Bristol Rovers/Ehmer | Page 7 | Vital Football

Bristol Rovers/Ehmer

Might be as innocent as ehmer has had a poor season on the pitch. Remember the game down there where he fell over to let Oliver score.

Ehmer always seemed very relaxed on the pitch to me, some could mistake that for not showing enough aggression. I get the Impression that Barton likes an aggressive player - that's not really Ehmer.
Yes it could be that simple, I’ve seen some of their fans on Twitter saying he’s been awful all season.

Yes it could be that simple, I’ve seen some of their fans on Twitter saying he’s been awful all season.

If you read there Gaschat forum alot on there think that whilst ME has been poor all season has been no worse than quite a few others in the squad.

Whether its Barton having a personal issue with Max who knows but the one thing it doesn't do is enhance Bartons image with the players. Modern players don't take kindly to Bartons antics with Max. Rovers are not solely in the shit they're in because of ME alone and judging by the comments on their match forum last night ME being absent didn't make a jot of difference to their abject performance.

What Barton seems to forget is he has to work with what he's got until the summer if it doesn't implode completely by then.

If you read there Gaschat forum alot on there think that whilst ME has been poor all season has been no worse than quite a few others in the squad.

Whether its Barton having a personal issue with Max who knows but the one thing it doesn't do is enhance Bartons image with the players. Modern players don't take kindly to Bartons antics with Max. Rovers are not solely in the shit they're in because of ME alone and judging by the comments on their match forum last night ME being absent didn't make a jot of difference to their abject performance.

What Barton seems to forget is he has to work with what he's got until the summer if it doesn't implode completely by then.
Look at some of the replies from Bristol Rovers fans to this Twitter post from Gillsintheblood:-

“Literally played like he doesn’t give a fuck all season and never speaks on the pitch arguably our worst player this season.”
“He’s been shocking for us, one of our worst transfers in ages.”
“Not the only one, but he’s been by far the worst, it’s a shame it’s not worked out, mistakes, no leadership, can’t defend, no pace etc.”
“he’s toss, looks like he doesn’t give a toss when he plays”

Look at some of the replies from Bristol Rovers fans to this Twitter post from Gillsintheblood:-

“Literally played like he doesn’t give a fuck all season and never speaks on the pitch arguably our worst player this season.”
“Not the only one, but he’s been by far the worst, it’s a shame it’s not worked out, mistakes, no leadership, can’t defend, no pace etc.”

Yeah saw them the other day. Clearly hasn't worked out for ME down there for whatever reason. One thing is for sure Bartons public hanging of ME won't have done anything positive to make ME a benefit to Rovers. Whilst ME wasn't a world beater here, some of the things being labelled at ME we didn't see from him in 5 years here.

Joey the Magnificent’s press conference today

“There’s a cancer running throughout this club and it needs cutting out”

Nice. Is he including his new employer in that statement.
Yeah! It starting running through the club when he arrived

Erm i dont think anyone was lapping up, or stating that Rovers were actually going to succeed with their ambitions. So you've no one to say "i told you so to" IMO.

I think the point always was that certainly we could understand how Ehmer might think they have more potential than us. You couldn't even comprehend how a club like Rovers would draw a player away from the Mighty Gills - best club in the land (i agree too of course).

The point that they've sacked various managers just shows the difference in ambition though IMO. If we had the same ambitions, we'd have sacked Evans earlier on this season when the football was awful and results weren't really going our way and it was looking like we'd slip into the lower half/relegation fight.

Their managerial changes shows they are determined to get it right sooner rather than later and underperforming is simply not acceptable. That shows their ambition. Along with the money (of course), it's the ambition of the club that will be why these players who have ambitions of performing at the top of the league or higher will have wanted to get involved (along with the money of course).

