Brexit Day! | Page 70 | Vital Football

Brexit Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair Laura Kuenssberg might as well be chief minister for propaganda.

Wouldn’t be at all surprised if she’d spent a few minutes with Boris the butcher hanging out the back of her.

Both parties think the Beeb horribly biased, analysis says no.

Both parties think the Beeb horribly biased, analysis says no.

I agree about most but that woman is especially Tory & certainly a very useful aide for Boris. I think the bias was made worse by the referendum as obviously the BBC wanted remain, as they are educated, intelligent people but in trying to prove they could be unbiased they went to far to leave.

All that has done is piss everyone off.

To be fair Laura Kuenssberg might as well be chief minister for propaganda.

Wouldn’t be at all surprised if she’d spent a few minutes with Boris the butcher hanging out the back of her.

If she didn't have a face like a sack of spanners, I'd hang out the back of her.

I suppose one can always switch the lights off.

If you were In charge of the health service (and you probably could make a better fist of it than many) and you were given an extra £X to spend would you spend it on protective equipment that worked quite well on winter pressure conditions, on equipment for pandemic that last appeared over 100 years ago and would likely give 3 to 6 months warning or plug every day shortages of both staff and equipment. The problem isn’t ventilators or viral protection equipment it is the long term shortage and unwillingness of people to pay for the Health Service. Call ambulances out at the drop of a hat, DNA at GP’s without a second thought, attend A&E for minor conditions without a thought on cost. NHS free at point of access, yes but some responsibility.

If you were In charge of the health service (and you probably could make a better fist of it than many) and you were given an extra £X to spend would you spend it on protective equipment that worked quite well on winter pressure conditions, on equipment for pandemic that last appeared over 100 years ago and would likely give 3 to 6 months warning or plug every day shortages of both staff and equipment. The problem isn’t ventilators or viral protection equipment it is the long term shortage and unwillingness of people to pay for the Health Service. Call ambulances out at the drop of a hat, DNA at GP’s without a second thought, attend A&E for minor conditions without a thought on cost. NHS free at point of access, yes but some responsibility.
1000%

How many of us a year ago would have agreed it was a good use of NHS money if we found out that a new hospital had been shelved to put tens of millions into pandemic preparation that not one of us really, in our hearts, believed was likely to happen?

Spot on about abuse of the NHS as well

Did you see me say that?
Just asking! I wonder who "people" is if it's not the government and those who vote for them. Maybe the currently prevalent greed for reduced taxes instead of services? I think the "abuse" of the system is probably accurate. The same with abuse of antibiotics (partly down to over-prescription, partly not completing the full programme) and the current ignoring of the isolation rules/requests.

Sometimes I wonder if this ignoring of procedues/rules relates to people losing faith in those who give the direction because of past lying and mistakes (e.g. herd theory for addressing Covid as the latest example). Stay safe boys.

“People” get the government they vote for. The Labour Party manifesto stated it would increase the health budget by 4.3%. I am stating although that is an improvement on the Tories increase it is still woefully low. The Blair govt, which you deride, managed a consistent 6%. If the NHS is to be saved it will need between 6% and 8% over the decade. The problem is many (the people) are not willing to pay for it and we get a fudged budget. The country needs an adult discussion over how much it is going to cost to fund an NHS to the level we expect and how that is going to be paid for. Saying tax the rich won’t wash, as has been shown they just move their money elsewhere.

“People” get the government they vote for. The Labour Party manifesto stated it would increase the health budget by 4.3%. I am stating although that is an improvement on the Tories increase it is still woefully low. The Blair govt, which you deride, managed a consistent 6%. If the NHS is to be saved it will need between 6% and 8% over the decade. The problem is many (the people) are not willing to pay for it and we get a fudged budget. The country needs an adult discussion over how much it is going to cost to fund an NHS to the level we expect and how that is going to be paid for. Saying tax the rich won’t wash, as has been shown they just move their money elsewhere.
I don't think I've ever joined in the Blair debate. Certainly better than what we have. The problem is that, starting back in the Thatcher days, (most) politicians play to the general greed by promising tax cuts and people don't see the flip side of that - i.e. no money for NHS etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.