Brummies | Page 9 | Vital Football

Brummies

just because it wasn't a foul (or technically, a red card offence) doesn't automatically mean that their striker cheated. I think they went down under minimal contact, but most strikers will do that and it's hard to prove that it was simulation and a 'dive' if there is a small amount of contact.
But he went down under NO contact, not even minimal

I disagree. He went down with intent to con the official into thinking he’d been fouled, when he hadn’t actually been touched. Means the criteria for a suspension in my opinion is met. Unless this behaviour is punished there is no deterrent.
firstly, was there contact or not? I can't say definitively either way. I don't think it's possible to say definitively from the reply, so all you have is the statements of the ref and Bennett.

Secondly, you can only get a retroactive suspension if there's a unanimous view by the FA panel. This requires clear/overwhelming evidence (often through clear TV footage).

I'm not sure that's the case here, but the replay that we've also seen shows that there wasn't any attempt by Bennett to trip or foul the striker. So to me that's enough to tear up the straight red card, but not enough to prove that it was a dive. When I look at the reply a see some light contact and therefore to me it'd be harsh to issue Jultkiewicz with a ban. If it was the other way around we'd be up in arms if this was Callum Lang and he ended up getting a ban and we felt there'd be a little bit of contact.

. If it was the other way around we'd be up in arms if this was Callum Lang and he ended up getting a ban and we felt there'd be a little bit of contact.

TBH Pubey I think most of us might think it would Bloody well serve him right … going down like ‘ready cash’ is the worst aspect of his game.

Re Jutkiewicz I think you’re being kind to him … there might have been a whisper of contact …but I don’t think so … either way he looked determined to hit the deck as quickly as gravity allowed

firstly, was there contact or not? I can't say definitively either way. I don't think it's possible to say definitively from the reply, so all you have is the statements of the ref and Bennett.

Secondly, you can only get a retroactive suspension if there's a unanimous view by the FA panel. This requires clear/overwhelming evidence (often through clear TV footage).

I'm not sure that's the case here, but the replay that we've also seen shows that there wasn't any attempt by Bennett to trip or foul the striker. So to me that's enough to tear up the straight red card, but not enough to prove that it was a dive. When I look at the reply a see some light contact and therefore to me it'd be harsh to issue Jultkiewicz with a ban. If it was the other way around we'd be up in arms if this was Callum Lang and he ended up getting a ban and we felt there'd be a little bit of contact.

I like to think I’m being objective - I thought Naylor should have gone at Norwich for example. So I don’t think I’m being biased when I say that he ‘dived’ in an attempt to con the referee in believing he’d been tripped so Bennett got a red. It worked because he did and replays show there was no contact. The rule was brought in to deter this behaviour and if they aren’t going to take action then it makes a mockery of the rule. If Lang had done similar and he got a ban then I’d say he deserved it - though in future if he does I’ll be furious given someone else has gotten away with it.

Rather than out and out cheating maybe the Birmingham lad is in the twilight of his career, legs not as they were and not much confidence going on a clear run of about 35 yards and chooses the easier option of throwing himself to the deck.

I sometimes thing Callum takes this option.
I will have to stop agreeing with you Hindley but you will have to stop being right.no fun 😂😂

Birmingham City's Lukas Jutkiewicz
handed suspension for 'deception' against Wigan Athletic.

Jutkiewicz was charged with a breach of FA Rule 3,
deception of a match official.

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/fo...-for-deception-against-wigan-athletic-3819820

I wonder if Latics had lost the game would Jutkiewicz still have been handed a suspension?
If he's deemed to have decieved the ref then surely he's decieved Latics?

Personally I think he wouldn't be suspended as it would open all sorts of issues regarding the fairness of the result.

I wonder if Latics had lost the game would Jutkiewicz still have been handed a suspension?
If he's deemed to have decieved the ref then surely he's decieved Latics?

Personally I think he wouldn't be suspended as it would open all sorts of issues regarding the fairness of the result.
This has been going on for years and some teams use it as a 'tactic'
to get Penalties or get players Sent Off.