The point isn't though that this money means they are dead certs for promotion. These clubs with big money occasionally get it right straight away, but more than regularly they take a few goes at it to get it right... but they almost always get it in the end. We have seen high profile examples all over the leagues. Chelsea took a few years and a few managerial changes after the money came in. Man City, the same. But they all got there in the end, sooner or later.

Rovers with their money are now a club that will be expecting promotion/playoffs each year - that doesnt mean they will achieve it, they have to spend their money smartly - but the ambitions are clearly a little higher than us who are generally quite happy with a brief flirtation with the playoffs if truth be told.

I believe that unless the owners get bored/sick of ploughing in money, they will succeed sooner or later. 1-3 years etc.

Incidentally, it actually turns out that it's possible that in Ehmer's case, maybe his ability simply doesn't actually match their ambitions/the reason for going there. Is he really good enough for top of league 1? He believed he could perform at the top of the league 1. It's looking like he's not able to. But this is another matter. Of course we all knew that in Ehmer's case the security of an actual offer (where he had none from GFC at that point) was key for him probably, rather than a big pay rise, but the ambitions of the club will also have been one key draw.

Well, I can't remember the exact words, but my recollection is that there were quite a few people who were lapping up the expectations from Rovers fans tha they were going to challenge for the playoffs and recall you being one of them, which is backed up by the fact you see the need to write a whole article justiftying the position.

I don't recall saying anything as strong as "how a club like Rovers would draw a player away from the Mighty Gills". I seem to remember saying that it was a poor sideways move for Max, who, at the time, was our captain and one of our best players and I was critical of Scally for not dealing with his and other contracts sooner (so I agree with your last paragraph and did at the time).

Rovers may get their success in 1-3 years, which is looking like it may be being promotion back to League One!

In any other industry a person such as Barton would be called into the office for making such remarks. Is there no way the F.A. could censure him?
P.S. Not holding my breathe!

Scally - get him back here on loan to the end of the season. He can go back then as Barton will be gone when they go down.

Gone beyond the loan deadline, so he would not be able to play.

Even if Brizzle paid up his contract and he became a free agent, I don't think he would be eligible to sign and play for us as I think you have to be a free agent at the time of the deadline.

We have to remember that Cundy is on loan, and I think Bristol City have high expectations so we are unlikely to be able to sign him permanently. We will therefore be back in the market for a centre back in the summer, whether Tucker stays or not.

QUOTE="GillsBluenose, post: 2773729, member: 13685"]Gone beyond the loan deadline, so he would not be able to play.

Even if Brizzle paid up his contract and he became a free agent, I don't think he would be eligible to sign and play for us as I think you have to be a free agent at the time of the deadline.

We have to remember that Cundy is on loan, and I think Bristol City have high expectations so we are unlikely to be able to sign him permanently. We will therefore be back in the market for a centre back in the summer, whether Tucker stays or not.[/QUOTE]

Have you forgotten about Maghoma ?

QUOTE="GillsBluenose, post: 2773729, member: 13685"]Gone beyond the loan deadline, so he would not be able to play.

We have to remember that Cundy is on loan, and I think Bristol City have high expectations so we are unlikely to be able to sign him permanently. We will therefore be back in the market for a centre back in the summer, whether Tucker stays or not.

Have you forgotten about Maghoma ?[/QUOTE]
Who's he ?

May be the “surgery” for Ehmers shoulder weakness enables Rover’s to reclaim his wage until season end on their player insurance?

May be the “surgery” for Ehmers shoulder weakness enables Rover’s to reclaim his wage until season end on their player insurance?

Or a reason for him to stay away from the training ground. Pretty clear Barton doesn't want him.

Makes Bartons outburst even more strange

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56539536

Gee, that’s weird.

If it’s all true, and Max has been playing through injury, why would Barton slag him off like that? Has to be simply personal.

Maybe it is all smoke and mirrors and a way for Max (and the other player) to get away from the club and start somewhere afresh next year. Let Joey stew on his pending relegation. Assuming he’s not convicted before then. Hasn’t he got a trial due to start soon?