Brummies | Page 4 | Vital Football

Brummies

Couldn’t make today unfortunately and didn’t see it, but I’ve said after the first three matches there has been plenty fight, effort and commitment. Playing away with ten for virtually the entirety of the game and coming away with a win and clean sheet suggests it’s been business as usual in that regard. Leam often gets criticism over his substitutions but it appears he got them all spot on today with contributions from the lot.

Fantastic result and that away end must have been buzzing. Brilliant to have big Charlie back, with an assist to boot, and I suspect that away changing room will be equally as buzzing.
Away end was absolutely mental when that goal went in MiW, one of the best away ends for me for some time.
On the coach on the way back up the M6 suffering from a massive adrenalin hangover and got an hour to snap out of it as meeting Mrs Itis in town for an evening out :love:

Absolutely buzzing!
What an incredible,heroic result and performance after that scandalous early red for the dive(which i've seen replayed).

Listened to the game and the lads deserve massive credit for that outstanding effort,as does Leam and the coaching staff for their tactical changes and subs throughout the game.

Seen the goal and it's magnificent to see Charlie back on that pitch.What a cracking assist by him for the winner which was well finished by Broadhead too.

Sounded like we were organised,defended superbly,with Jones making some fantastic saves too when called upon.We also had a few moments in an attacking sense ourselves before the goal.

Still unbeaten and now our 1st win which will further build that confidence and belief!

UTFT!💪🍻

Brilliant win, and (by all accounts) a superb performance.

Not sure why folk get wound up about selection, tactics, formation, whatever ... especially early on in a game. It's very clear that the manager, the coaching staff, the starting xi and the whole squad know exactly what's required of them.

👏👏👏

Deserved celebrations aside .... looking at the the player positioning after the Kerr
deflected pass, followed by the red card.
We will be picked apart all season if that isn't corrected.
The two Central defenders were caught wide right ... ouch. Whether Lukas Jutkiewicz was lucky or not, noone picked him up.
Actually, anyone else remember when it was being speculated that Jutkiewicz was a potential loan striker for us under Malky (from Burnley) ?

The Birmingham Mail reporter also thought the referee got it wrong for the red card.
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sp...birmingham-city-wigan-player-ratings-24809665

"Referee Andy Hughes made a big error when he adjudged the covering Bennett had made contact and brought down the Blues striker and sent him off."

Last edited:
Whatmough with a lovely bit of defending ... deserved a clap from anyone who saw it. Lovely tackle whilst back peddling. Waited for the right moment and took the ball right off their players foot.
Jamie Jones might have picked up a niggly injury ...left hip I think whilst kicking a long ball up the pitch with his right.
Iffy red that, although Bennett didn't start too well again either.
The team is not giving up, Birmingham are going to go for it in the last 20 minutes hoping the team is tired.

That was one helluva tackle by Whatmough. Just stood so strong.

Away end was absolutely mental when that goal went in MiW, one of the best away ends for me for some time.
On the coach on the way back up the M6 suffering from a massive adrenalin hangover and got an hour to snap out of it as meeting Mrs Itis in town for an evening out :love:

I'll second that AI, when that goal went in it was bedlam, sheer delight & great to see after our 70 odd mins with 10 men.....enjoy 'King St' n watch out for lads doing an early celebration 🍻

Perhaps Richardson is better at adjusting his tactics if we’re not favourites to win a game. This season we’ll be underdogs most weeks and will be able to sit back a bit more and ‘pick teams off’. With teams coming at us a bit more, us being solid defensively and having a few attacking options, I’m hoping we can pull off a few more results like today .

He4e s a qu estiion for
Briliant day that!Brilliant performance on and off the pitch!Days like this stay in the mind forever!!

Here is a question. Best 1-0 win.

1) FA Cup final v City.
2) FA Cup win at home (Will Griggs goal)
3) Today's 10 man win away to Brum.

They are all significant in their own way, and are part of our magnificant history making club. None is better than the other.