?

I'd not be at all surprised if we didn't go for him/his sort (age) with the new approach, but I'd also not be at all disappointed to see some experience in the dressing room.

I'd not be at all surprised if we didn't go for him/his sort (age) with the new approach, but I'd also not be at all disappointed to see some experience in the dressing room.

Yeah we need to remember that SJM, Guilbert, Hause, Steer, Jota etc have no Prem experience. Grealish limited and El Ghazi has limited Champ Lge experience with Ajax.

Getting rid of Whelan, Jedi, Hutton etc was right going forward but leaves us thin on the ground with top flight experience. In fact, experience full stop.

I’m sure DS and co know what they’re doing though! Gulp!

I'd be OK with Cahill. Centre-backs tend to be able to play at a good level a little later into their 30's. Put him in with Hause, Mings (hopefully) and maybe even Webster for a year or two while they come to terms with the league....

An experienced head at the back for a season wouldn't be a bad idea. After all "You'll never win anything with kids!"