Brighton & Hove Albion FC vs. Tottenham Hotspur | Page 4 | Vital Football

Brighton & Hove Albion FC vs. Tottenham Hotspur

Bore figging draw..........play like that and even boring Utd will destroy us. With the stick Pogba is getting........what odds he gets a last min winner!

Aurier = liability.

I'd spell liability in his case as S.H.I.T.

He is an absolute head banger clusterfuck of a defender , and his crossing is even worse, what exactly has he brought to the team this season ?

And to think Kyle Walker was slagged off makes me weep.

I feel responsible I make three games all season one was city and the next is the Semi yikes! Ok I haven't seen tonight's game but can I try and calm a few nerves ( this place has not changed knees still a jerking ) Chelsea are 8 point behind us we need to get 9 more to make ECL a certainty. Chelsea are away to Burnley and then I think Liverpool at home,whilst we have Watford. The run in also boasts Newcastle at home. Honestly can't see Chelsea taking maximum points off the next two. I think we should all be reasonably confident we will lurch over the line. Today was a hang over from the first defeat in months and the Semi on the horizon. What ever happens against United we would be good enough to refocus on ECL. Pochettino himself will realise the reputational damage he'd take if we DON'T now make it. I don't think we'll even need more than 2 wins have a look at Chavs vs Saints it will reassure u that we are not being chased by a decent side and Alonso who has been one of their best players looks to out of the next 2 league games.

Kane scored, but shouldn't have played, he's way off the pace and judging by his actions he must have one hell of a performance bonus for winning the Golden Boot 3 years running! - I'm being facetious, but not about his overall performance being un-Kane-like.

Overall we weren't good, Brighton didn't make many errors and snuffed us out for the most part (that is, when we did move forward). Aurier was unlucky (I mean, he couldn't just back off could he...slight tangle and down goes their attacker); other than that he was his usual self (up and down).

Semi-final next, hmmm, not relishing it, but...

MoM for me was the groundsman. He did his best to create entertainment with the ice rink surface he created for the match. Anyway, to the game itself....

I'm losing the plot with Davies and Son who demonstrated a complete lack of quality again. Aurier will quite rightly get some flak for his mistake but those 2 were simply awful. So was Sissoko, but we expect that from him and only the manager knows why he was selected.

This game showed how important a fully fit Winks is to the squad. Eriksen and Dembele need someone else to do the intricate stuff.

Bore figging draw..........play like that and even boring Utd will destroy us. With the stick Pogba is getting........what odds he gets a last min winner!

I am going to be asking the Mrs WTF we can possibly do on early Saturday evening so I can forget this.

We all know what's going to happen now, a Spurs win really is a pipedream.

Is the great Spurs meltdown on? Remember that we miraculously being able to finish 3rd in a 2 horse race 2 seasons ago? Hardly ideal prep for semis man.

TBH, we looked like a bunch of players who havent played together for a while and lacked match sharpness, mixed with players who look jaded after a bad loss. I should think Poch bollocked them after this game because they were sloppy. Credit where credit is deserved, Brighton were organised and determined and we shouldnt take away from them how well they defended.

I'm not defending Aurier's overall performance, but the pen was harsh on him because there was very little contact and was more of a 'coming together' than a dumb challenge.

We lost the game because we failed to control midfield and once again our over-reliance on Eriksen to craft a chance cost us because he didnt play well. Wanyama is looking a bit more like his normal self, Toby had a decent game, Lucas and Son made a nuisance of themselves but not enough but other than that it was just a sloppy game with a distinct lack of desire and composure.

I thought Brighton played well especially the keeper. Son, Eriksen, Kane, Lamela and Moura all had chances some better than others. Some selfishness again with Son and Lamela waiting in space for passes in the box which didn't come. Both left stood with arms open asking .....why ?

We didn't lose the game and our MF coped pretty well. We drew the game from a rash moment again from Aurier who we know is a nutter.

I know I'm hard on Sissoko, but am I the only one who panics every time the ball is passed to him? His appalling first touch is definitely his biggest problem and in possession he never looks like he is ever under control. He did some decent forward passes and some ok crosses but he gives me serious trust issues.

I know I'm hard on Sissoko, but am I the only one who panics every time the ball is passed to him? His appalling first touch is definitely his biggest problem and in possession he never looks like he is ever under control. He did some decent forward passes and some ok crosses but he gives me serious trust issues.

I have that problem with both Sissoko and Lamela if Lamela doesn’t pass immediately.

Poch’s experiments at critical times are beginning to irritate me.

I'd spell liability in his case as S.H.I.T.

He is an absolute head banger clusterfuck of a defender , and his crossing is even worse, what exactly has he brought to the team this season ?

And to think Kyle Walker was slagged off makes me weep.

Trippier isn’t much better.

I saw it summed up well on Twitter.

Picking between Serge and Trippier is like choosing who to sleep with between you mum or you Nan.