Brexit rolls on... | Page 6 | Vital Football

Brexit rolls on...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think you give too much respect to Cummings.
It's not just one man obviously.

But he led vote leave and the strategy was very legitimately to set a torch to culture wars in the UK. Johnson hired him to do the same for him now.

The guy hasn't the balls to stand for office or have real responsibility, so hides behind those that have the misplaced public school confidence to do so

I hoped that that would stir some of you, it's much more interesting than the eternal repetitive political stuff about Brexit which is going to take place regardless. We are a lot nearer to China than the UK and probably see and hear more too, the Chinese have the largest population in the world and are learning everything at a swift lick. We have some good International universities in Australia and are snowed under with Chinese students, or were until the virus erupted. Our unis are in serious financial trouble now and will stay that way until the Chinese resume their input and they are already finding ways of doing just that. We are hearing more and more here about their spheres of influence, and it's not just confined to our region either, now includes countries in Africa and much wider. Only recently I read that China has taken top spot with their investments in Australia putting the USA into second place. Sign of the times ?
The Uni students from China all seem to go back there when they complete their studies as opposed to many of the other International people who seem to prefer to take out Oz citizenship.
The China of today is vastly different to what it was 30 or more years ago when I first visited and gathering pace too. I find that the Chinese are eager to learn and then put their qualifications into action.
And for those of you who may not know, India also has a similar size of population but is well behind in most other ways, but starting to emerge.
The world is changing at a quicker pace than before.

I hoped that that would stir some of you, it's much more interesting than the eternal repetitive political stuff about Brexit which is going to take place regardless. We are a lot nearer to China than the UK and probably see and hear more too, the Chinese have the largest population in the world and are learning everything at a swift lick. We have some good International universities in Australia and are snowed under with Chinese students, or were until the virus erupted. Our unis are in serious financial trouble now and will stay that way until the Chinese resume their input and they are already finding ways of doing just that. We are hearing more and more here about their spheres of influence, and it's not just confined to our region either, now includes countries in Africa and much wider. Only recently I read that China has taken top spot with their investments in Australia putting the USA into second place. Sign of the times ?
The Uni students from China all seem to go back there when they complete their studies as opposed to many of the other International people who seem to prefer to take out Oz citizenship.
The China of today is vastly different to what it was 30 or more years ago when I first visited and gathering pace too. I find that the Chinese are eager to learn and then put their qualifications into action.
And for those of you who may not know, India also has a similar size of population but is well behind in most other ways, but starting to emerge.
Just one point on that.

Chinese cannot take Oz citizenship without losing their Chinese citizenship. China does not allow duel citizenship. Tough choice for many Chinese expats and if they are reliving in a country where it's difficult to stay and live without citizenship then they generally go back to China

Just one point on that.

Chinese cannot take Oz citizenship without losing their Chinese citizenship. China does not allow duel citizenship. Tough choice for many Chinese expats and if they are reliving in a country where it's difficult to stay and live without citizenship then they generally go back to China

Must point out Pope that we have a large proportion of Naturalised Chinese, we know some as friends and some suburbs are full of originally Chinese.
If I had to make one observation about them I'd have to say that most of them are well off financially. (Well, richer than me.)

I have business interests in a few countries in Africa. The Chinese practically own one of them in all but name now.

they are also accused of interfering in agriculture recently and moving herds of cattle across country borders :( not sure the motives but are such financial heavyweights to poor economies that they are seemingly reshaping huge areas.

hmmm, that just reminded me of hundreds of elephants found dead down in rwanda i think? conspiracy alarm :)

they are also accused of interfering in agriculture recently and moving herds of cattle across country borders :( not sure the motives but are such financial heavyweights to poor economies that they are seemingly reshaping huge areas.

hmmm, that just reminded me of hundreds of elephants found dead down in rwanda i think? conspiracy alarm :)

The Rwandese stand up to China better than most.

The Zimbos need China right now, but China aren't even overly keen themselves!

we due to start that zimbabwe project soon but its becoming a bit volatile again :(

I am massively in favour of this lifestyle audit that the government in Zim has started conducting on government officials and politically connected people.

The Minister that was recently arrested, even if it doesn't lead to a conviction is a positive step forwards at least.

I am massively in favour of this lifestyle audit that the government in Zim has started conducting on government officials and politically connected people.

The Minister that was recently arrested, even if it doesn't lead to a conviction is a positive step forwards at least.

Absolutely !

Even on a basic humanity level i get some strange vibes. E.g im opinionated and when out there last year i spoke with officialdom there and stated it was accepted that income, even from our (potentially huge) project needs to pass down to the local economy and also that they cant sell 10million euros worth of crop for 20 grand, because you have a up front payment of 50 grand in your bank account. (what happened with tobacco)

but afterwards i feel nervous i should even say these things, its not my place at all, but im just being rational. i cant say i trust it all.

will be paid monthly but also % at the end... im working out costs on the monthly income, i just refuse to count that final payment

Absolutely !

Even on a basic humanity level i get some strange vibes. E.g im opinionated and when out there last year i spoke with officialdom there and stated it was accepted that income, even from our (potentially huge) project needs to pass down to the local economy and also that they cant sell 10million euros worth of crop for 20 grand, because you have a up front payment of 50 grand in your bank account. (what happened with tobacco)

but afterwards i feel nervous i should even say these things, its not my place at all, but im just being rational. i cant say i trust it all.

will be paid monthly but also % at the end... im working out costs on the monthly income, i just refuse to count that final payment

It's just such a ballache getting paid on anything in Zim, hence why all of their financial services guys are geniuses in doing financial gymnastics and would be running Wall Street if they had a chance in that kind of environment.

What a non statement.

Remainers have nothing left to fight with. Who exactly is even fighting it?

Dangerous nonsense. We have a prime minister who blames every criticism of him on remainers long after the fight was over. A PM who is very open that the 50% or more of remainers in this country have no place in the democratic process of brexit and will not be a valid part of it under any circumstances.

And when we are silent because there is nothing more we can do than be swept along the tide of poison with everyone else, we now have remainers claiming that we are still a factor. We aren't.

Takes two to tango.
They're are plenty of We're All Leavers Now people about. They're are many conservative and labour MPs who tried to help shape a brexit that would be acceptable to a decent number of people. These people have increased in number since the chance to stop brexit finally ebbed away and resistance has evaporated. Unfortunately, the process has been an entirely closed shop from beginning to end and always directed towards the hardest of hard brexits.

Brexit will be a disaster. It is already damaging.
Leaver Now government with diehard leavers for key ministries, followed by Vote Leave government with huge majority and leavers in total, unfettered control of cabinet and parliament. Neither arrangement can make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. It is an impossible job.
Remainers, the EU and Coronavirus will be blamed but the real cause is brexit itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.