Cahill Rumours Rumble On | Page 2 | Vital Football

Cahill Rumours Rumble On

IMO he’s been an excellent defender over the years, but obviously not as good anymore. Having said that, I’d be more than happy to see him alongside Tyrone this season.

He played 28 games for Villa.
The only thing he did of note was score that one goal .
He helped Bolton to relegation in 4 years and has been a good servant to Chelsea .
He's linked to us because he's and ex player and John Terry is here .
If he'll take 20k a week for a couple of season to help out then fine but something tells me he won't . He's got no more loyalty to Villa than any other team he'll go to whichever mugs give him the best contract

He has won 2 league titles, champions league, 2 Fa cup and league cup bit unfair to concentrate on Bolton

Brilliant experience if we can get him at the right price.

We need experience if we are signing unproven at premier league level players like we did yesterday and to help along those that came up with us .

I would rather spend his bloated wages on somebody who has more mileage in the tank.

Cahill would be ok if we were still in the chumps.

He's a very very good player, but... his career is running down. If we were trying to pick ourselves up then he'd be a good choice, same as JT was. Not impossible that DS thinks he would be a good choice now. However ... we are trying to build for the future. If we get him where does that leave Hause? I think a Hause Mings partnership is the future. If it clicks it could be a long future.

Who says he's any good now? He didn't play last season for a reason - and I don't rate Chelski's defence highly either. Think this is a risk to be avoided.

Who says he's any good now? He didn't play last season for a reason - and I don't rate Chelski's defence highly either. Think this is a risk to be avoided.

Possibly Merd. Quite possibly.

But this is the theme I was trying to take with Jota yesterday. Who says he can play at the top level because he played well against us 2 years ago . He hasn't played at the top level for a reason ?

Think it just shows that every transfer has an element of risk and doubt.

Should get some polls going, be interesting to see the split.

Mings - yes (£10-£12m)
Cahill - no
Abraham - yes (£15m)
Jota - yes (£4m)
Hause - yes (£8m)
Tuanzabe - yes (£10m)

I am a tight arse :slap:

If we want experience and influence in the dressing room then we may as well re-sign Whelan.

At least he played last season.