Bury | Page 16 | Vital Football

Bury

If they get wound up I hope it doesn't grant Notts County a reprieve in the event of them finishing second bottom.

I don't think the PFA are financially struggling to be honest and if this kind of situation is what players contribute their subs for probably a better use of money than paying their chief executive 2 million p.a

Players don't contribute any subs to the PFA. Heard that on 5 Live when they were talking about Gordon Taylor stepping down.

One of our consultants is a Bury fan and he said that it appears the team are training at Gigg Lane because the rumours are going round that they haven't paid the water bill at their training ground ( the old Man City one at Carrington) so they can't water the pitches.
That has seemingly been confirmed previously on various comments/threads on the Bury fans forum as well.

Another rambling message from the chairman, which is very interesting for a number of reasons:

https://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/2019/april/a-message-from-the-chairman/
Have just read this in full and it just confirms the mess that we all know they are in. The one thing that does strike me is that he twice refers to payments or monies that were due in that haven't materialised. It would be interesting to know what these are/were...... or is that all bluster on his part to deflect criticism on the issue of not paying wages.

I'm beginning to think that promotion is probably the worst thing that could happen to them now, based on the comments he makes about wages etc. You get the impression that if they have to make the cuts he is suggesting they would just be cannon fodder next season in the league above as would be playing with a team of kids.

Have just read this in full and it just confirms the mess that we all know they are in. The one thing that does strike me is that he twice refers to payments or monies that were due in that haven't materialised. It would be interesting to know what these are/were...... or is that all bluster on his part to deflect criticism on the issue of not paying wages.

I'm beginning to think that promotion is probably the worst thing that could happen to them now, based on the comments he makes about wages etc. You get the impression that if they have to make the cuts he is suggesting they would just be cannon fodder next season in the league above as would be playing with a team of kids.

I think the fans would take that, even if it meant pretty much nailed on relegation. Would give them a season to slash costs and still remain in the football league after relegation. If they get relegated out of League 2 we know how much that can cost in lost revenue...

They don't seem to be doing an awful lot to trim their wage bill...but if their staffing levels are Championship level, then surely that can be easier to trim down?
Staffing levels at Championship level is a strange one for a League One club, never mind League Two. For a club that has averaged less than 4,000 for the last five seasons, that is extraordinary too.

I think that 16 pages and 81k of views on this thread would help Bury out if they got the monies from it... but there woes are our gains.

I think the fans would take that, even if it meant pretty much nailed on relegation. Would give them a season to slash costs and still remain in the football league after relegation. If they get relegated out of League 2 we know how much that can cost in lost revenue...
Yes, it gives them the cushion of a further season to sort things out. Unless some kindly fairy waves a magic wand and several large sacks of cash appear on their doorstep within the next fortnight, they are facing a disastrous season on the pitch even if they somehow manage to survive off it. The players will surely all leave in the close season (their contracts have become voidable due to late and non-payment of wages) and who in their right mind is going to sign for them without very clear evidence that the financial woes have been eradicated? Which seems an impossible task right now.

Having said that, a plummet from League One to National League would be very hard to stop unless that fairy gets really busy.

Surely they have some saleable player assets?

Irrespective of when the contracts are up, Bury are in breach contract therefore the players can walk away anytime they want if they get other offers of employment. But, obviously they can't play until next season.

Irrespective of when the contracts are up, Bury are in breach contract therefore the players can walk away anytime they want if they get other offers of employment. But, obviously they can't play until next season.
But, if they were committed to reducing costs why didn’t Dale - the businessman apparently there to get their cloth cut according to their 4.5k fans and income in general - get a couple of the saleable assets off the books in January?