Bury | Page 104 | Vital Football

Bury

Unfair on the other 22 teams who do not know where they are in relation to BWFC in the table.
Really unfair to Donny rovers and their fans who had the fixture pulled who no notice and don't know what's happening with the re-arrangement.
Damn, I can't say that though, because of course Bolton are the victims here.

And of course the fact that our manager was complaining about the fixture pile up at the start of the season. Many said "It was the same for everyone" but it actually wasn't, our opponents on at least 2 occasions during that pile up had free weeks and that was entirely down to Bury and Bolton's mismanagement of their respective clubs, but hey let's not let that get in the way of rolling out the hankerchiefs for them...

That MP is a piece of work talking about ‘self interest’. Probably never set foot in Gigg Lane, if he’d taken even a passing interest in the club over the previous 10 years he might have been able to intervene in its appalling management.

More likely up at Old Trafford wolfing down endless plates of prawn sandwiches and straight into the bar at the end of every game to get his nose in the trough for a 3 course nosh, all washed down with a bottle of Sir Alex`s finest red wine.

another political chancer ?
Bury he probably couldn`t find it on the map.

More likely up at Old Trafford wolfing down endless plates of prawn sandwiches and straight into the bar at the end of every game to get his nose in the trough for a 3 course nosh, all washed down with a bottle of Sir Alex`s finest red wine.

another political chancer ?
Bury he probably couldn`t find it on the map.

Actually think Alex is off the red and onto the white now:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/24/alex-ferguson-wine-collection-auction

Unfortunately I think the day has come when Bury FC will finally be wound up in court tomorrow.

I hate to see a football club die particularly one that is 134 years old but the writing has been on the wall for a very long time. It just seems to have been dragged out and you have to feel for the supporters because I know how I would feel in their position.

They have probably been resigned to it for a long time but it won't make the actual demise any easier! I hope they all rally round a Pheonix club but I have no idea where they will play as I guess the liquidators will sell off Gigg Lane unfortunately which is another sad thought as an historic football ground disappears.

Last edited:
Number 87 on the list, so probably won't be heard until this afternoon I imagine.

Wonder what Dale's got up his sleeve for this one? Broken down car? Illness? Assuming that he has to be there, I'm not sure.

Number 87 on the list, so probably won't be heard until this afternoon I imagine.

Wonder what Dale's got up his sleeve for this one? Broken down car? Illness? Assuming that he has to be there, I'm not sure.
I thought I had read somewhere (related to Forever Bury) that given the collapse of a possible takeover they would be making no representations in this case. Whether that applies to the club as a whole (inc Dale) or just Forever Bury then I'm not sure.

I see Ebbsfleet are 10 places in front of them on the list to be heard.

Unfortunately I think the day has come when Bury FC will finally be wound up in court tomorrow.

I hate to see a football club die particularly one that is 134 years old but the writing has been on the wall for a very long time. It just seems to have been dragged out and you have to feel for the supporters because I know how I would feel in their position.

They have probably been resigned to it for a long time but it won't make the actual demise any easier! I hope they all rally round a Pheonix club but I have no idea where they will play as I guess the liquidators will sell off Gigg Lane unfortunately which is another sad thought as an historic football ground disappears.

Just feel sorry for their 3,000 hardcore supporters, it could have been us a few years back. Hope they can reform and 'do a Hereford' and slowly move back up the pyramid . Just hope all those who say they are Bury supporters stick with them !