Brexit Day! | Page 104 | Vital Football

Brexit Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other than the Faroe Islands and Switzerland, we have nothing on the table.

Only if you don't count the others on the table...

Southern African nations (£10.2bn in 2018)
South Korea (£14.8bn in 2018)
Israel (£4.2bn in 2018)
Eastern and Southern Africa (£2bn in 2018)
Caribbean countries (£3.7bn in 2018)
Andean countries (£3.4bn in 2018)
Morocco (£2.5bn in 2018)
Switzerland (£32.4bn in 2018)
The Faroe Islands (£252m in 2018)

Central America (£1.1bn in 2018)
Chile (£2bn in 2018)

There are many others, but I'm sure you get the point.

Israel (£4.2bn in 2018)
Morocco (£2.5bn in 2018)

Chile (£2bn in 2018)

Are they signed?

Thing is ORF, this rotten, inadequate Government is made up entirely of the people who campaigned so vigorously for Leave. The current PM was the de facto leader of the Leave Campaign.

It’s one thing to be spouting lies when there is no accountability for your actions, now there is, and they do not have the first clue what to do next.

The response from Boris and Co to COVID19 started off by being patronising to the British people, when it was shown that Government actions where inadequate, the message slowly changed to defiance, it’s now contempt.
That’s how it will be when the EU trade deal negotiations ‘fail’ (not that we all perceive fail in the same way, after all Brexit got done, well done Boris!!)

The world economies are in a tail spin right now. Look at the unemployment figures in the US. We are bad here too, I hate to think what they will be here when the Government support systems end, that is really masking much of that at the moment.
COVID19 has drained the country’s coffers...we are skint, and have very little manoeuvring room to recover that situation.

For the foreseeable future the larger countries (US, China India) and trading blocks will be inward looking to protect themselves. Many have agreements with each other that will smooth the path, they all know the terms of trade and the limitations. They are big enough and powerful enough to be like that, work together with those they have, dictate to those they don’t.

Other than the Faroe Islands and Switzerland, we have nothing on the table.
I cannot think of a weaker negotiating position to be in. The U.K. is short of cash, and has no worthwhile trade deals, so if we do get to negotiate, they are likely to be the easiest trade deals in history....what we get offered will be on a take it or leave it basis. There will not be much negotiating.
Neither option is in the UK’s best interests.
You are sure the U.K. will be fine, I’m sure it will too, eventually, but not in my lifetime, and I intend to be around quite a few more years yet, I have goats and grandkids to look forward too, hopefully in that order.

It really didn’t need to be like this, some of us blame the EU for everything that is wrong in the U.K., well now we will see.

Which brings it back neatly to our rotten, inadequate Government.....

Tend to agree with your views Feco, your paragraph towards the end of your post seemed to hit home when relating to the UK coming good eventually. Your talk of grandkids reminded me that I have 6 great grand kids ( I was a fast mover in the day ), and the situation here in Oz is much the same as the UK maybe worse in some ways as we have next to no manufacturing base worthy of the name. Also that China is our biggest trading partner by a mile and they have the knife into us at the moment due to adverse comments about the Virus timing. Even so I feel sure that Oz will also be O.K. but perhaps not in my time either.
The whole world is in turmoil at the moment and the USA in particular is in a real mess with no solution in sight. This will have an effect on the rest of us, at the moment I have no idea how bad or how long but feel sure it's going to come.
I'm lucky, I'm an optimist.[/QUOTE]

Is that your answer?

Why are you expecting me to search for signed trade deals on your behalf?
You either couldn't be bothered as part of the earlier post as it didn't fit the narrative, or you didn't know how.

Teach a man to fish, etc.

Israel (£4.2bn in 2018)
Morocco (£2.5bn in 2018)

Chile (£2bn in 2018)

Just to be clear. You are od the opinion that the de Paffer/Cummings governemnt is doing a good job a.,with Brexit, 2. With Covid19?

Just to be clear. You are od the opinion that the de Paffer/Cummings governemnt is doing a good job a.,with Brexit, 2. With Covid19?

How did me correcting an inaccurate statement motivate you to draw that conclusion?

Desparate, desparate individual. By only partially quoting someones response and then attempting to call tem out shows you up for what you really are.

Last edited:
Desparate, desparate individual. By only partially quoting someones response and then attempting to call tem out shows you up for what you really are.

Desperate.
To lose one parent may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose both looks like carelessness.

Why are you expecting me to search for signed trade deals on your behalf?
You either couldn't be bothered as part of the earlier post as it didn't fit the narrative, or you didn't know how.

Teach a man to fish, etc.

Well it wasn’t hard, because clearly my original statement was accurate. I thank you for helping to clarify that.

You are completely correct, It is important to accurately state the facts, not be taken in by inaccuracies.

That’s probably why you voted Remain.

As I pointed out....expected to take effect from 1st January 2021.
Nothing Guaranteed....still represents 8% of U.K. trade.

Again thanks for clarifying my original post.
We Remainers have to stick together 👍

'Trade agreements that have been signed'...

Andean countries
CARIFORUM trade bloc
Central America
Chile
Eastern and Southern Africa (ESA) trade bloc 
Faroe Islands
Georgia
Iceland and Norway
Israel
Jordan
Kosovo
Lebanon
Liechtenstein
Morocco
Pacific states
Palestinian Authority
South Korea
Southern Africa Customs Union and Mozambique (SACUM) trade bloc
Switzerland
Tunisia

So, are you saying these trade agreements that have been signed have not actually been signed? Just want to draw a line under this.

And it probably should be noted that the second biggest deal, Norway and Iceland will not enter into force.
It was only set up in the event to protect against an April 19 No Deal.
Bit disingenuous to leave that in don’t you think?

It is, I agree. But factually it is a trade deal we have signed, which is why it was Harvard referenced.

'Trade agreements that have been signed'...

Andean countries
CARIFORUM trade bloc
Central America
Chile
Eastern and Southern Africa (ESA) trade bloc 
Faroe Islands
Georgia
Iceland and Norway
Israel
Jordan
Kosovo
Lebanon
Liechtenstein
Morocco
Pacific states
Palestinian Authority
South Korea
Southern Africa Customs Union and Mozambique (SACUM) trade bloc
Switzerland
Tunisia

So, are you saying these trade agreements that have been signed have not actually been signed? Just want to draw a line under this.

They are signed, but as we know not enacted. They may never be.
Actually in the case of the second biggest deal, that will never be enacted, and as it actually expired when the no deal in April 2019 didn’t happen.
As we agree, it is disingenuous to leave that on a Government document post that date.

But you are right, it was signed.

So that’s 8% of the U.K. trade under agreement.....only 92% to go.

I would have asked if you saw this coming when you voted leave, but as you voted remain, I guess not.

Status
Not open for further replies.