Bury | Page 15 | Vital Football

Bury

I think it is quite significant the the EFL have deemed Bury worthy of specific concern mention which we don't often get. If the owner is indeed more of an asset stripper than anything else it makes you wonder how he fulfilled the fit and proper criteria.
Supporters and backroom staff are who I have sympathy for in this mess. Players will probably find another club. You don't do that as a fan

It all reminds me of Portsmouth where one owner spent over the odds, then another owner took it off him before selling it on again. Each one of them did not have the means that they had suggested. Each one was a blagger. The Portsmouth and County (fake sheik and those who followed) examples of these blaggers was supposed to have strengthened the "fit and proper" tests but it seems not so. Blaggers can still come in on the say so that they have a bit stashed away, honest guv, and they are waved on to take over. Shocking really.

With the possibility of Bury going into the playoffs they could get wound up half way through or before the final, messy.

With the possibility of Bury going into the playoffs they could get wound up half way through or before the final, messy.

...or let's say they make an automatic spot then get wound up mid way through the play offs.

That means someone misses out on a promotion place and the 4th bottom in League 1 gets an undeserved reprieve.

It would be a shame if, say, Mansfield finished 4th and then lost in the play offs under that scenario. Wouldn't it.

It would be a shame if, say, Mansfield finished 4th and then lost in the play offs under that scenario. Wouldn't it.

NO. It would be as funny as the VAR incident last night IMO. However I am very biased when it comes to the Slags.

NO. It would be as funny as the VAR incident last night IMO. However I am very biased when it comes to the Slags.

Does anyone here know how to make a "whoosh" sound?

Report from one person on the Bury forum tonight (taken off Facebook somewhere) says that staff were actually paid 50% on correct date and a further 25% today. This was only office staff and non football staff it says, as players, manager and coaching staff still paid nothing. Another source/rumour suggests PFA may have actually paid players 50%.

No idea as to reliability or validity of these comments however, as others claiming to be in the know and good friends of office staff were still adamant this afternoon that no-one had been paid. One thing's for sure, the silence coming out of the club is deafening and there's talk of major protests at Monday's home game.

50% of players' salaries paid by pfa apparently.

does that mean Bury now also owe the pfa money? ... more cash sucked into the black hole to allow them to continue playing mayor/o'shea/maynard et al.

50% of players' salaries paid by pfa apparently.

does that mean Bury now also owe the pfa money? ... more cash sucked into the black hole to allow them to continue playing mayor/o'shea/maynard et al.

Yes it would be-PFA have often given clubs loans to pay wages. Whether it gets paid back is a different matter.

I don't think the PFA are financially struggling to be honest and if this kind of situation is what players contribute their subs for probably a better use of money than paying their chief executive 2 million p.a

It all reminds me of Portsmouth where one owner spent over the odds, then another owner took it off him before selling it on again. Each one of them did not have the means that they had suggested. Each one was a blagger. The Portsmouth and County (fake sheik and those who followed) examples of these blaggers was supposed to have strengthened the "fit and proper" tests but it seems not so. Blaggers can still come in on the say so that they have a bit stashed away, honest guv, and they are waved on to take over. Shocking really.

In private business insolvency is illegal but in the football arena it is overlooked,,,,,,the law is an arse.
Wrongful trading is the term associated with most of these dodgy clubs as their debts are not temporary and they keep trading.......illegal.

Fold half a dozen of these football clubs and then we can all operate in an equitable fashion.........level playing field.

Keep ignoring the problem and we will continue to emulate the FTSE100 ,,,, all audited by the big 4 and continually turning a blind eye to the facts. Carillion etc Tescos inflated profits............................................fraud.

Can I ask question...? What another clubs financial position has got to do with all on here . There are many others in a similar position so why Bury. They have fuck all to do with LCFC. . People should get out more me thinks

Can I ask question...? What another clubs financial position has got to do with all on here . There are many others in a similar position so why Bury. They have fuck all to do with LCFC. . People should get out more me thinks
For me the fact that they are financial cheats in our league is relevant and they are fair game to be commented about. The only conundrum for me is do I dislike their cheating or the entity that is MK more so far as promotion goes.

In private business insolvency is illegal but in the football arena it is overlooked,,,,,,the law is an arse.
Wrongful trading is the term associated with most of these dodgy clubs as their debts are not temporary and they keep trading.......illegal.

Fold half a dozen of these football clubs and then we can all operate in an equitable fashion.........level playing field.

Keep ignoring the problem and we will continue to emulate the FTSE100 ,,,, all audited by the big 4 and continually turning a blind eye to the facts. Carillion etc Tescos inflated profits............................................fraud.

Not entirely true. There are lots of examples of companies running when technically insolvent. Just look at uber who announced when they floated that they may never ever make a profit! And Starbucks when they were questioned those years ago about not paying any tax stating that they didn't make any profit in the UK. Reality being with them that they did but they diverted those profits to their 1 man purchasing office in Amsterdam.

There are lots of examples of companies that run with a loss year on year. Mostly to do with "creative accounting" than actual losses like with football clubs but they most definitely are out there and not being pulled up by the law.

Another rambling message from the chairman, which is very interesting for a number of reasons:

https://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/2019/april/a-message-from-the-chairman/

Apparently they need £1.6 million before the end of May with projected income of £180,000, yet he says the future of the club has been secured. No mention of the winding-up petition to be faced on 15 May - how on earth did they persuade the court to grant a postponement? They owe HMRC £277,000 alone.

He also confirms PFA involvement in paying March wages; I may be wrong, but does that not generate a transfer embargo? What about April wages?

Now he has put the club up for sale, admitting the financial position is 100 times worse than he thought when he took over. That should really encourage potential buyers.

Johnny Nash comes to mind.

Massive trouble. One or two players have taken to social media almost indicating a few of these comments aren’t necessarily as it appears, presumably wages?

It’s totally unsustainable and they really have no option to strip right back unless substantial investment is found.

One of our consultants is a Bury fan and he said that it appears the team are training at Gigg Lane because the rumours are going round that they haven't paid the water bill at their training ground ( the old Man City one at Carrington) so they can't water the pitches.

Is Wharton still there? Presumably they aren't paying any of his wages otherwise they should have sent him back, as well as any other loanees, ages ago? I suppose it's possible Blackburn wouldn't let them end the deal early.

Given that the anticipated wage bill to the end of May equates to 2/3rd's of Accrington's annual turnover, I am not quite sure why they haven't made wholesale redundancies before now; other than that they would need to make redundancy payments out of a pot that is empty.

As ever these things open up more questions e.g. does the anticipated wage bill include bonuses for achieving promotion?

They don't seem to be doing an awful lot to trim their wage bill. I mean, you can't do much with the players but if their staffing levels are Championship level, then surely that can be easier to trim down?