Brexit Day! | Page 47 | Vital Football

Brexit Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is not really fair, the most that the labour govt can be held accountable for is not being prepared and stronger regulation. They were not alone and regulation was always tricky for labour as they were regularly accused of being anti business.
It would be nice to say that person/organisation was responsible but the reality is always more complex.
I never said that Labour were solely responsible, I said they were as responsible as anyone, and that is true.
PFI contracts??
Come on.

I would still argue against the idea that NL took neo-lib to new heights. They decided to try and work with business and curb the worst excesses. Obviously they were taken for complete mugs and PFI remains the gold standard of how not to do things. That you acknowledge they used more than one school of thought is more accurate. The easy criticism is that they were just populist pragmatists but it was deeper than that- as blair said at the time they believed it was right!

Peter Hitchens contends that both he and Blair were once ragings trots, and that NL was far more left-wing than most people give them credit for. He's usually right.

It is that simple though. We are living beyond our means. The current political party inherited a situation through previous mismanagement and fiscal irresponsibility, along with other poor decisions that have cost and continue to cost the country dearly (then again when we put the decision to the public the majority that vote also make mistakes!)
Isn't cutting costs across the board the fair thing to do though, rather than focus on a particular group.
It would be great to have the 1 trillion wealth that the Norwegians have such that we could be more supportive of health etc. but we don't and therefore we have to cut our cloth to suit.
I think the fair thing would be to close the loopholes so that the mega rich pay their share. Not likely under the current regime seeing that they got them elected specifically to avoid this approach.

Let me provide a summary of PMs in my life time:

Thatcher - shit
Major - meh
Blair - shit
Brown - shit
Cameron - shit
May - shit
Johnson - shit

It really has come to something when Major is the only one out of that Rupert Murdoch Cabal that with hindsight seems semi decent

Props to Brown for getting the right wing media and the Blairite new Tories to get sand in thier fannys

I see we are also walking away from the european arrest warrant. Sure a lot of criminals will be very happy, not sure how this is gonna make britain safer. Seems like we are trying to deport people who have lived here most of their lives but not interested in deporting foreign criminals quickly.
#sameoldtories

I see we are also walking away from the european arrest warrant. Sure a lot of criminals will be very happy, not sure how this is gonna make britain safer. Seems like we are trying to deport people who have lived here most of their lives but not interested in deporting foreign criminals quickly.
#sameoldtories
they want wealthy middle class immigrants, who, and 'whos' privately educated kids are the ones who really take the good jobs

Oh you stupid fucking idiots
Farmers really are thick as fuck aren't they?

They voted for the double whammy of Brexshit and believing the Tories

This is the only upside to Brexshit IMHO as it will be good for the climate

Obviously not good for our British country side and will annihilate our farming industry

But you get what you vote for

Status
Not open for further replies.