Brexit Day! | Page 19 | Vital Football

Brexit Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not commented on what Corbyn said. Neither did the post I was quoting. Yet another post aimed at the poster rather than the topic. Guess I can leave you all to revel in what you can find that goes wrong.In 5 years time there will be an election, but for better or worse Brexit has now happened, so it's up to Boris to sort it out. At least now we have directly elected responsibilty.
Your responsibility too tiger! Grrrr!

Deportation of the Windrush generation ? Lots of despicable decisions by the Tories over Windrush, but this is the deportation of criminals on the basis of a Labour Government Law, voted for by Corbyn, Abbott and Lammy.

From the Telegraph

Should people who are not British citizens and commit crimes be allowed to stay in the country or should they be deported? Most people would agree that they should be kicked out. In fact, the law says as much.

Under the UK Borders Act 2007, the Home Secretary must make a deportation order in respect of “foreign criminals” defined as a person who is not a British citizen and is sentenced to a period of imprisonment of 12 months or more. The only caveat is where removal would contravene the UK’s obligations under the Refugee and Human Rights Conventions.

It can be seen that this measure was passed by the last Labour government. Among the MPs supporting its Second Reading were Jeremy Corbyn, Diane Abbott and David Lammy, who was in the government at the time. Yet they were in full cry yesterday denouncing the Home Office deportation to Jamaica of 50 people who have fallen foul of this law.

Their objections have been framed within the context of the scandalous treatment of the so-called Windrush generation, immigrants who had been here since childhood but were threatened with removal despite having done nothing wrong. But this is a false comparison. Under Labour’s law, the deportation is automatic whatever the offender’s nationality.

Oh so Rolf Harris a nonce a convicted nonce
Can still reside in this country but a guy who got done for dangerous driving whilst being a learner driver gets kicked out of the country

Fuck off

Stop talking shite

This is racism pure and simple

Oh so Rolf Harris a nonce a convicted nonce
Can still reside in this country but a guy who got done for dangerous driving whilst being a learner driver gets kicked out of the country

Fuck off

Stop talking shite

This is racism pure and simple

Another balanced contribution. So criticise the government for not deporting him. Don't profess to know why he hasn't been sent back. There are thousands of other criminals of all colours that haven't been sent back, though as someone pointed out we used to send people to Australia whether they came from there or not !

Anyone committing a crime that brings a prison sentence should be deemed to have volunteered to leave. I guess we have to stick to the rules , human rights, European convention HR etc.

Don't know all the details

But it does feel that there should be a long residency clause.

Someone who has been in this country continuously since they were a child obviously shouldn't be deported to a country they don't know whether they are a citizen or not

Don't know all the details

But it does feel that there should be a long residency clause.

Someone who has been in this country continuously since they were a child obviously shouldn't be deported to a country they don't know whether they are a citizen or not

There was a case where someone who left the UK as a baby was deported back here from Australia . Don't have much sympathy for criminals though. There is certainly a lot wrong with our immigration system though. A recent series showed that people who could be deported weren't, whilst a girl who was born in the UK was being deported when she applied to go to Uni because her mum hadn't got the right paperwork. (Think her mum was a Windrush baby). Think she got to stay in the end though, but that doesn't make up for the problems she had.

There was a case where someone who left the UK as a baby was deported back here from Australia . Don't have much sympathy for criminals though. There is certainly a lot wrong with our immigration system though. A recent series showed that people who could be deported weren't, whilst a girl who was born in the UK was being deported when she applied to go to Uni because her mum hadn't got the right paperwork. (Think her mum was a Windrush baby). Think she got to stay in the end though, but that doesn't make up for the problems she had.
You are only one mistake from being a criminal yourself potentially. There but by the grace of God and all that.

If someone has grown up here they are our responsibility. Their criminal behaviour is a result of growing up in our society.

Adults are perhaps different but I cannot muster the same daily mail militancy as others do

actually, i dont what the crime is either, its irrelevant. the justice system did not issue deportation, they demanded prison sentences which they served fully. so there is not even a crime, its fascism.

Hey Lienking, how do you and your Brexit Tory buddies like this one?https://www.theguardian.com/comment...qSQTtotOO7-CjIjV6aBq31SHuUWUuKXZkGD28dbvfB26k

Oh I'll try and top that

HS2 which is going to cost more than the whole costed Labour manifesto ...yep a lot more

Can you guess who it is?

Who's father is going to make millions out of compensation because he will have to sell one of his homes because of HS2

He also has a brother who's firm is going to get £7billion from the land grab because of HS2

I'll give you another clue

This fucking muppet wants to build a bridge from Scotland to Ireland that no one will be able to use as it is too windy, wet and dangerous and remember this fucking nut job couldn't even get a bridge from London to London built at a cost of millions

One more clue

He also purchased water cannons that were never going to be able to be used at a cost of millions

Who is it?

Hey Lienking, how do you and your Brexit Tory buddies like this one?https://www.theguardian.com/comment...qSQTtotOO7-CjIjV6aBq31SHuUWUuKXZkGD28dbvfB26k

Why do i look!!!

Just makes me angry all over again. This is yet another example of what fuxit actually means. Do any of the idiots who voted for this actually understand it? They say they do and then you see this.

So LK and the rest of you muppets, which one of you has the balls to admit you voted for the proposed laws in the link?

Thought not.

Oh Radford I he
Why do i look!!!

Just makes me angry all over again. This is yet another example of what fuxit actually means. Do any of the idiots who voted for this actually understand it? They say they do and then you see this.

So LK and the rest of you muppets, which one of you has the balls to admit you voted for the proposed laws in the link?

Thought not.

Oh Radford I have one of many more for you

https://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trump-strike-trade-deal-with-eu-ahead-of-uk-2020-2?r=US&IR=T

At the end of the day we dont want the kind of trade deal this fucking muppet will want to negotiate as it is really is the end of the NHS our food standards our workers rights etc etc

But these Brexitstannis dont have a fucking clue what they are on about or what they have done to us

The only thing you can surmise is that they hate Britain

I thought Nandy and Starmer looked the most competent last night. Hopefully Momentum realise Corbyn with tits just won't cut it.

I have been saying for a while that Starmer should would be the leader

RLB already has the right wing media going after her

She doesn't stand a chance

Starmer will get the nod from Rupert Murdoch and all the blairites and the new tories will be happy

I have been saying for a while that Starmer should would be the leader

RLB already has the right wing media going after her

She doesn't stand a chance

Starmer will get the nod from Rupert Murdoch and all the blairites and the new tories will be happy

You have obviously never met nandy or starmer. As someone who has and could more closely resemble a 'new tory' as you put it, neither could be described as a blairite.

Oh Radford I he

Oh Radford I have one of many more for you

https://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trump-strike-trade-deal-with-eu-ahead-of-uk-2020-2?r=US&IR=T

At the end of the day we dont want the kind of trade deal this fucking muppet will want to negotiate as it is really is the end of the NHS our food standards our workers rights etc etc

But these Brexitstannis dont have a fucking clue what they are on about or what they have done to us

The only thing you can surmise is that they hate Britain

Can only do one a day, blood pressure, desire not to become extreme, etc etc.

To be honest im probably going to accelerate plans to move away. The country that i was proud of has all but died, very much a dude, where's my country situation.

We were told we would have the power to make more rigorous environmental protections.
This part was true.

The expectation that would happen is pure naivety.
Democracy? These decisions are now made by a handful of men, mostly unelected, in a back room,with no checks on how they arrived at those decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.