Brexit and all that shite .... | Page 414 | Vital Football

Brexit and all that shite ....

I’m not sure ffs quite covers it. Grayling is a fucking buffoon, whatever he touches is a disaster. To make him chairman of parliaments intelligence and security committee is pure madness.
Yaaayyy.......... we're in agreement on summat within this thread. ;)

Seriously, given that this appointment is quite obviously idiotic/incompetent/imbecilic doesn't it leave you with just a little doubt as to Johnson's suitability to be in the position he is.

If he can appoint Grayling, then just imagine all the other bloody stupid decisions he's making that don't come to our attention.

(Now, LMB, that's a conspiracy theory!)
;)

..............., then again teachers tend to be better educated and see through the lies and bigotry of the right.

...........and the left alike, surely.

Edit:

For clarification, far right, and far left are both (probably) wrong ......in equal measure, but for different reasons.

Centre left and center right however should hold/give no concern to any of us though ...................... so why try and demonise them?

Last edited:
Forgive me all. I apologise. Profusely.

In an earlier post, I implied that Johnson's appointment of Grayling as the Chair of the Intelligence & Security Committee was effectively inexplicable.

I was wrong.

Apparently, one of his first tasks will be to publish the report on Russia's influence in the election etc ...........

Of course it is. There had to be a good reason for him getting the job. I forgot all about "to cover Johnson's arse".

Isn't it depressing.

Yaaayyy.......... we're in agreement on summat within this thread. ;)

Seriously, given that this appointment is quite obviously idiotic/incompetent/imbecilic doesn't it leave you with just a little doubt as to Johnson's suitability to be in the position he is.

If he can appoint Grayling, then just imagine all the other bloody stupid decisions he's making that don't come to our attention.

(Now, LMB, that's a conspiracy theory!)
;)

Forgive me all. I apologise. Profusely.

In an earlier post, I implied that Johnson's appointment of Grayling as the Chair of the Intelligence & Security Committee was effectively inexplicable.

I was wrong.

Apparently, one of his first tasks will be to publish the report on Russia's influence in the election etc ...........

Of course it is. There had to be a good reason for him getting the job. I forgot all about "to cover Johnson's arse".

Isn't it depressing.

So what you’re saying is Boris is cleverer than you thought 😉

Sadly Grayling is an imbecile so probably doesn’t realise he’s being set up as a pasty. Give it a month until the height of the corona virus and we’re more concerned about getting bog roll and I’m sure he’ll be instructed to release it.

Look at the examples of bias they’re laughable

This infestation of the education system needs addressing. These people seem to be running scared of being highlighted for what they are. Has to be a good thing to reinforce impartiality in teaching our youngsters.

Forgot to mention earlier ................... credit to Rishi Sunak today. Looked very comfortable, spoke very eloquently, and presented some good elements in the budget ....... even if some of them were Labour suggestions !

Forgot to mention earlier ................... credit to Rishi Sunak today. Looked very comfortable, spoke very eloquently, and presented some good elements in the budget ....... even if some of them were Labour suggestions !

Bloody hell Moonay are you feeling alright?

I’ve only seen snippets but yes he looked very assured of what he was saying. A matter of weeks to prepare that with a situation changing daily so can’t have been easy. I note may was moaning but it’s clear the economy is going to be hit with this virus so it’s right the purse strings have been loosened. No idea what the opposition have said as nothing could be worse than the disaster they were proposing so pointless listening to them.

Erm........as I said, quite a few of the things "they were proposing" have actually ended up in this budget, by hook or by crook. Needs must, I know, but it's a nice twist.

As for the praise for Sunak, I'd like to think I've given any decent politician credit when deserved, regardless of political persuasion. Luckily, within the current Tory front bench, this isn't a frequent event.
😉

This infestation of the education system needs addressing. These people seem to be running scared of being highlighted for what they are. Has to be a good thing to reinforce impartiality in teaching our youngsters.
"Running scared"... Because of death threats.
Again with the "infestation". Quite simply not true. If you politicise and Marketise education as is happening it is only natural there will be backlash from all sides of the education system (At least those that actually work in it, not Ofsted). Really simple tbh.

"Running scared"... Because of death threats.
Again with the "infestation". Quite simply not true. If you politicise and Marketise education as is happening it is only natural there will be backlash from all sides of the education system (At least those that actually work in it, not Ofsted). Really simple tbh.

Yet it is true. Look at the hysteria now from students when an external speaker has a different view to them, they ban them. Clearly they are not used to hear alternate views and different sides of the story. This indoctrination has to end and those responsible for it are getting worried.

Yet it is true. Look at the hysteria now from students when an external speaker has a different view to them, they ban them. Clearly they are not used to hear alternate views and different sides of the story. This indoctrination has to end and those responsible for it are getting worried.

I agree that young minds should not be influenced by the political opinions of teachers of the left or by for example holocaust deniers.
So how can the undeveloped young mind recognise when they are being influenced.

Unlike Hindley, I can recall my teachers at Primary and Secondary dissing Labour. At that time we were an Express reading family (60s & 70s) so I did not mind and neither had the means nor need to report it

Unlike Hindley, I can recall my teachers at Primary and Secondary dissing Labour.

With that in mind I decided to dig my old HAGS end of term reports out...christ I wish I hadn't bothered. If you recall Ian on the extreme right it was reserved for teacher comments...Ma V provided the pearler " seems smugly content with his limited ability ".. bitch, I was 14 FFS.

With that in mind I decided to dig my old HAGS end of term reports out...christ I wish I hadn't bothered. If you recall Ian on the extreme right it was reserved for teacher comments...Ma V provided the pearler " seems smugly content with his limited ability ".. bitch, I was 14 FFS.

Not changed much then ! ;)

Well, after giving credit to Sunak the other day, I suppose - as much as it pains me - I have to do likewise to Johnson. Not that he himself has done anything, mind. No, it's more what he hasn't done........... and that's to not be a complete and utter moron like Trump.

He slipped up during the Q&A session after his National Emergency "speech". ....... he actually let proper journalists ask proper questions, resulting in him (embarrassingly) declining to take any responsibility for the poor response in the US, and then denying he knew anything about the disbanding of the WH Pandemic office ........... which he'd previously tried to defend last month !!!

Trump is a turd. Johnson is merely playing at it.

I taught at a Catholic secondary. When writing reports on the class trouble makers, work avoiders; I always used "I hope they can find the strength from within to resist the temptation and disruptive influences of others"

You know my thoughts on HAGS teachers, on the fleecebook group there are a few current posts about how the school failed them

The school didn't fail me though, I have come to realise I must have been a nightmare for them. They tried their best but you can lead a horse to water......