Bristol Rovers/Ehmer | Vital Football

Bristol Rovers/Ehmer

I get the impression that the Rovers fans may have run out of patience with Max...

"Ehmer totally useless again."

"In fact just show Ehmer the door as he isn't a captain nor does he appear to care or put in the required effort"

"Drop Ehmer out of the squad altogether"

"Can we get a refund on Ehmer?"

https://gaschat.co.uk/thread/17420/accrington-stanley-who-matchday-thread?page=13

Ouch.

"Somewhere at the back of a cupboard, inside an old carrier bag, is a receipt for Ehmer."

Dont think they rate Ehmer, or any of their back four, or any of their whole team or management for that matter.

Hanlon hooked at h/t too.

I'm tempted to go over the BBC text coverage to see how many times it says "attempt missed Hanlon".

It was only a matter of time , before Akinde got dragged into a thread about Bristol Rovers.

🤔

Akinde is the scapegoat at the moment. They'll be a different one next week... Some people seem to forget where we are. Last year we wasn't sure if we'd have a team or a football club. Now some are complaining about the players we have, and that we couldn't bring in more in the January window. I'm just happy that we're still surviving and mid table to boot! 🙂

Akinde is the scapegoat at the moment. They'll be a different one next week... Some people seem to forget where we are. Last year we wasn't sure if we'd have a team or a football club. Now some are complaining about the players we have, and that we couldn't bring in more in the January window. I'm just happy that we're still surviving and mid table to boot! 🙂

Hear, hear.

Despite his constant misses, Hanlan is what you would call a crowd pleaser, chasing down lost causes, even if he is only modestly successful in doing so. He must exhaust himself and I struggle to see him still playing when he reaches 30 as he does not conserve energy.

Akinde, who is 30, is the opposite. Doesn't go seeking the ball but rarely misses when he is "teed up" by others.

A combination of the two would be great but they would not be playing at our level, for the money we could offer.

Bristol Rovers look like a club with massive downward momentum and it's going to take something novel to jerk them out of it. I'm surprised at just how badly they bare doing and would not be surprised if they have another managerial change soon. Ehmer & Hanlan cannot be the reason for their decline and I doubt any of their players are looking forward to games. They were both decent for us and management would have retained them if they could have done.

I feel sorry for Max. Always professional with us. Oh, and can I just remind those chirping about how sh!t he was, that this time last year (With Max as Captain) The Gills along with Liverpool, Arsenal and a couple of others were still the only unbeaten teams in the league!

Last edited:
Hear, hear.

Despite his constant misses, Hanlan is what you would call a crowd pleaser, chasing down lost causes, even if he is only modestly successful in doing so. He must exhaust himself and I struggle to see him still playing when he reaches 30 as he does not conserve energy.

Akinde, who is 30, is the opposite. Doesn't go seeking the ball but rarely misses when he is "teed up" by others.

A combination of the two would be great but they would not be playing at our level, for the money we could offer.

I think Lovell could have got more out of a player like Akinde. The two Stevie's, the dream team 🙂

Last edited:
Bristol Rovers look like a club with massive downward momentum and it's going to take something novel to jerk them out of it. I'm surprised at just how badly they bare doing and would not be surprised if they have another managerial change soon. Ehmer & Hanlan cannot be the reason for their decline and I doubt any of their players are looking forward to games. They were both decent for us and management would have retained them if they could have done.
A banana skin waiting to happen when we play them next

It is wierd how poor they are doing. Besides Max and Brandon, they got in a couple other big names pre-season and spent a bit in transfers and wages apparently. Looked to a lot of people (me included) like they would be really pushing for the top 6 this season.

Oh well. Shame.